News: NBC: Jaylon Smith expects to be better than Notre Dame 100 percent

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The power of mind on body is now recognized in the medical community. With JSmith's positive mental thoughts
I cant see him failing.
There's a clip of Jimmy Johnson in his first training camp with the Boys saying "let the mind control the body, not the body control the mind" I always remembered that.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Jaylon is the one that should have abstained from comment. He is expected to be better this year than he was in college, so why state the obvious? Is he trying to convince himself?
He was answering questions asked... Is he supposed to act like Beast Mode?

CPanther95

Reaction score
The title reads like he's predicting the Cowboys to definitely be better than Notre Dame.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how anyone could not root for a person of Jaylon Smith's character to succeed. I have and always will.

But at the same time, I want to start seeing results rather than continuing to hear players, the team, or fans talk about them. I'm at the "show me" stage. The team invested the 34th overall pick in 2016 on him. About as close to a first rounder as you can get without being one. That's a significant investment, and it's now going on three years time.

Between the investments made in Smith, the 2nd rounder and big money contract made in Sean Lee, and now this year's 1st rounder made in Leighton Vander Esch, this team's linebacking corps not only needs to be good, they need to be great.

I'm not sure that there's a team in the league with more invested in that position group. For as much as the Cowboys have invested in their offensive line, at least some consider them to be the league's best. Nobody's ever said anything close about the linebackers. I hope that given the investments made, they start.

Little Jr

Reaction score
90% of who he was in college is what we can expect from him. You don't have drop foot and be 100% of who you were.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If Jaylon makes a leap this year and looks like the player from Notre Dame and if Sean Lee stays healthy, my goodness our LBs will be nasty.

That's a lot of if's and sorry I don't see Sean Lee staying healthy for 16 games. Not with that undersized DL that Marinara likes to trot out there. Apparently it's supposed to get pressure on the QB so far during his tenure that hasn't materialized. Plus this defense is known for falling apart the second Sean Lee leaves the field. Let's see if that trend holds true, I suspect that it will.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could not root for a person of Jaylon Smith's character to succeed. I have and always will.

But at the same time, I want to start seeing results rather than continuing to hear players, the team, or fans talk about them. I'm at the "show me" stage. The team invested the 34th overall pick in 2016 on him. About as close to a first rounder as you can get without being one. That's a significant investment, and it's now going on three years time.

Between the investments made in Smith, the 2nd rounder and big money contract made in Sean Lee, and now this year's 1st rounder made in Leighton Vander Esch, this team's linebacking corps not only needs to be good, they need to be great.

I'm not sure that there's a team in the league with more invested in that position group. For as much as the Cowboys have invested in their offensive line, at least some consider them to be the league's best. Nobody's ever said anything close about the linebackers. I hope that given the investments made, they start.

The Panthers have three former first round picks at LB - Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis and Shaq Thompson.

cern

Reaction score
"believe your eyes"....................................................the great bill parcells. training camp and preseason will tell us much.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They're always optimistic. That is good but I'm at the point where I want to see these things. The last era of players were optimistic too and they failed completely. Hopefully these new Cowboys will back up what they say.