NBA Season 19-20 -- League Suspended -- See Coronavirus Zone forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmb1

Reaction score
Mavericks are 2-0....first time in 15 years.
Good road win for the Mavericks.
Wright played a good game, 18, 7.
This team needs one player to emerge to be a solid 3rd scorer.
I agree. The Mavs are one solid scorer away from being a legit playoff contender.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bulls pulled it out. Coby with another impressive game. Lavine played better in the second half. They really need to finish games with White and LaVine.

I think what has impressed me the most about White is how solid he’s been defensively and his shooting.

Doing much better than what I expected from a rookie.

Dunn, White, LaVine, Markkanen, Carter Jr should finish games. If Coby can continue to score and shoot, it provides the best combination of defense, shooting, and scoring ability. Dunn playing within himself for the most part so far.

Maybe Satoransky in lieu of Dunn depending on the matchups and how Dunn is doing.

Grizzlies look like they are going to have a helluva tandem in Morant and JJJ in a few years. Clark also looks very promising.

And Doncic.... just because.... short sided Bulls front office with Mirotic that lost out on that sweepstakes.

It’s going to be fun watching the Young and Doncic debate for years to come. Impressed with both players. Young is better than I expected him to be.

Shane612

Reaction score
I agree. The Mavs are one solid scorer away from being a legit playoff contender.
I think they can compete for the 7th or 8th spot this year. Maybe even the 6th, if someone from the current roster steps up to give them consistant 15-18 points. And rest do what they usually do.
If the Mavericks can get their hands on a solid guard or a 5, I think they can be top 3 or 4 team. Andre Drummond, Goran Dragic or Mike Conley, would be nice to have.
$26mill for Drummond...yikes!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And I just want to say...very impressed with RJ Barrett so far. It's only 2 games in, but I think he's going to be good.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Luka and Trae looking like they could be dark horses in the race for MVP.

This is going to be fascinating to watch their careers play out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs beating Denver in Denver was an early statement.
The team is deeper than people thought.

Pels and Kings have started surprisingly poorly.
Spurs 3-0 is impressive but all home games.

gmb1

Reaction score
Hey Warriors.....turn out the lights, the party's over. They say all good things must end :laugh::laugh:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Still high off that Hornets win late last night. PJ is balling!

Next up, we have a Warriors team without Steph or Klay. Hopefully, we can handle and start the season .500.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Doncic might be the most fun player to watch in the league.

And no, I’m not a Mavs fan.

gmb1

Reaction score
NBA won't allow the Fakers to lose :rolleyes:

Tied the game to OT. It's not rigged at all. LMAO

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sixers not only lead the league in rebounding, but they're 5-0 as well. WOW :flagwave:

Last night Portland was up as much as 15 points only to lose on their own wood, 128-129. Sixers didn't even have Embiid.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NBA won't allow the Fakers to lose :rolleyes:

Tied the game to OT. It's not rigged at all. LMAO
Was at the game and it was a really bad miss which the NBA later admitted on that final 3. Dwight straight up grabbed Seth Curry to get Danny Green open. That was a really poor officiating job all game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you are Mavs/OKC would you do this deal?

CP3 plus a 2nd for Courtney Lee and THJ.

OKC would free up 18M this off-season then another 20M in 2 off-seasons. Also free up playing time for younger guys.
Mavs would get a 3rd scorer and a veteran ball-handler that can handle Rick Carlisle. Shore up starting lineup. Set rotation around keeping 2 of the 3 guys on the floor in quarters 2 and 4.

CP3 not really on Mavs time-table but he would add experience, ball-handling and outside shooting.
As a Mavs fan I think I'd do it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are Mavs/OKC would you do this deal?

CP3 plus a 2nd for Courtney Lee and THJ.

OKC would free up 18M this off-season then another 20M in 2 off-seasons. Also free up playing time for younger guys.
Mavs would get a 3rd scorer and a veteran ball-handler that can handle Rick Carlisle. Shore up starting lineup. Set rotation around keeping 2 of the 3 guys on the floor in quarters 2 and 4.

CP3 not really on Mavs time-table but he would add experience, ball-handling and outside shooting.
As a Mavs fan I think I'd do it.
My question is do you want Paul around Donicic? Ive heard he can be a tough teammate to have

gmb1

Reaction score
Fakers win again but I hate the Spurs so it's all good. :p

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My question is do you want Paul around Donicic? Ive heard he can be a tough teammate to have
Suspect CP3 has been humbled and ...well Carlisle is tough to be around, lol.
Luka is not soft or weak-minded. He's been a pro in the world's second-best league since he was 15.
Luka being off the ball a bit is good for his game.
And Luka is basically a younger version of LeBron, you want shooters/defenders around him.

But I'd basically just be sold to get THJ out of the lineup lol..
I think Justin Jackson should be getting those minutes.

John813

Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised with the Heat and their start.
Jimmy looks good and their young guys are stepping up big time.
From Bam, Herro, Nunn and Winslow. Even seeing shooters like Robinson step up has been nice.

gmb1

Reaction score
Suns are a huge shocker. Look what great coaching can do for talented players. Looking at you Jason Garrett. :rolleyes:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Congrats to Sixers rookie, Matisse Thybulle, whose leading the league in steals at 2.8 per game. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.