Nate tells it like it is, all zoners should listen and cowboy players

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
nate is on smoakys show and hopefully DC can put up the podcast,

anyway nate tells it like it is, that if your not physical and mentally tough, and prepare and work hard, then you will get beat,

nate went on to say like last year in playoff game against giants last year, that some of the players were thinking all we have to do is show up

i even remember seeing a video of the pregame for cowboys giants playoff game, that one cowboy player was saying, we have the star on our helmet, they the giants dont want any of this

nate is going on to say, its practice, practice, quit dumb mistakes, no one wants to be accountable, and the players say we will just put it on wade, he says he will be accountable,

nate said do you want to go up to chicago and play in the playoffs there, the bears dont care how glittery you are, they play hard and mean and tough

are do you want to go up to DC against the Commanders in playoffs in the cold weather like the bears;

nate said like jenkins you dont pull him, you put him back out there and tell him its either sink or swim, and man up

nate said this team stil thinks that with romo, kosier, felix, and newman coming back, then everything will be allright, but these guys dont know enthusiam, or go to your other players that free you up for a sack, did you go thank the players that freed you up to make the sack, i see the patriots do that but not the cowboys, which means a team game

nate says shut up and play ball players, time to get out and do your job

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
good recap--thanks

I hope someone on the team listens to what Nate says

Jay

Reaction score
Thanks for the recap, but this part confused me a bit.

"nate said do you want to go up to chicago and play in the playoffs there, the bears dont care how glittery you are, they play hard and mean and tough

are do you want to go up to DC against the Commanders in playoffs in the cold weather like the bears"

I'm sorta lost here.. why would we go up to DC to face the Commanders? Is Nate saying that the Giants aren't gonna make the playoffs? Unless Washington wins the division, we won't be traveling to Washington, as a Wild Card we'd travel to one of the division winners.

CoCo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2411685 said:
This thread surprises me very much.

I smell sarcasm... :)

Yeah, we needed someone like Nate to step forward and say the things he did because they are soooo insightful. No one but a former player could've possibly figured that out.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Big Nate on KTBB.com
-----------------------------------

He isn't holding any punches. And he shouldn't be.

The road ahead is very, very tough.

If this team can't find some toughness then they will be sitting home come January.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
right DC, thats basically what Nate was saying, the players are going have to get physically and mentally tough, because, the only way to play in playoffs will be against probably, the Bears, or Commanders or giants, and that will be in a stadium in cold weather,

If this team can't find some toughness then they will be sitting home come January.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm tired of all the do this, do that crap. They need to man up. If this team can't go on a run, or find it in themselves to man up then I'm done!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing the players say if we knew what was wrong we would fix it! It's a crock. Go out there and pull together and do your freakin job you lasy overpaid pre-maddona's!

It's time to man up....nobody needs a pep talk. I'm embarrased for them....how can you play this way when you are the Dallas Cowboys?

PS ......If Flo get's another stupid false start in a crucial situation...I'm going to personally go down to Valley Rance and punch him in his face!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thats basically what nate said, that is time to man up

let the rookies learn, how else can they learn, that you have to play them, and like the jenkins play, then you throw him to the fire and when he doesnt make the tackle like he should have, its all out in the publics plain view for everyone to see and he has to be held accountable, thats how you learn, from your mistakes till you grow as a player, but you have to man up sink or swim,

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Aven8;2412184 said:
I'm tired of all the do this, do that crap. They need to man up. If this team can't go on a run, or find it in themselves to man up then I'm done!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing the players say if we knew what was wrong we would fix it! It's a crock. Go out there and pull together and do your freakin job you lasy overpaid pre-maddona's!

It's time to man up....nobody needs a pep talk. I'm embarrased for them....how can you play this way when you are the Dallas Cowboys?

PS ......If Flo get's another stupid false start in a crucial situation...I'm going to personally go down to Valley Rance and punch him in his face!
THAT is a great post! I feel the exact same way. Enough is enough.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Nate needs to get off the radio and start coaching the oline.
I am only joking a little...

cowboyed

Reaction score
2much2soon;2412398 said:
Nate needs to get off the radio and start coaching the oline.
I am only joking a little...

His first motivational ploy would be to personally hand roll a joint for each Olineman that has a tough successful practice. If the team wins a particular game each Olineman nets a 4 oz. bag of Acapulco Gold....ok I'll quit while I am behind.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2412184 said:

:hammer:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What's funny is that Nate doesn't even know the names of 3/4 of the players on the team.

He was on Talking Cowboys and they were talking about the defense and someone asked him if he'd like to see more of Anthony Spencer and he was like, "Uhh.." and changed the subject, then brought it back and said it didn't matter if "Spears" was in.

All he knows is players from his time, and he's played the game so he obviously has that knowledge, but as far as his knowledge of the actual personel on the team, he's got no idea. In the same show he also thought Burnett was a first round pick.

I like it when he's on Talking Cowboys though, because he counters Mickey's idiotic arguments.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2411810 said:
Big Nate on KTBB.com
-----------------------------------

However, if this team gets its players back and wins this Washington game, you might end up in the Super Bowl. Who knows? Let's let the season play out. There is seven more games left.

mnky2hvn

Reaction score
I think it's more about what Nate ISN'T saying. so I'll say it FOR him:

"If this was Jimmy Johnson's team, with this much talent and potential, he wouldn't be sittin' there like this dumb *** Wade Phillips, makin' excuses. He'd figure a way to win. He'd game plan better. He'd motivate. He'd teach and COACH. He would WILL this team to play better."

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CoCo;2411775 said:
I smell sarcasm... :)
Maybe... :)

But I am genuinely surprised that we got through an entire Nate-critical-on-KTBB post without even one stairmaster reference.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like Nate, loved him as a play, and he has some good stories to tell at times and such but too often he's spending WAY to much time comparing this team to the one he was on and I just think that is stupid.

These are totally different teams, especially offensively. I mean #1 we're a passing team now who passes to set up the run where that wasn't necassarily the case back in Nates day. They were built to maul and bully people by imposing the running game on people.

I just don't see how he, or anyone, can try and compare the two teams.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I believe that under the terms of Nate's probation he is not to hang around a guy named Smoaky.