News: NBC: Seahawks moving toward a deal with Jadeveon Clowney

garyv

Reaction score
Report: Seahawks moving toward a deal with Jadeveon Clowney
Joe Fann
NBC Sports NorthwestMarch 21, 2020, 12:30 PM CDT

We've been waiting all week to find out where Jadeveon Clowney would end up. His free agency process has taken a weird turn in that his market hasn't been what many people expected, including Clowney himself.

The inability to travel and go through physicals due to COVID-19 has surely played a part in that. Clowney is coming off of core muscle surgery, and teams would understandably want to get an in-person look at him before offering a top-dollar contract.

According to Dianna Russini, Clowney has been holding out for a deal worth $20 million annually. Those offers still aren't coming, which has led Clowney to consider one-year deals in order to recoup some of his value and hit the market once again in 2021, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. Now, Jake Heaps of 710 ESPN Seattle is reporting that not only are Clowney's current offers below his desired $20 million APY, they're well below that mark.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read a report earlier today that the Seahawks were offering a deal with an annual salary of $18.5 million. That's pretty close to $20 million. And much more than he's close to being worth. I'm glad we're nowhere near this guy and that price tag.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would hope Clowney was never an option for us. Another high priced $ contract is not what we need. It already appears most of our high priced contracts will not play to their worth. Not all but a lot of them. I think Clowney at a high dollar contract will eventually underperform as well.

coult44

Reaction score
Most folks are so brainwashed by Jerry and SJ its crazy. Our favorite team is owned and operated by guys who are proven losers. Yet, y’all go along with their bargain basement roster every year. Then you have the nerve to be pissed about it when they lose again the next season. It’s the reason The Cowboys are the most successful Pro-Sports franchise in world history. They don’t have to win, because you people are satisfied with the way they operate year in and year out. LHM

Loso86

Reaction score
Most folks are so brainwashed by Jerry and SJ its crazy. Our favorite team is owned and operated by guys who are proven losers. Yet, y’all go along with their bargain basement roster every year. Then you have the nerve to be pissed about it when they lose again the next season. It’s the reason The Cowboys are the most successful Pro-Sports franchise in world history. They don’t have to win, because you people are satisfied with the way they operate year in and year out. LHM
So you are or you aren't a Cowboys fan I'm confused ... you wanted them to spend 18mil on clowney or no?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Seahawks tying up A lot of cap for a player who doesn’t have any fire for the game and put up pedestrian numbers

miss me with those “hey bro his HURRIES stats on PFF were elite”

if that’s the case guys like Hyder should be higher priorities

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Truth.

Many Cowboy fans stopped rooting for football and started worshiping the Jones years ago.

coult44

Reaction score
So you are or you aren't a Cowboys fan I'm confused ... you wanted them to spend 18mil on clowney or no?

If you are really asking me if I’m a Cowboys fan you should hang out here a few more years and read only, and then be allowed to post again.

I Haven’t made up my mind on JC really. Why waste energy on something you know isn’t going to happen. We, I mean they, don’t approach FA like that. We, I mean they, will never win again until our, I mean their, FA approach changes. You can’t build a championship team through mediocre drafting and bargain basement FA spending. The past quarter century has proven than.

Loso86

Reaction score
If you are really asking me if I’m a Cowboys fan you should hang out here a few more years and read only, and then be allowed to post again.

I Haven’t made up my mind on JC really. Why waste energy on something you know isn’t going to happen. We, I mean they, don’t approach FA like that. We, I mean they, will never win again until our, I mean their, FA approach changes. You can’t build a championship team through mediocre drafting and bargain basement FA spending. The past quarter century has proven than.
Um no thanks you dont matter enough to me to waste that time tryna figure you out I just asked you a question answer it or domt cool. If tour that disgusted then dude move on theres 31 other teams to cheer for. And most of them spend top dollar for bug named players and still barely sniff the playoffs let alone superbowls

aria

Reaction score
Seahawks tying up A lot of cap for a player who doesn’t have any fire for the game and put up pedestrian numbers

If you didn’t say Seahawks I would have thought you were talking about Cooper in your first sentence.

kumizi

Reaction score

For a second there, I thought you were talking about Demarcus Lawrence or Jaylon Smith.