Next FA on your 'wish list'?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A few nice signings today, but I'd like to see that train keep rolling and the momentum continue.

While I would love to add Everson Griffen first and foremost, he may be a big ticket item out of our price range (but I will hold out hope).

But next on my list would be WR Taylor Gabriel.

Speed guy that is versatile and can line up outside and in the slot. Released by the Bears so signing him would not impact comp pick formula either. He would be my pick to replace Randall Cobb.

How about y'all? Who's next on your lists?

Taylor Gabriel is only 5'7". Dak would be overthrowing him a lot I'm afraid.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Beyond Griffin, I don't care. I already know anyone decent is well outside of honest offer territory.

817Gill

Reaction score
Playing the long game actually is going to work in the FO favor this FA period. We are about to be in week 3 of FA and there’s still 4-6 guys that could really be impactful next season. The longer they go unsigned the cheaper they come

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I like Gabriel but what scares me about signing him is that I think the Cowboys miss out on a opportunity of a deep receiver class. I'd like to at least get one receiver out of this class. I feel if they signed Gabriel that would take them out of market.

As of right now I see our receivers as being.....

Cooper
Gallup..............

Cedrick Wilson(?)
Devin Smith(?)
Noah Brown(?)
Lance Lenoir(?)
Jon'Vea Johnson(?)
VEntell Bryant (?)

Alright now that I look at it.........I'm down for Gabriel too lol. I feel like you can sign Gabriel and still address receiver in the draft.

We don't have to hold back on drafting a WR to keep what we have. After Cooper and Gallup:
Cedrick Wilson(?)
Devin Smith(?)
Noah Brown(?)
Lance Lenoir(?)
Jon'Vea Johnson(?)
VEntell Bryant (?)

After Cooper and Wilson, they're all disposable on offense.

We have plenty of room to draft a WR *and* sign a veteran, and should do both. I wouldn't take the fast guy in the OP, because we already have a fast guy in Smith, and he looked good when they let him on the field. What we need is a possession vet who can backup Gallup and Cooper. Easy to find those guys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
is Logan Ryan still out there ? then griffin but we have a draft tp get the WR so no to garbrile I think we spent enough on Jarwin and AC so use a deep draft for cheap rookie contract at WR,... also still a stud defender or two in the draft..

I really hope no more safetys as been reported as I want them to take a S at 17 if hes there or if not a c/b/DL..

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have 3 guys who can play C: McGovern, Looney, and Redmond. Most likely they plan on McGovern at C.

The other positions have starters, and we're just looking at depth now. Could take a CB in the 1st to start. I don't see it at other positions.
definitely do not NEED a C..

Hardline

Reaction score
Eric Berry

I would rather see some current players contracts extended that are close to expiring than chase more free agents

Carson

Reaction score
We have 3 guys who can play C: McGovern, Looney, and Redmond. Most likely they plan on McGovern at C.

The other positions have starters, and we're just looking at depth now. Could take a CB in the 1st to start. I don't see it at other positions.

Agreed. I’d say TE is set now with Bell. Unless somebody falls to them. Similar to center..

I’d love a corner in round 1-2

Mr_437

Reaction score
OT - Daryl Williams
Tyron Smith will miss some games and behind the two starters the have Brandon Knight for now, so I prefer snagging a vet with plenty experience and DW fits that mold.

DT - Snacks Harrison
No run zone! Instead of TyCraw playing RDE at times, McCoy moves into the role.
RE-McCoy
3T-Poe
NT-Snacks
LE-DLaw