Negotiating Leverage

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Cowboys now have it as of today.

They tried to sign Watkins. That was the initial sign of their strategy with regard to Dez.

Now they sign two WRs in less than a week with Hurns being a formidable productive fill in for a variety of strategic directions. Now they can still look at a #1 WR in the draft.... OR force Dez to take the pay cut that is coming. That conversation is going to happen sooner rather than later. Does it happen before the draft or after? My guess is before...

Regardless, the Cowboys now have all the leverage to go to Dez and have that conversation in a fair and equitable fashion for both sides. No antics. No crap. Just reality. Take the pay cut or have a nice life.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If I am Dez i am laughing in their faces..
Go ahead and cut me. I'll just get a raise... Did you see what these lesser WR's just got paid.

Come on man.....Stop it already...
I'm popping plenty of popcorn right now. Plenty for everyone.

risco

Reaction score
Go ahead and cut me. I'll just get a raise... Did you see what these lesser WR's just got paid.

Me too- cut me!

Jenky

Reaction score
The Cowboys now have it as of today.

They tried to sign Watkins. That was the initial sign of their strategy with regard to Dez.

Now they sign two WRs in less than a week with Hurns being a formidable productive fill in for a variety of strategic directions. Now they can still look at a #1 WR in the draft.... OR force Dez to take the pay cut that is coming. That conversation is going to happen sooner rather than later. Does it happen before the draft or after? My guess is before...

Regardless, the Cowboys now have all the leverage to go to Dez and have that conversation in a fair and equitable fashion for both sides. No antics. No crap. Just reality. Take the pay cut or have a nice life.

First pick won't be a receiver.

John813

Reaction score
Maybe, but it would be ideal to rock a Dez and Hurns duo.

Hurns can stretch the field, so maybe we can stop sending Dez on go routes and instead use him like Landry in Miami. Short to medium passes designed for YAC

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Maybe, but it would be ideal to rock a Dez and Hurns duo.

Hurns can stretch the field, so maybe we can stop sending Dez on go routes and instead use him like Landry in Miami. Short to medium passes designed for YAC
A Dez/Hurns combo definitely has some possibilities. But only if Dez entertains a good discussion when they start talking about a more realistic per year salary avg. It's coming.

cern

Reaction score
Just designate dez a June 1 cut and be done with. Nice that we're addressing wr problems. But hc and oc need to step it up as well.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Someone has to go. No room in the inn. And I have to imagine we will not be taking Ridley at 19

mugsybows

Reaction score
A Dez/Hurns combo definitely has some possibilities. But only if Dez entertains a good discussion when they start talking about a more realistic per year salary avg. It's coming.
take what you will of this but fisher saying Hurns deal is so affordable they are rolling with both. doesnt seem like a discussion is necessary.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
StMxTd3.jpg

mugsybows

Reaction score
Ridley apparently didnt have a good combine and has been sliding in most mocks. if hes there roll all three. Championship.
Fisher doesn't run the Dallas Cowboys organization.
lol i know, he said he was getting his entail from people working the deal. like i said do what you will with that.

dwreck27

Reaction score

Exactly a lesser receiver like dez who has been injury prone and shown they he is not a match with our possible QB of the future

I’m sorry I would love a Ferrari weekend car but I can’t afford it and barley have weekends to relax and enjoy it. I’m sure dak would love to have dez but I don’t think he fits into his strengths