Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Figured I'd retire the offseason thread lol

Nets are gonna one interesting team this year

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle is the Jason Garrett of the NBA. What is it about Dallas sports that just rolls over and accepts mediocrity year after year?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rick Carlisle is the Jason Garrett of the NBA. What is it about Dallas sports that just rolls over and accepts mediocrity year after year?
Dallas is a rising team right now. Dont read to much into the first couple weeks of the season. Especially this year

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics defense is off to a sluggish start. On the plus side Jaylon Brown looks like he has taken a serious star turn. Timelord has been very productive and Pritchard looks legit

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dallas is frustrating because they've beaten two contenders and lost games you'd hope they win.
And Rick is maddening to watch coach the first 203 weeks of every season because he basically throws out everything that work to prove it sucks.

All that said Dallas has a very heavy road schedule early and most of the team's media guy had only hoped for going .500 through the first 20 games.
There is a very heavy and easy home section after that.
What they really need is the return of KP so they can bench an obviously not fully healthy Dwight Powell.
Powell offers nothing but pick and roll and yet right now can;t expode in the PnR so offers legit nothing.

Dallas really needs a rebounder and that isn't a new issue. Was sadly missed upon in free agency.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good short-handed win VS Raptors. Pritchard is looking more and more like a steal each game. I think Boston has landed its long term Walker replacement

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Nice win for my Hornets tonight.

We've completely shut down Luka and now Trae Young this season so far. Hope we can carry that momentum into a Friday night primetime game against Zion and company.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice win for my Hornets tonight.

We've completely shut down Luka and now Trae Young this season so far. Hope we can carry that momentum into a Friday night primetime game against Zion and company.
Rozier is off to a great start. If Hayward can stay healthy, I can see a challenge for a playoff spot

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs changed up lineups and are looking a lot better.
Luka has been a beast these last two games after some rest.
Still need KP back to really see where this team is.

WCS starting at C has been fun but likely ends in a week when KP returns.
JRich for SDOT has been a perfect trade for both sides.
If Luka and Jokic ever end up on the same team good grief.
That will be a combo that would match LeBron/AD imho.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
LAMELO BALL. Youngest player ever with a triple double.

My Hornets could be relevant this year?!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
March 3rd Brooklyn @ Houston. Should be a high ratings game!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
@CalPolyTechnique I think Wiseman winds up the best rookie in this class. He has more willingness to step outside then scouts expected

He's definitely a bag of tools at this point. You see flashes of different parts of his game. The most encouraging aspect in my mind is his aggressiveness/willingness to shoot. A lot of big guys are absolutely terrified to shoot from distance. He does look very lost on the court sometimes but that will come with time, Kerr's coaching, and Draymond's influence on him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's definitely a bag of tools at this point. You see flashes of different parts of his game. The most encouraging aspect in my mind is his aggressiveness/willingness to shoot. A lot of big guys are absolutely terrified to shoot from distance. He does look very lost on the court sometimes but that will come with time, Kerr's coaching, and Draymond's influence on him.
As far players in this class, he seemed like the one legit marquee potential

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LAMELO BALL. Youngest player ever with a triple double.

My Hornets could be relevant this year?!
LaMelo went to the right spot.
He's basically the same player as his brother with a little better scoring acumen.
He really needed to go somewhere where they needed a face of the franchise and a creator.

This does make Charlotte interesting!

His defense has been far better than demonstrated ever before but he's gotta work on his shot. That 3 point shot might be in the bottom 10 for ugliness, lol.

I've been impressed with his strength. He has gained good weight and can handle NBA workloads.
To me that is a huge sign because he came into this thing being very professional.
That's something anyone that has followed those kids from a far would have questioned.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am hopeful the NBA players can get vaccines fairly quickly.
It was the right thing not to jump the line ahead of front line works and such but now is a good time to get going.
My Mavs are down 5-6 players and it's tough to survive more than a single game in that fashion.
Def effecting quality of play.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I am hopeful the NBA players can get vaccines fairly quickly.
It was the right thing not to jump the line ahead of front line works and such but now is a good time to get going.
My Mavs are down 5-6 players and it's tough to survive more than a single game in that fashion.
Def effecting quality of play.

Considering that NBA players are less likely to have the undermining health conditions that tend to make COVID-19 worse, I personally would like for them to receive it at the same time as the general population, not after, just the same as everyone else.