Ndamukong Suh: 'Will play for Eagles for free in 2018'

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He denied saying it.

All that aside, he is not playing for free and the Eagles can't afford him.

Valorius

Reaction score
You never know when a veteran will take less money to win a ring. He is most likely gonna get cut before the season starts.

jrumann59

Reaction score
NFLPA probably gave him a call and said, "please never make comment like that, it messes with everybodies money." Remember the NFLPA and T. Smith's aganet did not liek the "team" friendly deal he signed a f4 or 5 years back.

Valorius

Reaction score
He's due to make $26.1m this year. If they cut him after June1, they save $17m on their cap this season.

The details are in the article i linked to in first post of this thread.

Stryker44

Reaction score
He's due to make $26.1m this year. If they cut him after June1, they save $17m on their cap this season.

The details are in the article i linked to in first post of this thread.

Restructure and prorate.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it. The guy has made plenty of money....... something like 125 million so far, but he's never won anything. He wants to go to a team where his efforts have a better chance of being rewarded. He will can't play for free but he can take less.........and he'll have to take a lot less to go to a competitive team.

remdak

Reaction score
NFLPA probably gave him a call and said, "please never make comment like that, it messes with everybodies money." Remember the NFLPA and T. Smith's aganet did not liek the "team" friendly deal he signed a f4 or 5 years back.
I never understood that. All teams spend the same money (within the bottom and top ranges of the salary cap). Why should the NFLPA care if Dallas is able to spend more on another player because of Smith's deal?

diefree666

Reaction score
I never understood that. All teams spend the same money (within the bottom and top ranges of the salary cap). Why should the NFLPA care if Dallas is able to spend more on another player because of Smith's deal?
the NFLPA is all about protecting the top 5%. Anything that MIGHT reduce the money is automatically evil.

Pape

Reaction score
It's not based on the overall cap numbers. Its based on the positional expenditures. Lower money deals for premium players does not increase the top five and ten averages, meaning less money for the premium players. When the bigs get paid gaudy numbers the nflpa and Dee Smith can say look what I got You! They can't do that if a player is taking less.

Sydla

Reaction score
If he'll play for free, then I'll take a flier on him and offer him $1000 bucks and free rides in Jerry's helicopter.

Xelda

Reaction score
Just send him where he won't have immediate or repeated access to Dak.