News: NBC: Seahawks moving toward a deal with Jadeveon Clowney

Kaiser

Reaction score
If, for example, we got Griffen, Woods would probably be fine at DT flanked by McCoy and Griffen.

We still have 20 Million in cap space. Its likely we could do Griffin, Woods, a DT like Poe and then a second tier WR3 like Dorsett.

And that is before restructures, where we could easily free up another 30 million if we wanted to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We still have 20 Million in cap space. Its likely we could do Griffin, Woods, a DT like Poe and then a second tier WR3 like Dorsett.

And that is before restructures, where we could easily free up another 30 million if we wanted to.
There is a limit to what the Cowboys will want to do though because this could all add up to problems in the future as other obligations come up, and those restructured contracts are still being paid on.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Seahawks aren't the team they use to be. Adding Clowney won't change that.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There is a limit to what the Cowboys will want to do though because this could all add up to problems in the future as other obligations come up, and those restructured contracts are still being paid on.

That's true, but they haven't done any so far except the super safe ones like Zeke and Collins. My point is that there is plenty of money to do what they want, even 20 million before they do restructures gets us a DT, DE and WR in my opinion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true, but they haven't done any so far except the super safe ones like Zeke and Collins. My point is that there is plenty of money to do what they want, even 20 million before they do restructures gets us a DT, DE and WR in my opinion.
I think it does if you sign some of them to 1 year contracts, but I doubt they are going to want to tie up too much on longer term deals. That could handcuff them in the future.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I read a report earlier today that the Seahawks were offering a deal with an annual salary of $18.5 million. That's pretty close to $20 million. And much more than he's close to being worth. I'm glad we're nowhere near this guy and that price tag.
There was a correction that it was only 13 million.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think it does if you sign some of them to 1 year contracts, but I doubt they are going to want to tie up too much on longer term deals. That could handcuff them in the future.

It can be both, McCoy's contract is structured well so its a 3 year deal that could potentially hit 20 Million, but only 9 Million is guaranteed. His cap hit this year is 7MM, which is a pretty good deal considering the player we are getting.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I guess 13 wouldn't be too bad for a dude that has never had double digit sacks and only had more than five sacks in a season twice in the last five years.