News: NBC: Jaylon Smith expects to be better than Notre Dame 100 percent

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I love this.

Last year, when everyone was posting all those "OMG HE'S SO FAST!!!" videos, I said he looked completely out of control.

Drills that "slower" guys like Hitch were doing smooth and under control, Jaylon looked sloppy at, and it wasn't because of his foot. It looked like he was trying to prove he hadn't lost a step or something. Unfortunately, he ended up playing out of control as well.

This drill looks focused on getting him to play under control, which is something he needs badly.
How does he look to you now? Better? Not good enough yet? I'm impressed with that video, but is that truly impressive when compared to other NFL athletes?

Western

Reaction score
Jerry's wildcatter approach in the 2nd round of the draft in 2016 & 2015 -- pays dividends this year.
Smith & Gregory will be unleashed this year.

bng-l-49ers-1023-302.jpg

usatsi_9781946.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
How does he look to you now? Better? Not good enough yet? I'm impressed with that video, but is that truly impressive when compared to other NFL athletes?

I have no idea if he's better, but the point of this drill is to force you to be under control and he seems to be doing it well, so hopefully he's improved in that department.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I have no idea if he's better, but the point of this drill is to force you to be under control and he seems to be doing it well, so hopefully he's improved in that department.
I appreciate the honest answer. Thanks!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
We passed on one of the deepest drafts, hell I'm gonna call it the deepest drafts in the last ten years for basically a first round pick with only 31 picks in the first round and picking at 34. He has not been good to this point, we were basically signing a player for a 2 year contract. The list of players available where we picked him was just crazy. He was supposed to be a generational player I can't even call him good to this point, yes he did improve and yes I will root for him, but this pick had REACH all about it.
DUH! He was a gamble that will pay off this year, since he's close to "100%". Any team who drafted him would have been reaching. I think his potential outweighs any pick we could have made that year, and of course the teams drafting behind us say they wouldnt have drafted him.

He exceeded all realistic expections last year, I'm not sure what you were expecting a year after major knee and nerve damage repair.

jay94

Reaction score
DUH! He was a gamble that will pay off this year, since he's close to "100%". Any team who drafted him would have been reaching. I think his potential outweighs any pick we could have made that year, and of course the teams drafting behind us say they wouldnt have drafted him.

He exceeded all realistic expections last year, I'm not sure what you were expecting a year after major knee and nerve damage repair.

We could of had stud dt's two number one receivers, and a handful of defensive backs. Michael Thomas is at pro bowl level his second year, I can't see Jaylon coming that far from last year, but anything is possible.