New Addition to the Family

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
yoderys1320.jpg

Yoder YS-1500. I couldn't afford to buy new, so I flew down to Austin to buy it, and drove it up on a Uhaul. I didn't think to measure the wheel base, but it BARELY fit on the ramp. There was maybe 1-2mm of space. 670 lbs of American steel. I still can't walk right, because I blew out my lower back getting it up and down.

Unfortunately, it is sitting in my garage, because I had to go out of town for work. Can't wait to fire it up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yoderys1320.jpg

Yoder YS-1500. I couldn't afford to buy new, so I flew down to Austin to buy it, and drove it up on a Uhaul. I didn't think to measure the wheel base, but it BARELY fit on the ramp. There was maybe 1-2mm of space. 670 lbs of American steel. I still can't walk right, because I blew out my lower back getting it up and down.

Unfortunately, it is sitting in my garage, because I had to go out of town for work. Can't wait to fire it up.
What's this "addition to the family"? Is there a bun in that oven?

nobody

Reaction score
yoderys1320.jpg

Congratulations! It's a beauty! Definitely on par with having a son.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Nice, but that is huge. Are you married to a Brazilian? hah (ie, huge BBQ parties all the damn time!)

I'm looking at a Kamado grill. Always wanted a BGE, but the Kamado Joe's are looking like a much better deal these days. They come with all the requirements without paying extras. The balanced spring lifts are a nice touch too.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I guess if you are going to a pellite smoker, this isn't a bad choice :thumbup:

Yeah, it's a pellet pooper. Don't have time to babysit a stickburner anymore.

Nice, but that is huge. Are you married to a Brazilian? hah (ie, huge BBQ parties all the damn time!)

I'm looking at a Kamado grill. Always wanted a BGE, but the Kamado Joe's are looking like a much better deal these days. They come with all the requirements without paying extras. The balanced spring lifts are a nice touch too.

Yeah, the Big Joe II is nice.

Xelda

Reaction score
yoderys1320.jpg

My first thought was "UGH! Baby pictures." This was a pleasant surprise. Sweet looking piece of machinery. Feel free to post pictures and tell us how great everything tastes.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
yoderys1320.jpg

What’s the tow rating on that rig?

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I wish I had a picture of the one my deceased father-in-law built. This thing, if bought in a store, would run I bet around $8,000. It was better than anything manufacturing could build.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Traeger is built like an empty coke can. Chinese, thin metal. This is built with 10g steel.

My first Traeger was very thin metal but worked OK. I just recently bought the new Traeger Silverton model and it is pretty nice. Double walled, gets much hotter and works fantastic.

Obviously it's not as nice as the Yoder. Very nice rig. Congrats...