New From "THE RANCH"

Dooooomsday

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new here from the Ranch. Thought I would come over here and see how everyone's spirits are. Personally, I am excited about the Roy 11 trade. It will only help us get the ball to T.O. more. Will also allow us to run the ball more effectively without the 8 men in the box. A little upset about the Pac suspension, But I think that is why we got those cornerbacks in the draft. I wish we would not have gotten rid of Ogelsby. Thought that kid could really play.

But the main thing as Cowboy Fans I think that this team is about to come together finally. They have to. With all the hate that is being thrown in their direction they can only start to play as a unit now. Hopefully, I will see a little more intensity.

Anyways, glad to be aboard here. I will be attending the game this weekend. Should be a very interesting game.

Woods

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone!

If we can make it through this month intact, we should be o.k.

That's a big "IF" though.

Dooooomsday

Reaction score
Thanks... And I agree... I read a story this morning on CowboysPlus that Tony was going to try and practice to see how he could fare. I don't know how accurate that is but very interesting to say the least. Even if he doesn't play I feel that Brad can get us through the Rams and Bucs. He is known for being able to manage the game and we got alot of talent around him to help him do that more effectively than he did in Tampa even. The key is for our defense to come alive. We have to get to the qb no matter what. It should be a wild ride until we are healthy.

zeromaster

Reaction score
:welcome:

Make sure your fireproof suit and its accessories are in good working order. You'll need it at some point :D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
hope you enjoy your stay, and welcome aborad.

I am still hopeful that adam jones can turn his life around, but he has to want to, i dont think jones has hit rock bottom, but now i think he will. Thats what is needed with him. All people that have alcohol issues, have that to face and come to grips with that they cant ever touch it again.

Its kinda like nate newton said the other day, and he should know because nate had issues with drugs as you know. Nate said, just looking at adam and how he responds etc, that he has an emptyness inside, and he needs to fill that either by a lovely young woman, or religion by finding God, or some hobbie he can bide his time with, and not have to go out clubbing and drinking.

I am not bashing Adam, I am saying what I hear and see maybe what he needs to help him turn his life around.

To me, everyone needs chances in life, till they get it. Hopefully now adam gets it.

As far as roy williams, I think he will help the cowboys. I am hoping, just like when the Cowboys got jay novachek, charles haley, tank johnson (jury still out on him) leonard davis that those players turned their career around with a new atmosphere and team aspect of winning. This will enable the cowboys to spread out the defense so barber, felix jones, choice can run, and enable either T O or Witten not to get double coverage. At same time, when crayton or austin are in the slot, that will open up those areas too.

THE BIGGEST ISSUE WITH THE COWBOYS TO ME, IS THE OFFENSIVE LINE, THEY HAVE TO PLAY NOW, NO MORE EXCUSES, THEY CANT PLAY LIKE THEY DID IN THE COWBOYS GIANTS PLAYOFF GAME, OR THE Commander GAME THIS YEAR, OR THE CARDINAL GAME.

They have to bring their A game, and yes, when kosier comes back that should help and i think Holland will help too. The key, when someone is hurt like Flozell, McQuistan or Doug Free has to come in and play, an offensive linemen that has a hurt shoulder, shouldnt play and get your star QB hurt and Flozell knows that.

Thats the biggest key to me, the offensive line has to play, from here on out.

Dooooomsday

Reaction score
I agree with that. The Line has to protect and be the monsters they are. I mean they are huge and they need to start acting how they look. Like they can just maul you in the run and pass.

As far as Pac. He does need to hit rock bottom. I myself have been alcohol free for 5 years now. I hit rock bottom because of my drinking and actually had to move to another state meet some new people get involved with church and have a daughter to help me through the daily life. And he needs something good to happen to him other than being allowed to play football. Yes, I know it is his dream to play in the NFL, but it is also his job. He needs his personal life in order before he can be the player he needs to be. His lifestyle has not changed with him going out alot and hanging with the same people. I mean seriously, if he did not go out all the time and really felt he had a problem then they Cowboys would not have needed a security team to monitor him each and every minute.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Welcome. This place is filled with Ranch refugees, starting with me.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Welcome to the best message board on the internet and I don't say that lightly. I post on quite a few of them. :)

I used lurk over at the Ranch back in the day. Once I came here though, I never looked back.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
The Ranch has some really great posters, too bad it's not as active as it used to be.

So, I'm stuck here for the time being...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
This is my favorite board, but I like the Ranch because they have a somewhat looser code of conduct, they'll put up with more of my crap... I like not having to censor myself so much... :D

Never have gotten an infraction over there, though I did get fired as a moderator by Roy Philpott... oh, he didn't have the common decency to TELL me I was fired, I found out when I logged on, and no longer had the mod's bells and whistles...

Happily, even though Roy's a card-carrying jerk, the rest of the board features a lot of good guys... but this board seems to have more posters who are better informed...

So I have more fun at the Ranch, but get more good info here...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2349872 said:
This is my favorite board, but I like the Ranch because they have a somewhat looser code of conduct, they'll put up with more of my crap... I like not having to censor myself so much... :D

Never have gotten an infraction over there, though I did get fired as a moderator by Roy Philpott... oh, he didn't have the common decency to TELL me I was fired, I found out when I logged on, and no longer had the mod's bells and whistles...

Happily, even though Roy's a card-carrying jerk, the rest of the board features a lot of good guys... but this board seems to have more posters who are better informed...

So I have more fun at the Ranch, but get more good info here...
:laugh2:

goshan

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Ranch is close to this board does not appreciated more educated and informed discussion.

It isn't even close.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Well, Goshan, if you were at the Ranch you'd get called a moron for saying that.

I hardly ever post here (look at my join date and post count). By the time I get to a thread, someone has already said what I think.

In other words, there's great info here at the Zone and it saves me time because it does my arguing for me!!