Nathan Rourke QB BC Lions should be a backup QB

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm watching the BC Lions play the Toronto Argonauts, and they currently lead 44-3. The QB Nathan Rourke just set the record for the most passing yards in a single game by a Canadian QB. He's been shredding Toronto today, and he apparently put a beat down on Edmonton last week.

I say this because I think he should be considered for a backup role for the Cowboys. He looks really good, and I think him as a back up QB would be a very good move. I think he'd be an upgrade over Cooper Rush.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And before you scoff at this idea, firstly, I'm thinking he'd make a great backup, and I'd like him to be our backup. Secondly, let's not forget that the CFL has produced some very good NFL players. Doug Flutie did well after a stop in Canada, and Warren Moon was a great CFL player before he became a legend with the Oilers. If not for the CFL, Warren Moon might never have been discovered. So, there is precedent for the CFL producing quality NFL QBs. Oh, and he's only 24 years old.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it'd be a good idea to watch ESPN 2. You'll see what I mean about this guy. He's got incredible poise in the pocket.