NFC East Outlook

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The one thing I will add is it’s early. The Eagles have started slow before. Even last year. But they got right in time and won the division. So while i say it’s ours to win it’s really to early to write the Eagles off.
This year just feels different. Now they lost their rookie WR Reagor to IR. It's only a matter of time before D-Jax goes down, and Jeffries is cooked. Slay is hurt as well. 2 to 3 starting O-linemen down each week. I think this division is ours by default.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas will win division hands down AS long as MM keeps an eye on Moores playbook.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I called (and bet on) the Washington upset and I’ll calling it again this week. The Bengals are going to beat them in a close one.

They could lose every one of those games. 6-10 wins the NFC EAST this year.
Has 6-10 ever won a division.....ever? I say no way. 10-6 maybe. Even 8-8, but not 6-10, no way, no how, not ever. :)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The loss of games due to injuries could never be more true than this year in determining team success.

May the last healthy team standing prevail.

"Or" the best at overcoming/managing their injuries I guess.

Go Cowboys

We lost many players early, and then a few more. However, they do not seem to be year ending injuries, other than Jarwin. They all can return. So if we can overcome these over the next 2 to 6 weeks. Gel, then be healthy, great for us. Just win the games you are supposed to win, and win a game you are not supposed to win. (though many on here don't think we can win any games)

As other teams are just beginning to lose players and half seem to be for the year. So what are the chances they overcome those. So that depends on their roster depth, and as you posted, how it is managed. This is where coaching will also become huge, as well, making adjustments.

I think this staff can handle this better than the old staff.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The East is the Cowboys to lose. I felt that way before the season began and feel even stronger about that now. How that affects the overall? It doesn't until they beat a true contender.

Techsass

Reaction score
The East is the Cowboys to lose. I felt that way before the season began and feel even stronger about that now. How that affects the overall? It doesn't until they beat a true contender.
I feel better now than I did before the 1st game. There's still a whole lot of uncertainty, but overall I'm back to my usual sunshine & rainbows outlook for the season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel better now than I did before the 1st game. There's still a whole lot of uncertainty, but overall I'm back to my usual sunshine & rainbows outlook for the season.
Why not be that way? Hell, we need al we can get to just feel normal these days. If you were Pollyannaing it, I wouldn't fault ya for that!

There are two ways to look at it. Take this game last week. Oh crap, they gave up 39 and made so many mistakes. Oh joy, they scored 40 overcoming a bunch of mistakes and won.

I do not think there's going to be very much normal about this season and with the O the Cowboys can put on the field, they can play with anybody. I'd rather have a stout O than D, particularly this season.

Techsass

Reaction score
Why not be that way? Hell, we need al we can get to just feel normal these days. If you were Pollyannaing it, I wouldn't fault ya for that!

There are two ways to look at it. Take this game last week. Oh crap, they gave up 39 and made so many mistakes. Oh joy, they scored 40 overcoming a bunch of mistakes and won.

I do not think there's going to be very much normal about this season and with the O the Cowboys can put on the field, they can play with anybody. I'd rather have a stout O than D, particularly this season.
"Don't worry, be happy"
(subject to change at any moment)

Swagger

Reaction score
The Eagles are done. This was obvious after their opening game. Too many injuries.

Our competition is Washington.