New Jets uniforms

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Their uniforms were classic...they did not need to change anything. The Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, Skins, Bears, Packers, Rams, Jets, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, and Chiefs never should change up their primary uniforms.
I recall seeing those yellow Commanders helmets
( I think it had feathered spear,or something)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:huh:Still trying to figure out the Jets priority. If they paid as much attention about the product they put on the field as they do about what that product is wearing, they might have a decent team.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
:huh:Still trying to figure out the Jets priority. If they paid as much attention about the product they put on the field as they do about what that product is wearing, they might have a decent team.
They did field that green streakin' speed demon CURTIS MARTIN on punt/ kick return that was the envy of 31 other teams in the league ,,,er,,,at one time,don't discount that ,Joe:starspin:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So they went back to the ugly 80s uniforms of Freeman McNeil?

LOL

They looked great in the Namath jerseys. Perhaps they should try winning instead.
Sounds like you are saying it's an either look great or win proposition when in reality the Namath jerseys that you say they looked great in, they also won a super bowl in. So these things aren't mutually exclusive endeavors after all.

Flamma

Reaction score
I like fresh looks. I especially like the black set. If they turn out to not work out it's an easy fix. I like tradition like the next guy, but I'm not a huge fan of our blues and silvers not matching. It's annoying and borderline lame. I'd be in favor of trying something new but not at the cost of the whining that would follow.

Just curious, I'm guessing you're not a fan of the pants on the white uniforms?

Flamma

Reaction score
No, because the SILVER on the pants doesn't match the SILVER on the helmet. Same with the blues.

You may already know this, but those pants on the white uniforms were created for TV at that time. It gave the appearance of a shiny silver through the television. It no longer serves that purpose, obviously. Making it a unique uniform to say the least. It would be kind of tough to change it now, but I wouldn't make too much of a fuss if they did.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You may already know this, but those pants on the white uniforms were created for TV at that time. It gave the appearance of a shiny silver through the television. It no longer serves that purpose, obviously. Making it a unique uniform to say the least. It would be kind of tough to change it now, but I wouldn't make too much of a fuss if they did.
It wouldn't be tough to correct. At all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I actually don't think it would be that difficult. I think the green pants make no sense at all. I think our classic helmet was really cool. I also like our colour rush unis, but think there could be a bit of a change to it too. For the white unis, I'd actually almost use our current colour rush unis for that. For the blue unis, I'd actually make it pretty much all blue. Blue jersey and blue pants. Or, just blue jersey and white pants like the 80s (before my time of course). I really like that we've been doing that more with the blue jerseys and white unis. I'd also like for us to have the option again to wear the 60s unis.

I also like the look of this as a blue option to our colour rush. I found this when I was looking on google. If the mods want me to take it down, I will, but I just thought I'd share this:
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/590/289/4289590.png (Link to credit where I found it)

4289590.png

I'm aware that the image is a bit large, but bloody hell, that'd look good! I'd almost want this as our blue unis full time.

Big_D

Reaction score
Wear these pants all the time and change the color of the blue on the white jerseys to match this blue... done! Then wear the blues at home so you'd have an 8-8 split instead of the usual 14-2 white to blue ratio.

That would be awesome!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wear these pants all the time and change the color of the blue on the white jerseys to match this blue... done! Then wear the blues at home so you'd have an 8-8 split instead of the usual 14-2 white to blue ratio.

That would be awesome!

Not only that, but, on the white jerseys, I'd have that blue on a stripe going down the sides all the way down to the pants. That'd really be sharp.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not only that, but, on the white jerseys, I'd have that blue on a stripe going down the sides all the way down to the pants. That'd really be sharp.

As long as they match. Just do away with the green pants and the different color blues. I'm sure the color combo made up for the crappier TVs back in the day but we live in a HD world now and the white uniforms just look off.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As long as they match. Just do away with the green pants and the different color blues. I'm sure the color combo made up for the crappier TVs back in the day but we live in a HD world now and the white uniforms just look off.

Exactly, and I think it's time to do a bit of renovating with the unis. It doesn't cost any cap space to do that, and green just doesn't quite sit right with me. Green doesn't really scream Cowboys, does it? I almost think blue would be a better fit there. White unis and blue pants, and blue unis and white pants. Seems a bit better to me. Though, I really like our colour rush unis. That'd be a good alternate to our white unis.

Flamma

Reaction score

That would do it, sure. But then they wouldn't look like the Dallas Cowboys anymore when wearing white.

I actually don't think it would be that difficult. I think the green pants make no sense at all. I think our classic helmet was really cool. I also like our colour rush unis, but think there could be a bit of a change to it too. For the white unis, I'd actually almost use our current colour rush unis for that. For the blue unis, I'd actually make it pretty much all blue. Blue jersey and blue pants. Or, just blue jersey and white pants like the 80s (before my time of course). I really like that we've been doing that more with the blue jerseys and white unis. I'd also like for us to have the option again to wear the 60s unis.

The main complaint is with the white unis. That the blues don't match and the pants don't match the silver. I'm also assuming a lot of people don't like the fact the blues on both the white and dark uniforms don't match.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That would do it, sure. But then they wouldn't look like the Dallas Cowboys anymore when wearing white.

The main complaint is with the white unis. That the blues don't match and the pants don't match the silver. I'm also assuming a lot of people don't like the fact the blues on both the white and dark uniforms don't match.

I do think that the blues should match, but my complaint is more with the trousers on the white unis.

Flamma

Reaction score
I do think that the blues should match, but my complaint is more with the trousers on the white unis.

Like I said, the pants are that color because they appeared to look like a shiny silver through old TV sets. Now they just look green. Definitely an odd look but I guess they are afraid to change them now because they have been there for so long. Think of it like the Browns getting a logo on their helmet. I'm also not sure how the unis would look in dark blue instead of light blue.