U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Costas Thinks T.O. Has Personality Issues

Published October 7, 2008 Cowboys , NFL , Terrell Owens 0 Comments
Tags: Bob Costas, nbc, Terrell Owens

NBC’s Bob Costas has a take on Terrell Owens. He told a radio station:
“I’m not a psychologist but when you see someone who is often so completely insensitive to the feelings of others and can gratuitously take shots at others and yet when the slightest thing that touches his sensitivities comes up, he breaks down in tears and (says) ‘you don’t understand him.’

“That’s infantile.
(Owens acts like) ‘My feelings are paramount always. The slightest injury to me is a grave injustice. But I can hurl any kind of invective or nonsense at you and be totally insensitive to your feelings and that doesn’t matter.’

That’s how infants view the world.“​
http://newdawgblog.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/bob-costas-thinks-to-has-personality-issues/

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Original blog entry

Bob: T.O. Has ‘Diagnosable Personality Disorder’
Bob Costas appeared this week on Dan Le Batard’s “790 The Ticket” radio show and had this to say about Terrell Owens:

“I really think that Terrell has some sort of diagnosable personality disorder. I don’t know what it is, but it goes beyond garden variety narcissism.

“I’m not a psychologist but when you see someone who is often so completely insensitive to the feelings of others and can gratuitously take shots at others and yet when the slightest thing that touches his sensitivities comes up, he breaks down in tears and (says) ‘you don’t understand him.’

“That’s infantile.

“(Owens acts like) ‘My feelings are paramount always. The slightest injury to me is a grave injustice. But I can hurl any kind of invective or nonsense at you and be totally insensitive to your feelings and that doesn’t matter.’

“That’s how infants view the world.“

You can hear the audio here.

I don’t dispute what Costas is saying. I’ve said the same thing right here about Chad Ocho Cinco for some time now. He truly is bordering on mental illness. Costas is also describing the personality of Barry Bonds and countless other high profile athletes and celebs.

It goes without saying that Costas is right on in his assessment, but what he fails to bring up is how the club’s enable the behavior. That’s the reason the problems exist in the first place, “illness” or not.

A great example was Owens’ coach Wade Phillips taking the blame for the receiver’s senseless celebration penalty in week one of the season. That’s the sort of thing that only elevates the problem with Owens and athletes like him.

So when do you think Costas is going to direct his criticism at Jerry Jones, Peter Magowan and the other shameless enablers not to mention Keith Olbermann?

Don’t hold your breath.

This entry was posted on Friday, October 3rd, 2008 at 10:07 pm and is filed under Brog, Idiot Athlete, NFL, Media . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Visited 2,398 times, 114 so far today You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

For the UPteenth time..........HE HAD A FREAKING DEATH IN THE FREAKING FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
its called have a loved one die, sometimes people get emotional.....Brett Farve's dad died and they glorified him.:bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2317683 said:
its called have a loved one die, sometimes people get emotional.....Brett Farve's dad died and they glorified him.:bang2:

yeah....... :rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Why does anyone care what Bob Costas thinks? He's an idiot. The only thing worse on the NBC Sunday night show is Keith Obermoron.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boy they are all coming out in full force, aren't they? Bob Costas? They are just loving this. It's best the Dallas Cowboys players avoid the media including their own as much as possible.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There is little doubt as to him having narcissistic traits. But it's liabel to state a person has a personality disorder and not know that is a fact. I actually rather doubt he's narcissistic enough to be diagnosed with the disorder though. He's much too different as a private person. From his interviews you can tell he's aware of his self promotion and not taking it too seriously. Narcissistic people don't make jokes about I love me some me then laugh. They are not that self aware. He's also too well liked by his teammates everywhere he's been. No one likes a true narcissistic person. If Costas had actually interviewed one or known one he wouldn't be confused about it. More BS.

I'm afraid I had misinformaton and preconceived notions about TO before he came here. I've since learned to love the guy.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bonds really should not be lumped with TO and Cinco.

Bonds is abrasive but very private and not theatrical/out there like the WR's mentioned.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
TO is the new generation JR Ewing everybody loves to hate.

TO speaks from the heart and is a real cool person. When Cowboys loss to Seattle in playoffs he was backing up QB.
Very uncharacteristic of someone who supposedly is all about me.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What the personality disorder for somebody who always jumps to conclusions? That's what the media sure does.

I just call that plain nuts.

YAKUZA

braw

Reaction score
Anybody who studies behavior can tell you that all these media and talking heads don't know a thing about personality disorders. TO not Terrell is a character he plays on the football arena. Terrell is really a very sensative, mistrusting person who has been hardened by life experiences.

When he came to the NFL his sensativity became insecurities that did not allow him to continue developing as a WR. Always to worried about everything that he was probably ineffiecient on the field( he had the physical tools but not the tuff skin to perform). Enter TO who allows him to focus more on his play and less in what people say and/or criticize.

As Michael Irvin said today after TO left the interview. That Terrell is the lamb and he puts the lion TO to protect him.

Yet nobody ever made mention what one of his best friends said about him and his situation.

burmafrd

Reaction score
gee canadian for once you are dead on. I want to see his medical degree.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I know I'm going to take heat for this, but I agree with Costas' assessment. I think T.O. is mentally ill. That said, I don't think he's as awful a person as everyone makes him out to be, and I do think the media has him bullseyed- along with the Cowboys for taking him on- for harrassment the remainder of his career in Dallas.

We're just all going to have to live with a) TO's antics and b) the media overhyping all of them

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2317821 said:
I know I'm going to take heat for this, but I agree with Costas' assessment. I think T.O. is mentally ill. That said, I don't think he's as awful a person as everyone makes him out to be, and I do think the media has him bullseyed- along with the Cowboys for taking him on- for harrassment the remainder of his career in Dallas.

We're just all going to have to live with a) TO's antics and b) the media overhyping all of them

You are gonna have to explain this one. To make a bold blanket statement like this is ridiculous without some kind of proof or examples.

ddh33

Reaction score
So Costas is a shrink, and Newy is the second opinion. Pardon me if I don't take their word for it.

You know, come to think of it, I think I would cry tears of oy if all of these stupid people just disappeared.