Video: Nate Newton is thrilled with the Dallas Cowboys 2021 NFL Draft

ESisback

Reaction score
Have you listened to Nate? He’s not the brightest guy when it comes to football at all.

I think fans would be shocked how very little some of these players know outside of their assignment on the football field. Even some of them can’t get that part down.

And guys like Mel Kiper are “experts”. How often is he wrong?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And guys like Mel Kiper are “experts”. How often is he wrong?

I mean to be fair how often are NFL teams wrong too.. All the time.

My problem with Nate is a lot of the time he just comes off as not informed about things.

Kiper knows a lot about the players in the draft class. Maybe he doesn’t project them well but he is very well informed about players.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I mean to be fair how often are NFL teams wrong too.. All the time.

My problem with Nate is a lot of the time he just comes off as not informed about things.

Kiper knows a lot about the players in the draft class. Maybe he doesn’t project them well but he is very well informed about players.
Well hell, based on most of your posts on here, my dog knows more about football than you do, so I wouldn’t exactly put a lot of stock in how you think he “comes off”.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well hell, based on most of your posts on here, my dog knows more about football than you do, so I wouldn’t exactly put a lot of stock in how you think he “comes off”.

Ah.. I ignored your first post so you chose to be a dip **** and say something like this.. Fine I’ll play..

What post in particular? What am I wrong about smart guy?

Let me guess.. You’ll say something vague like “everything” or something stupid because you got bored and chose to be a dip ****.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I love Nate. But he is more of an optimist than Jerry is.

so you have to take that into consideration when listening to him say stuff.

He is a cowboys homer. There’s nothing wrong with that. But he always feels good about their moves lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ddff775cd8ebfcb444b39d88c1d172086d63c607_hq.gif

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm certain he knows more about these youngins than I do. I don't watch college football and never heard of any of them except Parsons. In time, we'll know what we've got.
Not putting you down, but sounds like we're both in the same boat.

plasticman

Reaction score
I like Nate.

everyone thought for sure that when Jimmy took over the team the first thing he was going to do was show Nate the door. Nate had a tendency to gain weight and Jimmy tried to get him to lose weight. However, the coaches gave up when they saw that the weight didn't effect his performance. For a very big guy he was exceptionally quick and strong. It was said that, at 350 pounds, he could still slam dunk a basketball. His weight never effected his ability as a pulling guard.

What Nate and Larry Allen did to those All Pro Steeler linebackers in the first half of Super Bowl 27 was brutal.

In that game Nate was 34 years old and there was still two starters on that line older than him. Nate has stayed around the game, he knows his football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yes I have listened to him a lot. Not lately but He is more knowledgeable about it overall than what you are trying to make it seem.
Yeah I'm confused to why he's getting labeled like he doesn't' know what he's talking about. He's always done solid work and from what I can gather he seems to be knowledgeable about college football and prospects too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s not fair.. Most of these coaches hadn’t seen these guys play either until late into the off-season.

Now they do get way better film than we get to evaluate guys on but most of the big name guys have enough to give a legitimate evaluation on.
How is that not fair but its fair to judge Nate as a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about? Or that he hasn't seen any of these guys play?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How is that not fair but its fair to judge Nate as a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about? Or that he hasn't seen any of these guys play?

In general I think Nate knows what he’s talking about.

Just this draft class my guess is he doesn’t have a clue just like most of the people outside of the draft show guys on that website.

I like Nate btw. Just sometimes when he has to get into specifics and not generalizations I wonder if he did his homework.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nate :facepalm:

Hit the breaks on this D. I'll believe it when I see it improved.

jnday

Reaction score
It’s the most intriguing draft class that I can remember.

I don’t think they squeezed all of the value that they could have out of the picks but I like all of them.

I also can’t wait to see what they have planned for Parsons.. I hope they figure out how to make him a key part of our pass rush somehow. If he doesn’t effect the pass game somehow then it’s a major waste of a pick.
I know it is probably just me, but this Cowboy draft was the least exciting for me since the 2009 draft. Since the track record for 3rd and 4th round draft picks have not been very good, I was hoping they would trade up and go after quality players instead of quantity. I have a feeling that several of these picks won’t be around for very long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
=
I know it is probably just me, but this Cowboy draft was the least exciting for me since the 2009 draft. Since the track record for 3rd and 4th round draft picks have not been very good, I was hoping they would trade up and go after quality players instead of quantity. I have a feeling that several of these picks won’t be around for very long.
I think the reason why they didn't trade up is because the players on their board weren't worth trading up for. Why trade up for Kelvin Joseph when you can sit back and have him fall to you?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Of course they addressed the defense. They've addressed every position on offense. Conceivably they could have taken a C, but that's the only offensive position you could even consider looking for a starter for.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Im trying my best to convince myself that this was a Will McClay and scouting dept draft with a Jerry Jones handshake with Quinn.
Just maybe some of the names might not be familiar, and the Cowboys drafted players that didnt coincide with my 1k mocks that we could have got 2 rounds later.
Just saying that when an actual franchise draft actually allows, because they actually believe and have faith in their scouting dept make the picks,, theres going to be a few names
that us average joe fans wont recognize.
This was a McClay Quinn draft with Jerrys approval, Moore gets scraps on the sideline...lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you listened to Nate? He’s not the brightest guy when it comes to football at all.

I think fans would be shocked how very little some of these players know outside of their assignment on the football field. Even some of them can’t get that part down.
When I was married, my wife's brother in law used to do a radio show with Nate, so it's not like talking football is foreign to him. I'm guessing he knows a thing or two.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I like Nate.

everyone thought for sure that when Jimmy took over the team the first thing he was going to do was show Nate the door. Nate had a tendency to gain weight and Jimmy tried to get him to lose weight. However, the coaches gave up when they saw that the weight didn't effect his performance. For a very big guy he was exceptionally quick and strong. It was said that, at 350 pounds, he could still slam dunk a basketball. His weight never effected his ability as a pulling guard.

What Nate and Larry Allen did to those All Pro Steeler linebackers in the first half of Super Bowl 27 was brutal.

In that game Nate was 34 years old and there was still two starters on that line older than him. Nate has stayed around the game, he knows his football.

Almost that whole line was beastly in the golden 90s. Larry Allen, Nate Newton, and Erik Williams literally made pass rushers, tackles and linebackers cry.

Last edited:

chagus

Reaction score
Does Nate know anything about any of these players?

Over under of film watched on these guys outside of Parsons... 10 minutes...

I’ll take the under.

Maybe he does.... ya know... being a former player and all. He's been there. More than you or I know.