New Cowboys Website Intro

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
As a web designer, I HATE landing pages. At least it wasn't a Flash landing page like we're still in the 90's or something.

If I go to a website, treat me like a grown up and give me the main page, don't try to feed me with a plastic spoon like a baby.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2322050 said:
As a web designer, I HATE landing pages. At least it wasn't a Flash landing page like we're still in the 90's or something.

If I go to a website, treat me like a grown up and give me the main page, don't try to feed me with a plastic spoon like a baby.

It looks like its been modeled after the Patriots website opening.

dest

Reaction score
I like how the tip of the cardinal head on the Cardinals helmet in bottom right is throwing it's own shadow separate of the helmet. That's some lazy photoshop work.

-edit, maybe not, now it looks like it's supposed to be part of the motion blur.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDinAZ;2322058 said:
Screen Shot?

My work server owns me!!

It's a crappy screenshot, but at least you get the idea.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v735/BoyzMama/Boyz_screenshot.gif

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
TheCount;2322050 said:

Ditto. I hate having to search for the content.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
At least you don't have to search for the multimedia. Today at Jerry's PC it was nice to just hit the favorites and there was the video.

What do you pros think of the Cowboys website overall? I have to say I don't really like it too much. The interviews and so forth in the media section seem kind of non-intuitive... Like how sometimes even video clips only play audio unless you click in the right place.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah, the video clips don't open automatically if you click them in the bottom section. After you click them, you then have to manually click this blue "Play" circle in the middle. Kind of annoying at times, so much uneccesary clicking.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2322041 said:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/

I like it, but I wish the rest of the site shared the color scheme.

I agree. I got excited when i first saw it, then realized it was basically an introduction page. Not that there is something wrong with the Home page. Remember, it's new this season also.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I dont mind the intro page, what drives me nuts with that site is all the stupid new windows it opens when you click around the site. You click the home page and get a new window, click media and get a new window, click view more videos and get a new window. The UI is awful and annoying.