Twitter: NFL 2016 Redraft - Dak goes 1 to Rams and 4 still Zeke to Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There’s a reason only one rushing leader has won a SB in the last 20 years and just because a RB won a rushing title or 3 or 4 or 5 doesn’t mean he’s worth the expensive price tag. I don’t understand why some people aka Jerry still put so much value on the position, meaning monetary and draft value. A horrible waste of cap space and a draft selection.

How many times has the receiving yards leader won a Super Bowl?

aria

Reaction score
Ok so you've now resorted to lying. I have stated numerous times I had no issue with re-signing Zeke...my issue was drafting him to begin with because you forced to re-sign him. So where are you getting that I "supported" drafting Zeke?

Its funny.....you have a issue with drafting a running back with the 4th overall pick but you constantly hype up Saquon Barkley lol. Hilarious. All that other stuff you said above was irrelevant.

Fact is Zeke's contract hits our cap at 5%. So using Zeke's contract solely as to why we can't sign anyone is silly and borderline moronic. Now if you want to say its because of Lawrence, Zeke, Cooper and La'el? Have at it.
Lying? There’s no doubt you know all about that, you’re an expert, lol.

Comparing RB’s has nothing to do with draft value. I mocked the Giants when they drafted him, I’ve mocked them multiple times since then and I’ve said several times I hope they’re dumb enough to do what Jerry did and give him a big contract. In no world have I ever said that Barkley, or any RB for that matter is worth a top 5 pick. The only RB I MAY have said was worth a 5-10 overall pick was McCaffrey because you’re basically getting 2 for 1 since he is a great WR as well.

Zeke got 50 million guaranteed, that’s not chump change. It was a waste of money and cap space, not to mention signing him two years early. If zeke didn’t throw his diva hissy fit you know as well as I do that Dak would have been signed. Hell, I’m almost positive that’s why zeke’s agent told him to sit out with two years left, he knew the money would get tight after signing Dak.

aria

Reaction score
How many times has the receiving yards leader won a Super Bowl?
Apples and oranges. I’m not going to look it up because it has absolutely nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Lol.lol

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lying? There’s no doubt you know all about that, you’re an expert, lol.

Comparing RB’s has nothing to do with draft value. I mocked the Giants when they drafted him, I’ve mocked them multiple times since then and I’ve said several times I hope they’re dumb enough to do what Jerry did and give him a big contract. In no world have I ever said that Barkley, or any RB for that matter is worth a top 5 pick. The only RB I MAY have said was worth a 5-10 overall pick was McCaffrey because you’re basically getting 2 for 1 since he is a great WR as well.

Zeke got 50 million guaranteed, that’s not chump change. It was a waste of money and cap space, not to mention signing him two years early. If zeke didn’t throw his diva hissy fit you know as well as I do that Dak would have been signed. Hell, I’m almost positive that’s why zeke’s agent told him to sit out with two years left, he knew the money would get tight after signing Dak.

Every time I call one of you guys liars you resort back to "you should know all about that". I'm a liar all of a sudden. I'm only a liar when I call y'all liars even though y'all have nothing to prove I actually lied about anything.

That's an excuse. Stop giving this organizations excuses....they could've re-signed Zeke and Dak. You are creating these narratives to excuse this crappy organization.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apples and oranges. I’m not going to look it up because it has absolutely nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Lol.lol
So what on earth does a running back leading the league in rushing have to do with Super Bowl champions? If the Buccaneers had a healthy Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffery they would've lost the Super Bowl?

aria

Reaction score
Every time I call one of you guys liars you resort back to "you should know all about that". I'm a liar all of a sudden. I'm only a liar when I call y'all liars even though y'all have nothing to prove I actually lied about anything.

That's an excuse. Stop giving this organizations excuses....they could've re-signed Zeke and Dak. You are creating these narratives to excuse this crappy organization.
Wow! So I’m not the only one? That should tell you something and only confirms what I already know about you. There’s nothing all of the sudden about it. I swear you’re altered half the time you post or you have some sort of amnesia because it’s almost as if you have no idea what I’m talking about or referring to when I call you a liar. I’m “almost” concerned for you.

It is a crappy organization but it’s hardly an excuse.

aria

Reaction score
So what on earth does a running back leading the league in rushing have to do with Super Bowl champions? If the Buccaneers had a healthy Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffery they would've lost the Super Bowl?
No, my comment was in reference to a couple of zeke’s last few followers defending his contract because of his rushing titles. Contrary to what you think and say, TB wouldn’t have been able to field the same roster while also having the highest paid RB in the league on their team. Money not well spent, total waste.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20. That's all this is, the hindsight draft. It shows the Cowboys did well by drafting half of the top 4 picks overall.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, my comment was in reference to a couple of zeke’s last few followers defending his contract because of his rushing titles. Contrary to what you think and say, TB wouldn’t have been able to field the same roster while also having the highest paid RB in the league on their team. Money not well spent, total waste.

So if they had Christian McCaffery instead Suh, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette would they have lost to the Chiefs?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow! So I’m not the only one? That should tell you something and only confirms what I already know about you. There’s nothing all of the sudden about it. I swear you’re altered half the time you post or you have some sort of amnesia because it’s almost as if you have no idea what I’m talking about or referring to when I call you a liar. I’m “almost” concerned for you.

It is a crappy organization but it’s hardly an excuse.
I have a hard time remembering information that’s not important for some reason.....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But isn't a re-do based on what the players have done since coming into the league? Dak did NOTHING in college worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in a re-do. That is solely based on what he has done since being in the league.

Hence, Henry should go before Zeke in a re-do because Henry is considered a better back than Zeke right now.

Zeke's position is based on what he has done since coming into the league. He has 500 more yards than Henry overall, and he's been one of the top backs in the league.

But I agree with you. I'd go with the ascending player. Both would be first-round picks, though. However, again I will point out if Henry had been used as much as Elliott his first couple of years, he might not be an ascending player now. Their power running styles are not conducive to longevity.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If they passed on Ramsey for Zeke in a re-draft it would show how clueless Dallas' front office is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1st and 4th overall picks to the Cowboys. That was a great haul in 2016.

Motorola

Reaction score
Of course.
Hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to reviewing a previous draft.

Just saying in terms of draft ranking for 2016 and a draft redo I wouldn't take Zeke at 4th overall with others still on the board.
I agree with you on that; but remember.... Elliott was selected to be the final piece \ linchpin in creating a formidable ground attack (1st round OLine picks Smith, Frederick, and Martin chosen in the previous four drafts) to enhance the play action passing game for Romo.
I recall in the weeks leading up to that Ramsey was the preferred choice by most of the Cowboys fans ....and the mostly negative reaction when the Cowboys turned in the card for Zeke.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Zeke's position is based on what he has done since coming into the league. He has 500 more yards than Henry overall, and he's been one of the top backs in the league.

But I agree with you. I'd go with the ascending player. Both would be first-round picks, though. However, again I will point out if Henry had been used as much as Elliott his first couple of years, he might not be an ascending player now. Their power running styles are not conducive to longevity.

I think if Zeke had gone to a team like the Ravens or, yes, even the Titans, he would be a more dynamic back than he is now. I just don't think the Cowboys' climate is conducive for a lot of players. There are certain players like John Elway, Ronnie Lott, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton who transcend a culture. Then, there are other players who succumb to it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Cowboys have a lazy culture. We need a culture that directs players to the asthma field.

aria

Reaction score
I have a hard time remembering information that’s not important for some reason.....
None of what anyone says here is important. More like you have a hard time remembering your own lies because you tell so many.