NFL 100 Greatest- 92 Cowboys

cowboybish

Reaction score
How do you think they would've faired against the '85 bears?
That would have been a great battle... the Bears D against our O. I could see this as a 17-13 kinda game. I think ES would have been the difference.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The 92 cowboys would destroy the 85 Bears...

Seriously their defense would be neutralized by our oline and our defense would crush their offense..

The 92 cowboys would only have to score 10 points..because that offense would not score on our defense.

cej757

Reaction score
The only teams that scared me in 92 were the Houston Oilers and the 49ers. I still think if we would've played Houston in the Superbowl instead of the Bills it could've got scary. We always struggled against Warren Moon and those Oilers teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
Probably would have won 5 in a row. The Packers generally couldn't beat us until Jimmy left. Then we started getting lax in our preparation. We didn't have that cockiness anymore either.

The Packers couldn't beat us until the Cowboys were not the same Cowboys in '97 on up. The Cowboys beat that Packers team in every game they faced eachother both in the playoffs and regular season. 8 straight including the year the Packers won the SB.

How do you think they would've faired against the '85 bears?

In the '93 season I thought the Cowboys would face something similar in the Houston Oilers. Same Buddy Ryan led defense and they were looking good until the chuck and duck lost the game for them against the Chiefs in the playoffs. But I was a little worried about that team because our offense is exactly what the 4/6 D can take advantage of. But the '85 Bears? Not so sure. The only team to beat them were the Dolphins, and they were using a 3WR set and Marino was getting the ball out quick. Either the '85 Bears or '86 Giants would be tough to beat.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I don't usually pay much attention to these lists, so this may have already been brought up, but...

78. 1967 Raiders
85. 1966 Chiefs

The '66 Chiefs and '67 Raiders were AFL teams that were blown out by the Packers in the Super Bowl those years, in the first two Super Bowls played. Those were the same two years that -- the previous week -- the Cowboys took the Packers to the final minute of what was then the NFL Championship game (the second year being the Ice Bowl). The NFL Championship game basically decided the best team in pro football, as no one took the AFL seriously. So the SB was widely considered a mismatch and an afterthought, to the point that the stadium was only 75% full for the first SB.

Neither the 1966 nor 1967 Dallas team made the list. Talk about your revisionist history.