READ THIS Need some ideas for other sites like SPORGWIRE

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As many of you noticed, I launched SPORGWIRE earlier this week and posted a thread about it in the Fan Zone. I purposely designed the software engine behind SPORGWIRE to allow me to launch similar types of sites for other markets and topics.

While I already have some sites planned, I was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions for other markets/topics that 1) you are personally interested in and 2) would actually use a site like SPORGWIRE for those areas.

Thoughts?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Food and Beverage

Hidden Gem Destinations in North America

Movies, TV and Home Entertainment

Video Gaming

Our Animal Family

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Photography? Lot’s of enthusiasts and pro’s out there.
Can you elaborate on what type of content you would want for this? It would seem most would fall under technology news, reviews, etc. If you are thinking something else, let me know but there would need to be a good bit of resources/sites to index for it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Food and Beverage
Can you tell me a little more about the type of content you would want in this area?

Hidden Gem Destinations in North America
Are you thinking travel/destination reviews or something else?

Movies, TV and Home Entertainment
This is one I am seriously thinking about because I could break it down in a variety of feeds.

Video Gaming
I already created a gaming version of SPORGWIRE but I am still adding feeds (games) to it. I plan to announce it very soon.

Check out ZERGWIRE and let me know what you think :D

Our Animal Family
There are probably a lot of good sources for this, but I am not sure many people would want a newswire for this content even with so many people being pet owners/lovers. I would love to be wrong about this.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what type of content you would want for this? It would seem most would fall under technology news, reviews, etc. If you are thinking something else, let me know but there would need to be a good bit of resources/sites to index for it.
Yes, tech, reviews, news, tips, etc.. There are ton’s of sites out there.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, tech, reviews, news, tips, etc.. There are ton’s of sites out there.
I have been thinking about a tech site. I know there are a lot of tech sites out there, including some aggegrators, but none are as good as what I could do with this engine.

I will definitely think more on this idea :D

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
1. An open type forum of "current events" of the "hot topic" of the day that's currently trending.....I'm not sure if it would be possible without being heavily moderated, so having said that, while I think it would be an interesting forum, it may not be exactly what you're looking for.

2. I also find things that are "yesteryear" whether it be discussing things when life was a simpler time of cars, prices of things, drive-in theaters, just things that we may have forgotten in this fast paced lifestyle of today.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you tell me a little more about the type of content you would want in this area?

This is one I am seriously thinking about because I could break it down in a variety of feeds.

I already created a gaming version of SPORGWIRE but I am still adding feeds (games) to it. I plan to announce it very soon.

Check out ZERGWIRE and let me know what you think :D

There are probably a lot of good sources for this, but I am not sure many people would want a newswire for this content even with so many people being pet owners/lovers. I would love to be wrong about this.
Food and Beverage, trends and recipes and cutting edge implements that are moving into the home. All types of grilling and smoking from beginners, intermediates and advanced.

For instance, the sous vide was once a limited cooking device because they cost about 1500 but now they've become one of the newest additions to home cooking and actually making better cooks out of beginners. The interest in food and how to prepare it has never been higher. Because what was thought only to be art is becoming science and we can all do it.

The Travel Part is more about places that might be off the beaten path or little is known about them. I've seen posters here talk about places around them and that creates interest in them. North America is still an undiscovered territory, no need to go abroad.

Don't know about the pet owner part but I just learned in the last two years that sago palms are fatal to dogs. Some still do not know. And I do seek out information because I do not have anyone feeding it to me so there are things I miss.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dogs
Cats
Other pets.

Right now the dodo is huge on Twitter...i also follow them on Facebook and YouTube. Also follow pittie Nation about pit bulls.

You could do one about dogs and have a section for each breed. You could call it dog wire or I think dog catcher Com.

Same with cats.

Many people are passionate Bout their pets

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dogs
Cats
Other pets.

Right now the dodo is huge on Twitter...i also follow them on Facebook and YouTube. Also follow pittie Nation about pit bulls.

You could do one about dogs and have a section for each breed. You could call it dog wire or I think dog catcher Com.

Same with cats.

Many people are passionate Bout their pets
May be worth considering :D

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
MUSIC site could be interesting.

Categories for different genres...Rock, Country, R&B, or whatever. Click the bands/artists you want to follow.

For example, I'd like to see recent articles listed for bands that still are currently active (my favs)....Smashing Pumpkins, The Cult, Janes Addiction, PopTone (Daniel Ash from Bauhaus, Love N Rockets, Tones on Tail), The Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Investments. Stock market, separated into categories...tech, manufacturer, commodities etc. Futures, quarterly reports....etc, etc, etc......

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I think this is a good one. I'm currently researching options for a Caribbean trip next year. Something like this would be helpful.