NFL 100 Greatest- 92 Cowboys

dckid

Reaction score
Tonight on NFL Ch at 2000 hrs ET.

One of thee best teams in NFL history....the 92 Cowboys.

I'd put that team up against any and they'll be victorious
Agree. That was some team. 93 was probably better they just had to deal with Emmit holdout and Troy Concussion in SB. Remember they spanked the Niners 38-21 with Troy missing the 2nd half. 1991-1992 teams brought so much joy to my life.
1992 was really special and I agree they didn’t know how dominant they were until the championship and SB. That was a coaching exhibition.
That team took on the brash personality and Uber confidence of Jimmy. No nonsense was tolerated. Losses had Jimmy brooding.
That was the year he cut someone n the flight home from Washington. I remember that game. December game in RFK we lost 20-17. Gibbs las hurrah!
Oh how our mighty organization is now run by a clown. We used to be setting the trends on coaching and player acquisition, team building. Now we just care about marketing.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Electricity started at the end of '91.
You just knew...

This was the most amazing moment and tidal wave of team solidarity from the lowest of the low to the highest of the highs.

And thus Jerry's reign unto our perpetuity.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And it was no fault of our own.
How could we have known at the time?

Such heady days...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Tonight on NFL Ch at 2000 hrs ET.

One of thee best teams in NFL history....the 92 Cowboys.

I'd put that team up against any and they'll be victorious

If Jerry didn’t get wasted and fired a great coach that team would have won 4 SBs in a row and would be the undisputed best of all time.

Instead the old drunk fires Jimmy and hires a washed up college coach. The rest is history.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Jerry didn’t get wasted and fired a great coach that team would have won 4 SBs in a row and would be the undisputed best of all time.

Instead the old drunk fires Jimmy and hires a washed up college coach. The rest is history.
Probably would have won 5 in a row. The Packers generally couldn't beat us until Jimmy left. Then we started getting lax in our preparation. We didn't have that cockiness anymore either.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Is the show just best ever or we’re that ranked at a certain number?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Agree. That was some team. 93 was probably better they just had to deal with Emmit holdout and Troy Concussion in SB. Remember they spanked the Niners 38-21 with Troy missing the 2nd half. 1991-1992 teams brought so much joy to my life.
1992 was really special and I agree they didn’t know how dominant they were until the championship and SB. That was a coaching exhibition.
That team took on the brash personality and Uber confidence of Jimmy. No nonsense was tolerated. Losses had Jimmy brooding.
That was the year he cut someone n the flight home from Washington. I remember that game. December game in RFK we lost 20-17. Gibbs las hurrah!
Oh how our mighty organization is now run by a clown. We used to be setting the trends on coaching and player acquisition, team building. Now we just care about marketing.

Jimmy didn’t cut anyone on the plane home from RFK. He cussed them out for playing cards.

He cut Curvin Richards after the last game of the season vs the Bears for fumbling.

CWR

Reaction score
The Electricity started at the end of '91.
You just knew...

This was the most amazing moment and tidal wave of team solidarity from the lowest of the low to the highest of the highs.

And thus Jerry's reign unto our perpetuity.

I lived in Corpus Christi at the time and still remember people all over the neighborhood honking their horns and screaming Cowboys after that first superbowl.

You couldn't leave the house without joining in the celebration. It was the best of times.

I can only imagine the celebration after this drought.

dckid

Reaction score
Jimmy didn’t cut anyone on the plane home from RFK. He cussed them out for playing cards.

He cut Curvin Richards after the last game of the season vs the Bears for fumbling.
Thanks for the correction. I didn’t look it up just was going off if memory.