• Coordinator - John Fassel
  • Assistant Special Teams - Matt Daniels
  • Coaching Assistant - Scott Tolzien
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING - 1 Coach
  • S & C - Markus Paul

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Name the staffers you would've preferred?

Coaches are rarely the fix, but I definitely wouldn't have chosen a defensive coordinator who has a history of mediocre defenses in his career. He's never had a dominant defense.

McCarthy is just....whatever. Nobody was beating his door down. He's fine, but he's not a franchise changer. I think we're going to find out he's Jason Garrett 2.0.

We now have 20 new coaches, and yet Kellen Moore is still the playcaller. Which is fine, but is it different?

Positional coaches are a dime a dozen, and they all preach the same thing. The key coaches are the head coach and coordinators.

Thats McCarthy, Moore, and Nolan.

Meh.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I have always thought the blame for the team underperforming was on the players.

Now with a new coaching staff, that excuse has been removed. It will be on the players more than ever.

No more excuses, put up, or ship out.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Coaches are rarely the fix, but I definitely wouldn't have chosen a defensive coordinator who has a history of mediocre defenses in his career. He's never had a dominant defense.

McCarthy is just....whatever. Nobody was beating his door down. He's fine, but he's not a franchise changer. I think we're going to find out he's Jason Garrett 2.0.

We now have 20 new coaches, and yet Kellen Moore is still the playcaller. Which is fine, but is it different?

Positional coaches are a dime a dozen, and they all preach the same thing. The key coaches are the head coach and coordinators.

Meh.

who has a dominate DC that you would get?

erod

Reaction score
who has a dominate DC that you would get?
I certainly wouldn't have chosen an old retread who couldn't do any better than linebackers coach at this point in is career. Nobody wants Mike Nolan to run their defense.

Go get a young up-and-comer. Geez, go get Wade Phillips. Somebody young who's been around a dominant defense, or somebody older who has coordinated one.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Meh.
I think Garrett would still be HC if he achieved similar results to McCarthy