NBA Season (18-19)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not a Laker fan but NBA season is 1/8th complete. Why don't you calm down and let the season play out a little bit more.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They gotta hope someone is selling low
that's the weird thing. they don't need to add superstars.
they just need some players in their prime capable of playing both ends of the floor.
but they are so concerned about cap space that they ignored that kind of player for 1 year rentals.
giving 23 mins to Tyson? 27 to Rondo? 17 to Lance?
that does not jive with youth movement AT ALL.

current 10 man rotation
Tyson 36
LBJ 34
Rondo 32
McGee 30

Lonzo 21
Ingram 21
Kuz 23
Hart 23

two guys at bottom of that 10 man rotation are prime age....
KCP 25
Lance 28

Go after Josh Richardson or Bradley Beal.
Do something to make this all make sense.

When you went out and locked into all those years of LeBron at super max money you had to know you needed vet players around him.
At the same time, you aren't gonna develop 4 23 and unders at once with half the rotation being 30+.
It's totally illogical.
Too good to lose a bunch, too oddly built to win a bunch imho.
Reminds me of dysfunctional Mavs teams that tried to avoid a rebuild.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not a Laker fan but NBA season is 1/8th complete. Why don't you calm down and let the season play out a little bit more.
this was all foreseeable before game 1.
was always weird that they went this way.
like a dude winning the lotto but refusing to pay his debts then getting a massive settlement against him that costs twice as much.

John813

Reaction score
they just need some players in their prime capable of playing both ends of the floor.
but they are so concerned about cap space that they ignored that kind of player for 1 year rentals.

current 10 man rotation
Tyson 36
LBJ 34
Rondo 32
McGee 30

Lonzo 21
Ingram 21
Kuz 23
Hart 23

KCP 25
Lance 28

When you went out and locked into all those years of LeBron at super max money you had to know you needed vet players around him.
At the same time, you aren't gonna develop 4 23 and unders at once with half the rotation being 30+.
It's totally illogical.

Who on the Lakers would Miami (realistically) want for them to ship off J-Rich/who would the Lakers be willing to send for him? Riley doesn't care for draft picks.
Riley was hesitant on trading him for Butler.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

current 10 man rotation
Tyson 36
LBJ 34
Rondo 32
McGee 30

Lonzo 21
Ingram 21
Kuz 23
Hart 23

KCP 25
Lance 28

It's totally illogical.
Ive been hearing Beal is available. Beal would be a perfect compliment to Lebron and he is still very young in his own right. 25 I think.

I think Dame to LA could happen. That Portland team isnt built to win in the playoffs and they are going to be paying a ton in tax. I can see a package for Dame centered around Ball and other assets once some of there 1 year signing can be delt

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Who on the Lakers would Miami (realistically) want for them to ship off J-Rich/who would the Lakers be willing to send for him? Riley doesn't care for draft picks.
Riley was hesitant on trading him for Butler.
good question.
JRich to Minny with Waiters and 1st to immediately supermax Crazy Jimmy is a very diff type deal.

via South Florida Sun-Sentinel
So they finally relented on Josh Richardson, they were giving them Josh Richardson. Then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler, and then a protected first-round pick. The medicals were exchanged, which, really, generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally — I was told — called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone.” A NBA source familiar with the Heat’s dealings with the Timberwolves said Riley insists he did not offer such a reaction.

Now........
JRich by himself to LAL? What about Lonzo and a young big?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ill say this: Even at 1/8th of the season complete im not at all happy with how the Celtics.

No excuse so far tonight against the Suns

ghst187

Reaction score
Did OKC just find the formula?
Seven in a row with extremely balanced scoring, decent bench play and winning even without Russel. I’m sure this post will jinx them but they are muy caliente right now.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ayers-confront-draymond-green-decision-making

As a Dubs fan I have a love/hate relationship with Draymond. The guy is an asset in that he does alot of the dirty work every team needs performed. That said, I've always thought offensively he's always thought of himself better than he really is.

My brother-in-law laugh histarically at him sometimes as he's a wildcard with the ball in his hands. He's just as likely to fire a ball off a spectator's face as he is to drop a dime for a teammate. Draymond giveth and he taketh away.

I don't blame Durant and company at all for being upset with him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Did OKC just find the formula?
Seven in a row with extremely balanced scoring, decent bench play and winning even without Russel. I’m sure this post will jinx them but they are muy caliente right now.
Appreciate you jinxing them my man... my mavs badly needed the W.
They'll get Russ back and look good tho that's for sure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wall to the Lakers rumors?

Interesting one for sure right after I mentioned Beal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics really struggling to find a rhythm early in the season. Following up a great win VS Toronto with a not great loss against the Jazz has been the story of the early portion of the season.

Most players are playing sub 30 minutes a game. I think Kyrie may be the only one going over that game in and game out. Tatum hasnt been conceding touchs and is our #2 scorer right now. However he needs to be more efficient and not shoot as many deeo 2's. Hayward still has alot of rust to knock off. From the looks of it, he will be the go to man on the 2nd unit. Brown has been very inconsistent game in game out. Hayward could have had the biggest effect on him, because last year he was somewhat of a feast on famine player on offense

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Brandon Ingram needs to slow down a bit and let the game come to him. Sometimes he looks like he gets it and other times he looks out of control, like he's trying to play too fast. I'm thinking if Ingram doesn't put it together soon the Lakers will start considering their options. Shame but it is what it is.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers defense looked lost yesterday vs the Magic. More give away games like that and it's a strong possibility the Lakers won't make the playoffs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brandon Ingram needs to slow down a bit and let the game come to him. Sometimes he looks like he gets it and other times he looks out of control, like he's trying to play too fast. I'm thinking if Ingram doesn't put it together soon the Lakers will start considering their options. Shame but it is what it is.
The Lakers have pushing the tempo to an almost extreme level this year. Its gonna be interesting to see how that high paced full court ball fares over the course of the season. If Im moving a young prospect right now it's Lonzo in a package for either Dame, Kemba, Beal or Wall.

Wall may be the best option, because he seems to be valued the least by his team. You could probably get him for a package of Ball and salary filler. In terms pf ability, he is probably more versatile than Kemba or Dame. Wall can push a break neck pace in the full court and either run the sets or play off Lebron in the half court

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The Lakers have pushing the tempo to an almost extreme level this year. Its gonna be interesting to see how that high paced full court ball fares over the course of the season. If Im moving a young prospect right now it's Lonzo in a package for either Dame, Kemba, Beal or Wall.

Wall may be the best option, because he seems to be valued the least by his team. You could probably get him for a package of Ball and salary filler. In terms pf ability, he is probably more versatile than Kemba or Dame. Wall can push a break neck pace in the full court and either run the sets or play off Lebron in the half court
I know what your saying with the Lakers tempo. What i was saying or meant to say was Ingram when on offense and he gets the ball on the wing/post he needs to not react too fast and weigh his options before making a move or taking shot. It looks like he's more concerned with forcing himself into being a factor and by doing so the opposite result is actually happening. It almost looks like he's forgetting to breathe or something. If he just slows down a tiny bit his game will improve.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know what your saying with the Lakers tempo. What i was saying or meant to say was Ingram when on offense and he gets the ball on the wing/post he needs to not react too fast and weigh his options before making a move or taking shot. It looks like he's more concerned with forcing himself into being a factor and by doing so the opposite result is actually happening. It almost looks like he's forgetting to breathe or something. If he just slows down a tiny bit his game will improve.
That is what happens often when you ask young players to play winning ball. When you pressure them to tighten there game up that fast it can have a negative effect. You want a guy like Ingram to make gradual improvements to that point that by then end of his rookie deal, he is an efficient star player. Thats where guys like Hart and Kuzma are good fits for what the club wants to do. They both came into the NBA as seasoned players. Ingram and Ball are not and you are seeing the struggles

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That is what happens often when you ask young players to play winning ball. When you pressure them to tighten there game up that fast it can have a negative effect. You want a guy like Ingram to make gradual improvements to that point that by then end of his rookie deal, he is an efficient star player. Thats where guys like Hart and Kuzma are good fits for what the club wants to do. They both came into the NBA as seasoned players. Ingram and Ball are not and you are seeing the struggles
Well he can't sit on his mama's lap forever. The Lakers have been pampering Ingram since they drafted him. I don't think asking him to slow down and maintain control of his feet and the ball is asking for the impossible or even asking for too much. These are simple tasks and if he can't do them it's no ones fault but his own.