NFC East Greatest Superbowl Teams Who Would Win?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jinxx13x, May 21, 2021.

1. Jinxx13x

Jinxx13x Well-Known Member

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    Time for a change of pace thread for some fun.

If the following great teams from the NFC East Played one another in a round robin tournament how would the finish from top to bottom.

1986 NY Giants - Overall Record 14-2- offense led by Sims , Morris , Bavaro / Defense led by LT , Martin , Marshall, Carson this scary defense wreaked havoc and dominated. The Giants Offense was blue collar like and averaged 23.2 PPG which ranked 8th. There Defense gave up 14.8 ppg which ranked 2nd

1991- Washington Football Team - Overall Record 14-2 Offense was explosive 30.3 ppg for number 1 ranking while the defense ranked 2nd only giving up 14.0 ppg - offense was led by Rypien , Clark, Monk , Byner & the Hogs. Defense Also Loaded with Mann , Marshall, Millen , Green and Collins

1992 Dallas Cowboys - 13-3 Overall Record Offense was ranked 2nd averaging 15.6 ppg while the defense gave up 15.2 ppg good for the 5th spot . Offense featured the triplets, The great wall, novacek / The defense was led by Haley , Maryland, Norton

2017 Philadelphia Eagles 13-3 Overall Record they scored 28.6 ppg good for 3rd best and the defense gave up 18.4 ppg good for 4th offense featured foles, blount, ertz , jeffrey - while the defense featured Cox, Jenkins Darby and Grahem

Who You Got ? How would they Finish And Why

2. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,767 Messages
    30,452 Likes Received
    No offense but that’s a dumb question. The 92 Cowboys would thrash them all handily. Did you not watch them play?

3. Jinxx13x

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    Yes i did watch them play not sure about thrashing them other teams. Eagles yes they would get stomped IMO

I do not think Washington is gonna be nearly as easy as you may think they were loaded i think that would be a fantastic game to watch.
    Giants D would be no pushover that D with LT was real their O would struggle vs us though

kskboys and Runwildboys like this.
  4. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

3,636 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    Eagles not even in the running. I'd probably say Cowboys, Giants, Football Team.

5. Jinxx13x

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    I agree on the eagles but they did have one LOL so i had to add

Runwildboys likes this.
  6. irishline

irishline Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Small typo, I know, but the 1992 Cowboys offense averaged 25.6 ppg not 15.6 ppg. That said, the 1992 Cowboys IMO. That Defensive line depth was awesome, truly wave after wave, and what more do you need to say about the offense.

The 1991 Football Team would, to me, be runner up.

Kolemmitt likes this.
  7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

3,636 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    Is it conventional wisdom that the 92 Cowboys were better than 93? I was trying to remember the differences, nothing major personnel-wise right? I guess the 92 team's Super Bowl win was more lopsided. But then the 93 team's victory over the 49ers in NFCC was stronger (and we know that was the actual second-best team in the league).

8. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

5,216 Messages
    14,643 Likes Received
    I'd rank them

1. Cowboys
    2. Football Team
    3. Giants
    4. Eagles

Dallas was more complete and just destroyed Buffalo in the big one.

JoeKing, Furboy, Kolemmitt and 2 others like this.
  9. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

11,883 Messages
    10,096 Likes Received
    Just my opinion, but the '87 Football Team were a better team than the '91 team.

So who's the best? I think if you asked most people they'd say the '86 Giants. I might agree. But then I remember the Cowboys almost beat them twice that year. After two consecutive big plays by the Cowboys were called back by penalties on the final drive, Giants held on to win 17-14 in week 9. No way that '92 team loses to them.

Don't get me wrong, I think the '86 Giants were a really good SB team. But they'd be more suited to play the '77 Cowboys than the '92.

LACowboysFan1, Furboy and DandyDon52 like this.
  10. Jinxx13x

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    OOOPS yeah i did do a typo LOL nice catch thanks for the correction and i have to agree the Football Team were also a good team

11. Jinxx13x

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    Yeah it was a tough choice i would say both were nasty honestly

12. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Well-Known Member

8,439 Messages
    8,989 Likes Received
    I’d put Jaworski Eagle teams over that one.

Dallas
    Giants
    Skins
    Eagles

13. Jinxx13x

5,961 Messages
    9,440 Likes Received
    i think if i am not mistaken the 86 giants had belichek as the D Coordinator would have been an interesting matchup for sure

14. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

7,630 Messages
    13,368 Likes Received
    The 92-93 Cowboys were possibly the most well-rounded most dominant team in NFL history. They most certainly were the most dominant in NFC East history.

They would hands down win.

15. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet......

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    8,864 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    Cowboys in a romp

Now if you add the central and the '85 bears it becomes less clear.

Air Force One, Furboy and Jinxx13x like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

26,536 Messages
    53,322 Likes Received
    1992 Cowboys - Too much depth and speed for the others and Jimmy would have a plan.
    1986 Giants - LT's defense and the Tuna would keep them in the game, but see above.
    1991 Football Team - Very good overall team with Gibbs at HC.
    2017 Eagles - Caught lightning in a bottle their last 2 games. They barely beat Atlanta 15-10 in the divisional round, with ATL inside the 10 at the end. Nick Foles would get eaten alive by the above defenses, especially the first two.

JBond, Furboy, wrongway and 1 other person like this.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

53,067 Messages
    41,203 Likes Received
    I would too, but I think he's saying they had to win a Super Bowl

TexasFrog and Jinxx13x like this.
  18. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,767 Messages
    30,452 Likes Received
    There was no team that could stop Troy, Emmitt and Irvin in their hey day. Not sure what you’re smoking but I want some of it if you think otherwise.

19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    No way a Simms led offense beats that great 90's team. That offense would roll over the best defenses in the NFC East for years.

20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    90's Eagle teams were better than the 2017 Eagles team.

JBond, Bobhaze and mmohican29 like this.