NBA no longer testing players for weed

jsb357

Reaction score
zekepost.jpg
http:\\www.jsbcycle.com\memes\zekepost.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Really can't see the point of testing for pot. Don't know of any evidence it directly affects a player's performance, especially if it's not done extensively or only in the off season. Maybe makes the player too mellow, therefore he's not as competitive as he needs to be in games? I have no idea.

The biggest thing is that society is changing. When I was in my 20's and younger, a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing, at worst, and frowned upon at best.
Now my own relatives celebrate an 18 year old having a baby out of wedlock, like it was the greatest thing ever. Smoking pot was about as bad as robbing a bank, you were considered some kind of degenerate lowlife. Even drinking was frowned upon by a lot of folks, you were a weak person for having to do that to cope with life.

Of course some things change for the better - driving drunk was just something people did, as long as you didn't kill somebody on the road, well it was no big deal. A comedian made a good living out out of playing a drunk. Lots of movies portrayed a drunk person as "cute". Now driving drunk is an abhorrent thing, and those people are thought of as lowlife degenerates, weak people who have a psychological problem.

Just about any large organization is slow to react to societal changes, due to the size of it if nothing else.

Can't say I'd agree totally with it, but the NFL just needs to realize things have changed and "get with the program",

Hoofbite

Reaction score
LOL...........

Were they ever? Come on.................

:laugh:

Everyone, We can't explicitly tell you the exact date but the annual weed test will fall on the last day of the work week about 4 weeks from now.[wink]

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Everyone, We can't explicitly tell you the exact date but the annual weed test will fall on the last day of the work week about 4 weeks from now.[wink]

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

The NBA never really tested for weed. Come on now, I don't need the BS PR stuff. I've been watching that league since the 70s. They never tested for jack, to be honest.

But this version, I gotta say, you had me going until the wink!

:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
Really can't see the point of testing for pot. Don't know of any evidence it directly affects a player's performance, especially if it's not done extensively or only in the off season. Maybe makes the player too mellow, therefore he's not as competitive as he needs to be in games? I have no idea.

The biggest thing is that society is changing. When I was in my 20's and younger, a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing, at worst, and frowned upon at best.
Now my own relatives celebrate an 18 year old having a baby out of wedlock, like it was the greatest thing ever. Smoking pot was about as bad as robbing a bank, you were considered some kind of degenerate lowlife. Even drinking was frowned upon by a lot of folks, you were a weak person for having to do that to cope with life.

Of course some things change for the better - driving drunk was just something people did, as long as you didn't kill somebody on the road, well it was no big deal. A comedian made a good living out out of playing a drunk. Lots of movies portrayed a drunk person as "cute". Now driving drunk is an abhorrent thing, and those people are thought of as lowlife degenerates, weak people who have a psychological problem.

Just about any large organization is slow to react to societal changes, due to the size of it if nothing else.

Can't say I'd agree totally with it, but the NFL just needs to realize things have changed and "get with the program",
You don't think breathing in a carcinogen affects a player's performance? You need a different info source!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You don't think breathing in a carcinogen affects a player's performance? You need a different info source!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the short term, no, lungs are pretty resilient, like long term cigarette smokers' lungs recover a lot within a short time once they quit smoking.
And the few pot smokers I know don't puff 20-40 joints a day like a pack or two a day cigarette smoker. Don't know of any scientific evidence that a few joints a week causes significant lung capacity reduction, though I haven't done any study on that, just my casual observation. I could be wrong. Not a pot smoker myself.

Myself I don't want my players toking away at all during the season, but that's not for me to say if they should or not...

jsb357

Reaction score
2020 NFL CBA ...

Violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy no longer can result in a player suspension.