Next Tournament Idea Thread (Balloting Has Ended)

Chose 4 Movie Genres OR Movie Pair Ups OR Franchise Series (read post #111 before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, suppose Horror/Sci-fi wins. Are we getting more specific, or is Captain Picard going to have to kick Freddie Krueger's butt?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also, how do some have multiple votes? timb2 has four votes.....

It says multiple votes allowed yet I can’t vote more than once :huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that is movie pair-ups then what the heck is franchises???? My example of LW and BHC are franchises......
My opinion

Movie Pair Ups example: The original Lethal Weapon vs the original Beverly Hills Cop films

Franchises example: Lethal Weapons 1/2/3/4 vs Beverly Hills Cop 1/2/3 films

Only one would advance in a bracket tournament. Examples:

Round 1

Movie Pair Ups

The winner of the original Lethal Weapon vs the original Beverly Hills Cop would face off against the winner of the original Alien vs the original Predator films. The original Lethal Weapon and the original Predator wins in Round 1. Sweet 16 round would pit the original Lethal Weapon vs the original Predator.

Franchises

The winner of Lethal Weapon 1/2/3/4 vs Beverly Hills Cop 1/2/3 would face off against the winner of Alien/Aliens/Alien 3 etc. vs Predator/Predator 2/Predators/AvP etc. films. Lethal Weapon 1/2/3/4 and Predator/Predator 2/Predators/AvP etc. wins in Round 1. Sweet 16 round would pit the Lethal Weapon 1/2/3/4 vs Predator/Predator 2/Predators/AvP etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, suppose Horror/Sci-fi wins. Are we getting more specific, or is Captain Picard going to have to kick Freddie Krueger's butt?
:lmao2:Oh Hell Naw!

On a serious note, Picard beats Freddy by sending Counselor Trol into his mind. Her beauty would shine so bright that it would evaporate his demonic spirit instantly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, how do some have multiple votes? timb2 has four votes.....

It says multiple votes allowed yet I can’t vote more than once :huh:
First the notifications failed. Now this?

Did you select four choices before clicking Cast Your Vote? Or did you select one poll choice, clicked Cast your Vote, and could not make another choice?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Did you select four choices before clicking Cast Your Vote? Or did you select one poll choice, clicked Cast your Vote, and could not make another choice?

Just selected one. I didn’t see a point for voting multiple since I want franchises. But, now I want to add a vote for comedy since horror/scifi is to broad of a category.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Assuming he voted for something other than the genres, shouldn't that be the way it works?

timb2

Reaction score
Hey! HEY! There's no crying in baseball!!:mad::muttley:

These idea threads and bracket contest threads are a step up from members simply discussing certain topics and 'thinking' what the majority likes or dislikes. I thought it would be something a bit more original than the same-old, same-old.

However, the concept may come to an abrupt halt if the membership does not see anything unique about them. That is what has held my interest to this point. Well, maybe not. Members, who have been CowboysZone supporters, can create polls! So the practice might continue without me but a word of caution...

Everyone keep an eye on @timb2 . There could be a 128-field Asian model thread/bracket poll contest right around the corner... :omg:Just kidding timb2. :p
I'm all for it !! "Invasion of the Car Show Babes"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assuming he voted for something other than the genres, shouldn't that be the way it works?
@Tabascocat did vote for Franchise Series. The poll is multiple choice for all eight listed options. Since it is a multiple choice poll, it will allow any member to chose a maximum of four choices.

Now, a member CAN make whatever choice they want but my directions (shown above the poll) are for every voter to chose ONLY four of the six movie genres OR the single Movie Pair Ups option OR the single Franchise Series option.

I ***think*** I know what may have happened. Tabascocat did follow the directions correctly and voted one time (for Franchise Series) but wanted to cast additional votes for other options--which is not how I wanted members to vote. My goal is creating a single bracket for a single purpose, for decidinig either:

• Genres OR
  • Movie Pair Ups OR
  • Franchise Series
My goal is not to have a mixture of two or all three.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The seed is planted, you know you want to see it. Lol
Perhaps but I may want to see it (again) way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.