New Louis CK special is out

joseephuss

Reaction score
It was funny. Typical Louis approach and humor. He also touched on his issues in a humorous ways.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Much like his other specials, he releases it on his personal website for purchase download before it hits anywhere else. I'm a big fan of his stuff so I'm gonna put in the $8 and watch it now. Reviews have been good so far. We'll see.
Probably because nobody else will touch it (distribution wise) after his whole #MeToo beatdown. :laugh:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Much like his other specials, he releases it on his personal website for purchase download before it hits anywhere else. I'm a big fan of his stuff so I'm gonna put in the $8 and watch it now. Reviews have been good so far. We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to make sure to see it. Normally I would never pay 8 bucks for a download, but thanks to the bashing he's gotten from the ultra-PC crowd, I'm going to do it.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Carlin was much more political and philosophical than those two. He’s also much more aggressive than those guys. I don’t really know who you can compare to Carlin. I guess Bill Hicks is similarly deep but he’s not nearly as aggressive.
I was saying if you combine both of them you will come closer to Carlin with a softer tone... Carlin is irreplaceable

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CK is funny but he’s a total perv :laugh:

I guess they all are nowadays....:grin:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Carlin was much more political and philosophical than those two. He’s also much more aggressive than those guys. I don’t really know who you can compare to Carlin. I guess Bill Hicks is similarly deep but he’s not nearly as aggressive.
You're right, I'm having a hard time coming up with a modern comedian similar to Carlin. Bill Burr rants but in a from the bottom perspective, "I'm dumb, but this is what I think" comp to Carlin who would tell you you're an idiot.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
CK is funny but he’s a total perv :laugh:

I guess they all are nowadays....:grin:

If giving the chance most people will fall to the perv temptations.It takes a person with high moral discipline to be straight .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Great comedians have to be intellectual, otherwise; you end up just being a slapstick comedian. George Carlin reigns supreme in the intellectual category. Not only where some of his jokes so dry the general audience wouldn't have gotten the joke if he had just thrown it out there, but he would actually spell it out to them (lead them logically) so they would comprehend it and why it's funny. Not only that, he could do it in a way where the audience didn't feel like they were being talk down too. He was your friend and would develop your trust.

There is a lot to be learned from George Carlin in how he would influence people to see and understand dry (logical) comedy. It is that skill and intellectual capacity as to why you cannot find a logical comparison to him. He was / is just flat out more intelligent than most and blending that with his natural capacity to find the funny in how illogical things in this world really are.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great comedians have to be intellectual, otherwise; you end up just being a slapstick comedian. George Carlin reigns supreme in the intellectual category. Not only where some of his jokes so dry the general audience wouldn't have gotten the joke if he had just thrown it out there, but he would actually spell it out to them (lead them logically) so they would comprehend it and why it's funny. Not only that, he could do it in a way where the audience didn't feel like they were being talk down too. He was your friend and would develop your trust.

There is a lot to be learned from George Carlin in how he would influence people to see and understand dry (logical) comedy. It is that skill and intellectual capacity as to why you cannot find a logical comparison to him. He was / is just flat out more intelligent than most and blending that with his natural capacity to find the funny in how illogical things in this world really are.
I actually prefer Dennis Miller, when talking about cerebral humorists. I openly admit that some of his references are too so obscure, I sometimes don't fully understand them, but I doubt anyone gets every one of them.

Carlin has good jokes, but I'm not crazy about the emoting, the faces, or the voices. If he were to do that less frequently I'd appreciate him more. It's the same way I feel about Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler: Small doses.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I actually prefer Dennis Miller, when talking about cerebral humorists. I openly admit that some of his references are too so obscure, I sometimes don't fully understand them, but I doubt anyone gets every one of them.

Carlin has good jokes, but I'm not crazy about the emoting, the faces, or the voices. If he were to do that less frequently I'd appreciate him more. It's the same way I feel about Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler: Small doses.
Yeah, I needed a thesaurus to fully get Dennis Miller. Some of his early stuff was really good though.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check it out. I love his humor and don't really care about what he was accused of.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I watched the special. Here's my take: It was classic Louie. It was similar content and delivery as he's been doing for the past 10-15 years. It was good overall. I wouldn't say any jokes were some of his best jokes ever, but the entire hour was enjoyable. Now, if you're expecting him to dive into his allegations or attack his critics, you'll probably be disappointed. He addresses his allegations for about two minutes and it's pretty much "haha whoops." And he doesn't really attack modern PC culture like Chappelle did in his latest special. Like I said before, he was classic Louie. People will probably still be offended just because people get offended by anything these days and also because people don't think he should ever be allowed back into standup. But if you're looking for super controversial content, you can find much more in his earlier specials. But I still enjoyed it and I'm a big fan of Louie.