Twitter: NFL 2016 Redraft - Dak goes 1 to Rams and 4 still Zeke to Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If it’s a top 10 O line why wouldn’t we? We’ve all seen what happens when it’s not.

So when zeke gets 5 ypc with wide open lanes yet still can’t break big runs or tackles or make defenders miss then we’re supposed to give him credit for those yards and not the O line? Ridiculous.
I mean a offensive line no matter how great it can be will never have wide open lanes every play. Cowboys offensive line in 2014 didn't even do that. Joseph Randle proved that it takes more than just a line.

Motorola

Reaction score
I would take Ramsey and Hill easily over Zeke.
I think Ramsey or Chris Jones should go over Zeke. DTs like Chris Jones are so valuable I think I'm leaning Jones.
Uhhh give me Chris Jones, Ramsey, Hill, Buckner, or Howard. Then maybe I’d consider Zeke, and I’m a Zeke fan.
Jones or Buckner at 4 easily
The above comments prove that the draft is an inexact science. The scouts' evaluations are tethered to coaching staffs' philosophies, offensive\defensive schemes, and current roster decisions - on top of the players themselves: body type-structure, physical ability, position skill set, intensity (motivation & passion for the game) injury history; production on the field, level of competition. Plus....their life away from the sport =character, school and / or legal issues. Example - Tyreek Hill is a 2016 1st round, if not a top 10 pick...but his draft status dropped because of his arrest and case of domestic violence while at Oklahoma State.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I mean a offensive line no matter how great it can be will never have wide open lanes every play. Cowboys offensive line in 2014 didn't even do that. Joseph Randle proved that it takes more than just a line.
No, not every play but some offensive lines create more open lanes on a regular basis than others and zeke’s results sans 2016 show how inferior he is without a top 10 O line. Every stat backs that up.

Literally almost every other starting RB in the league would have put up similiar numbers under the same conditions (again, not including 2016). zeke made his supporters and jerry look like ultimate fools when he sat out and got the contract he wanted.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, not every play but some offensive lines create more open lanes on a regular basis than others and zeke’s results sans 2016 show how inferior he is without a top 10 O line. Every stat backs that up.

Literally almost every other starting RB in the league would have put up similiar numbers under the same conditions (again, not including 2016). zeke made his supporters and jerry look like ultimate fools when he sat out and got the contract he wanted.

How did he make his supporters look like fools? I'm a Cowboy fan and Zeke fan and quite frankly him getting a contract done has no barring on me. I didn't give it to him so how do we look like fools lol?

John813

Reaction score
The above comments prove that the draft is an inexact science. The scouts' evaluations are tethered to coaching staffs' philosophies, offensive\defensive schemes, and current roster decisions - on top of the players themselves: body type-structure, physical ability, position skill set, intensity (motivation & passion for the game) injury history; production on the field, level of competition. Plus....their life away from the sport =character, school and / or legal issues. Example - Tyreek Hill is a 2016 1st round, if not a top 10 pick...but his draft status dropped because of his arrest and case of domestic violence while at Oklahoma State.

Of course.
Hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to reviewing a previous draft.

Just saying in terms of draft ranking for 2016 and a draft redo I wouldn't take Zeke at 4th overall with others still on the board.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:laugh: The Rams aren't taking Dak No. 1 overall even in a do-over scenario. :laugh:

They take Ramsey and pick up Dak in the fourth, just where he was slotted to go.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Depends on the criteria you are basing it on. Henry couldn't touch Zeke's numbers the first couple of years, while Henry has easily been the superior player the last couple of years.

If you are looking at what they did right after they were drafted, then you go with Elliott. If you look at where they are now, you go with Henry.

But isn't a re-do based on what the players have done since coming into the league? Dak did NOTHING in college worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in a re-do. That is solely based on what he has done since being in the league.

Hence, Henry should go before Zeke in a re-do because Henry is considered a better back than Zeke right now.

aria

Reaction score
How did he make his supporters look like fools? I'm a Cowboy fan and Zeke fan and quite frankly him getting a contract done has no barring on me. I didn't give it to him so how do we look like fools lol?
Because everyone but you realizes there is something called a salary cap and paying a RB that much money, especially one who can’t even be average unless he has a very good O line, hurts the team. You supported his contract hence looking like a fool because you don’t understand priorities and the salary cap. Lol

You’re obviously a zeke fan before a Cowboys fan or you would understand how grossly overpaying certain players and positions hurts the team. Lol lol lol lol lol

LOL

aikemirv

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott was one of the best players in the league in 2016.

He won in college prior to that.

That was FIVE years ago.

What's he done since except put himself before the team?

He personally ruined 17 and 19.

Goodell ruined 17. Zeke very possibly did nothing to deserve that suspension. Please keep facts straight. Even the leagues investigator found no support for the claim.

19 was a bush league move, but from a RB perspective I understand it.

20 - he just fumbled too much and the way McCarthy uses him leaves him dispensable.

If I had to do it again, I would not take Ramsey, I would probably take Buckner

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Because everyone but you realizes there is something called a salary cap and paying a RB that much money, especially one who can’t even be average unless he has a very good O line, hurts the team. You supported his contract hence looking like a fool because you don’t understand priorities and the salary cap. Lol

You’re obviously a zeke fan before a Cowboys fan or you would understand how grossly overpaying certain players and positions hurts the team. Lol lol lol lol lol

LOL
Falling in love with a RB... Oh the romance.
Days of loving Emmitt have been over for at least a decade,,, I still and will always embrace the days of Emmitt and Sanders,, but its time people started to wake up to the fact that that RBs are a dime a dozen these days,
You still need them,, Henry is a beast I must admit,,, but it comes down to how much of your very limited cap you are willing to dedicate to a position that can be replaced cheaper on an annual draft investment.
RBs grow on trees..
You get it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

LOL

Ezekiel Elliot's cap hit was 5% of our cap last year lol. Its not hardly the back breaker you are making it out to be lol. Zeke's contract is no excuse to not build a formidable team. The real fools are the ones who believe that.

aria

Reaction score
Falling in love with a RB... Oh the romance.
Days of loving Emmitt have been over for at least a decade,,, I still and will always embrace the days of Emmitt and Sanders,, but its time people started to wake up to the fact that that RBs are a dime a dozen these days,
You still need them,, Henry is a beast I must admit,,, but it comes down to how much of your very limited cap you are willing to dedicate to a position that can be replaced cheaper on an annual draft investment.
RBs grow on trees..
You get it
There’s a reason only one rushing leader has won a SB in the last 20 years and just because a RB won a rushing title or 3 or 4 or 5 doesn’t mean he’s worth the expensive price tag. I don’t understand why some people aka Jerry still put so much value on the position, meaning monetary and draft value. A horrible waste of cap space and a draft selection.

aria

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliot's cap hit was 5% of our cap last year lol. Its not hardly the back breaker you are making it out to be lol. Zeke's contract is no excuse to not build a formidable team. The real fools are the ones who believe that.
Lol, so pretty much every sports analyst and fan disagree with you, lol. Lol, you’re the only one who thinks the cap is nothing but a made up figure that doesn’t exist, lol.

Lol, If the cap wasn’t such a big deal, Dak have been signed along with zeke and Jaylon, lol, but the cry baby diva stomped his feet, flew to Cabo and demanded to be paid the highest RB ever 2 years before his contract was up. Dummy Jerry caved to him and left the most important position on the field without a contract instead which is a very large part of the reason we are where we’re at today, lol.

Lol, you’re right though, we could have signed them all and still fielded a competitive team, the cap is nothing which is why you will see an unprecedented free agency like never before, lol.

Cap aside, picking a RB 4th overall (which you supported) is about the dumbest decision any GM can make, minus picking a RB 1st, 2nd or 3rd....LOL, lol, lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol, so pretty much every sports analyst and fan disagree with you, lol. Lol, you’re the only one who thinks the cap is nothing but a made up figure that doesn’t exist, lol.

Lol, If the cap wasn’t such a big deal, Dak have been signed along with zeke and Jaylon, lol, but the cry baby diva stomped his feet, flew to Cabo and demanded to be paid the highest RB ever 2 years before his contract was up. Dummy Jerry caved to him and left the most important position on the field without a contract instead which is a very large part of the reason we are where we’re at today, lol.

Lol, you’re right though, we could have signed them all and still fielded a competitive team, the cap is nothing which is why you will see an unprecedented free agency like never before, lol.

Cap aside, picking a RB 4th overall (which you supported) is about the dumbest decision any GM can make, minus picking a RB 1st, 2nd or 3rd....LOL, lol, lol.

Ok so you've now resorted to lying. I have stated numerous times I had no issue with re-signing Zeke...my issue was drafting him to begin with because you forced to re-sign him. So where are you getting that I "supported" drafting Zeke?

Its funny.....you have a issue with drafting a running back with the 4th overall pick but you constantly hype up Saquon Barkley lol. Hilarious. All that other stuff you said above was irrelevant.

Fact is Zeke's contract hits our cap at 5%. So using Zeke's contract solely as to why we can't sign anyone is silly and borderline moronic. Now if you want to say its because of Lawrence, Zeke, Cooper and La'el? Have at it.