Next year smells like Victory!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not as miserable as some people around here. I think the coaching changes will make all the difference. Zeke, DLaw, Jaylon on others will be flourish under a staff that will hold them accountable and Jerry will manipulate the cap to put together a good roster. Go Cowboys!!! Victory is on the Gameday Menu and it smells gooooood!

The new coaching staff is undefeated and will remain so at least until September, if not longer. :flagwave:

That Jerry part gave me a chuckle.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's the NFC East.
Unless the Eagles are back to Super Bowl form the Cowboys should win the East.
Ron Rivera is good, but I don't think the Commanders offense will get up to speed for a couple of years.
Wildcard at worst, maybe a 1st round win.

Ron Rivera's resume is Jason Garrett's sans a championship game appearance. Lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not as miserable as some people around here. I think the coaching changes will make all the difference. Zeke, DLaw, Jaylon on others will be flourish under a staff that will hold them accountable and Jerry will manipulate the cap to put together a good roster. Go Cowboys!!! Victory is on the Gameday Menu and it smells gooooood!

I'm with you.

As long as there are no issues in keeping Dak and Cooper around, I think this is a double digit win team today. And that's before anything else they do in the draft and free agency to add to it.

I think maybe that some of the doubt comes from fear. Fear that some fans have of getting exposed for supporting and making excuses for Jason Garrett. Fear of what this team will accomplish will actual experienced, quality coaching. Fear of looking as dumb as they do by having supported that last failure and trying to point to anywhere else they could for reasons for the disappointing results.

We're about to see what real coaching can do for a team. I for one am enjoying the ride.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Fresh cut grass.... wild flowers in springtime....the lake at sun set.... being 17 years old again with a six pack in the back seat and cruising thru town with Suzie snuggled up to me feeling like its all out in front of me..... A garrettless Cowboys and a staff that can actually tie its own shoes. These are a few of my favorite things. :)

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I have been miserable for a decade, and I finally have hope. Adding to what you wrote, Dak has grown in 4 years without NFL caliber head coaching, now he has a guy that worked with Montana, Favre and Rodgers. AND McCarthy succeed at the highest level with a team that refused to keep players or pay any free agents. I think he will thrive having a team that will spend for their coach. (side note, I kind of felt last year, they knew JG was dead man walking and did not want to add pricey free agent contracts to the roster that would handcuff the cap for the NEXT coach)

glimmerman

Reaction score
You improve our Defense and get us a descent ST and we get another 3 or 4 wins. MM isn’t messing with the Offense because it don’t need a lot. I think MM will bring stability. That alone would have given us 2-3 more wins last year. We had a dead man clapping last year for a HC. The team knew it and played like it. Our Defense had 2 DC. Major confusion and division in the locker room. And Dak needs to continue to improve.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
LETS GET IT!!!! Is @Idgit a giants fan now?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not buying into the hype like some who just hated Garrett.

ST and LB coaching got better. No doubt we also got more experienced coaches all together. But I'm not convinced overall the defensive coaches are better and we certainly have not added more talent than last year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nice counter!