Next FA on your 'wish list'?

JBS

Reaction score
They seem content with Lewis, Chido, and Brown to me.

Safety, DE and WR have to be addressed.

No. They seem pigeon holed on drafting a CB in round 1..that's more like it?

dwmyers

Reaction score
A few nice signings today, but I'd like to see that train keep rolling and the momentum continue.

While I would love to add Everson Griffen first and foremost, he may be a big ticket item out of our price range (but I will hold out hope).

But next on my list would be WR Taylor Gabriel.

Speed guy that is versatile and can line up outside and in the slot. Released by the Bears so signing him would not impact comp pick formula either. He would be my pick to replace Randall Cobb.

How about y'all? Who's next on your lists?

I think Griffen is a good idea. I'd worry about Taylor Gabriel. He's a Kyle Shanahan discovery (when he was with the Browns) and Kyle liked him enough to take him with him to the Falcons..

D-

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We don't have to hold back on drafting a WR to keep what we have. After Cooper and Gallup:
Cedrick Wilson(?)
Devin Smith(?)
Noah Brown(?)
Lance Lenoir(?)
Jon'Vea Johnson(?)
VEntell Bryant (?)

After Cooper and Wilson, they're all disposable on offense.

We have plenty of room to draft a WR *and* sign a veteran, and should do both. I wouldn't take the fast guy in the OP, because we already have a fast guy in Smith, and he looked good when they let him on the field. What we need is a possession vet who can backup Gallup and Cooper. Easy to find those guys.
Beyond cooper and Gallup that is new York jets level bad

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A few nice signings today, but I'd like to see that train keep rolling and the momentum continue.

While I would love to add Everson Griffen first and foremost, he may be a big ticket item out of our price range (but I will hold out hope).

But next on my list would be WR Taylor Gabriel.

Speed guy that is versatile and can line up outside and in the slot. Released by the Bears so signing him would not impact comp pick formula either. He would be my pick to replace Randall Cobb.

How about y'all? Who's next on your lists?

I would sign Ogletree to a 1 or 2 year redemption contract. Hopefully he will push one of the 2 pea brained under achievers they currently have at LB.

JBS

Reaction score
Laugh all you want but it fits a pattern we have seen for several years at other positions like safety and DT.

Yeah that isn't the pattern...this teams biggest hole right now is without question CB...there is no argument there

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yeah that isn't the pattern...this teams biggest hole right now is without question CB...there is no argument there

Yea, I am going to have to disagree with you there.

Not having a starting RDE or 3rd WR seems like huge holes to me.

JBS

Reaction score
Yea, I am going to have to disagree with you there.

Not having a starting RDE or 3rd WR seems like huge holes to me.

First of all, Randy Gregory is your starting RE

And you can name whatever cbs on the roster you want. None of those guys are #1 cbs..so you don't have a #1 cb

I can name a bunch of scrubs at wr that are on the roster too..just like you did for cb

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The depth of remaining WR's looks bad. We might be relying on the draft there. Maybe a trade opportunity pops up.

Id take Griffen and Talib

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We don't have to hold back on drafting a WR to keep what we have. After Cooper and Gallup:
Cedrick Wilson(?)
Devin Smith(?)
Noah Brown(?)
Lance Lenoir(?)
Jon'Vea Johnson(?)
VEntell Bryant (?)

After Cooper and Wilson, they're all disposable on offense.

We have plenty of room to draft a WR *and* sign a veteran, and should do both. I wouldn't take the fast guy in the OP, because we already have a fast guy in Smith, and he looked good when they let him on the field. What we need is a possession vet who can backup Gallup and Cooper. Easy to find those guys.

LOL....I said EXACTLY that. I said we can draft a receiver and get Gabriel. We have enough room to. To me after Gallup and Cooper there's nothing. Nothing proven anyway.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like Gabriel but what scares me about signing him is that I think the Cowboys miss out on a opportunity of a deep receiver class. I'd like to at least get one receiver out of this class. I feel if they signed Gabriel that would take them out of market.

As of right now I see our receivers as being.....

Cooper
Gallup..............

Cedrick Wilson(?)
Devin Smith(?)
Noah Brown(?)
Lance Lenoir(?)
Jon'Vea Johnson(?)
VEntell Bryant (?)

Alright now that I look at it.........I'm down for Gabriel too lol. I feel like you can sign Gabriel and still address receiver in the draft.
:laugh:

DE
Everson Griffen
Kareem Martin

CB
Aquib Talib
Logan Ryan

WR
Dez Bryant
Demaryius Thomas

just gimmie 1 @each

I guess I didn't realize that Talib was a FA. I'd be most definitely kicking the tires on him especially with our CB needs.

Good list.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
In the draft my first two picks would be either of these positions DE, CB, WR. Then TE and take the best player available in those positions.