New member from North Dakota! Coming for week 2. have questions!

jawdad

Reaction score
For my step-sons 10th birthday (who I have raised right...to be a super fan of the Cowboys)...I'm bringing him on a trip to the Sunday Night game. Main question is about parking. Is it best/easiest to pre purchase parking at one of the lots around the stadium from parkwhiz or other sites? Or is it best/easiest to go to one of the restaurants offering the shuttles? Or is there another option?? I know nothing about the area around the stadium...and while we are willing to walk from the surrounding lots to the stadium...is there anything to be concerned with since I'll have a 10 year old with me.

Also, what is best to do at the stadium before the game?? What is happening around the stadium that we should check out and experience??

Thanks in advance for the advice!! We are very excited to experience it all in person...finally!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For my step-sons 10th birthday (who I have raised right...to be a super fan of the Cowboys)...I'm bringing him on a trip to the Sunday Night game. Main question is about parking. Is it best/easiest to pre purchase parking at one of the lots around the stadium from parkwhiz or other sites? Or is it best/easiest to go to one of the restaurants offering the shuttles? Or is there another option?? I know nothing about the area around the stadium...and while we are willing to walk from the surrounding lots to the stadium...is there anything to be concerned with since I'll have a 10 year old with me.

Also, what is best to do at the stadium before the game?? What is happening around the stadium that we should check out and experience??

Thanks in advance for the advice!! We are very excited to experience it all in person...finally!
I can't help with your query, but welcome to CZ!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't help you either but I didn't want to interrupt the roll we're on. We could get this up to 10 replies before you get any help.

Xelda

Reaction score
Hang in there jawdad! There are people here that actually live in the area. Also, there are other threads where some questions have been answered. Construction has either started or getting ready to start for a new baseball facility next to AT&T Stadium. I guess they're hoping drunk Cowboy fans will accidentally stagger into a baseball game.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hang in there jawdad! There are people here that actually live in the area. Also, there are other threads where some questions have been answered. Construction has either started or getting ready to start for a new baseball facility next to AT&T Stadium. I guess they're hoping drunk Cowboy fans will accidentally stagger into a baseball game.
I don't know about you, but I don't get drunk enough to do that!
:facepalm:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m here. Checking frequently for answers. Appreciate the welcomes! Today is my stepsons birthday and we will be surprising him with the trip to the game. I’ll try to post video,later.
Alrighty then, absence excused.

JustChip

Reaction score

Welcome to CZ, jawdad. I can't speak to the restaurant thing; I've known some folks who have done it and have been pleased. But parking-wise, there is plenty of private parking available along Division St. and Randol Mill. The one's along Randol Mill are generally in the $20-$30 range with the higher priced ones closest to Globe Life Park. I know there is a commercial building at the corner of Randol Mill and Six Flags Rd. that includes bus transport part way to the stadium. You can either walk from where they drop you off or there are 3-wheel bicycle taxis that you can get for something like $10/person ($5 for kid I think) that will take you the rest of the way. The ones along Division are about the same price. You can also buy Stadium Parking on the nfl.com ticket resale site, but it'll be more pricey. The face value of something like Lot 13 is $75 so you can expect to pay more than $100, but it's pretty close.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Welcome to CZ, jawdad. I can't speak to the restaurant thing; I've known some folks who have done it and have been pleased. But parking-wise, there is plenty of private parking available along Division St. and Randol Mill. The one's along Randol Mill are generally in the $20-$30 range with the higher priced ones closest to Globe Life Park. I know there is a commercial building at the corner of Randol Mill and Six Flags Rd. that includes bus transport part way to the stadium. You can either walk from where they drop you off or there are 3-wheel bicycle taxis that you can get for something like $10/person ($5 for kid I think) that will take you the rest of the way. The ones along Division are about the same price. You can also buy Stadium Parking on the nfl.com ticket resale site, but it'll be more pricey. The face value of something like Lot 13 is $75 so you can expect to pay more than $100, but it's pretty close.
And that why they say, "They get ya coming and going."

Swanny

Reaction score

Stadium tour is a must. I haven't been to the Star. But that looks like a must. Go get some real local authentic Texas BBQ. Guys will debate who has the best. Visit San Antonio. It's the best city I have ever visited. In my opinion its best to rent a car and just drive the backroads of Texas It is GORGEOUS