NCAA 2018 College Football

lukin2006

Reaction score
Who's your team? Are they going to contend for their conference championship? Are they going to be nationally ranked? Just a place to talk college football...

I'm a Wolverine fan. After 4 years, Jim Harbaugh finally has his QB ... Shea Patterson was given his transfer exemption. The AP predicts Michigan to be playoff team. Michigan has a brutal schedule, they play at ND, MSU and OSU and Penn St and Wisconsin at home. Michigan is returning nearly everyone from a dominant defence which should be better next year ... Football is back.

Michigan wins the Big 10.

I do not see a college football playoff happening unless their D is just overwhelmingly dominant ... which it might be. The defence was rebuilt last year, and was dominant ... so I think the D should be better.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Florida State fan. I don't expect much from them this year. I am interested in seeing how they perform under the new head coach.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lets just say my teams are in a drought
:muttley:

UNC Tarheels
ECU Pirates

I do have family members with ties to Clemson, Florida St, and Ohio St
But those aren't “my” teams

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Not a fan of college football, so no real favorite team, but a few teams I really dislike. I do plan to watch this year to be better informed about the players eligible for the draft next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least 4 really good games that I can think of this weekend

#9 Auburn vs # 6 Washington (in Atlanta)
#14 Michigan at #12 Notre Dame
#8 Miami vs #25 LSU (in Dallas)
#20 Va Tech at #19 Florida St

Some other somewhat intriguing and possibly decent games that some of us on this thread may watch

Texas vs Maryland (in Landover, Md)
North Carolina at Cal
Texas Tech at Ole Miss (in Houston)
W. Virginia vs Tennessee (in Charlotte)
Alabama vs Louisville (in Orlando)

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I notice that Jerry kind of started an early season fad with big college matchup playing in large bowl-like "neutral site" stadiums.
He's been doing it for many years at ATT Stadium, but now I see several other places following the model.

The guy is an innovator, if anything.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Texas Tech is the squad, being mediocre is the likely result:(

My early 4 for playoffs:
Clemson -OR - NDame
Georgia -OR- Auburn
Stanford -OR- Wash
Wisconsin -OR- PennSt

--Think drama hurts OSU and Bama enough to keep them back.
Big 12 no undefeated or top 5 team imho.

Taggy12

Reaction score
Nebraska Cornhuskers
GBR

I doesn't expected anything this season but some bowl game. Im excited for future. Frost era start tomorrow