Twitter: NFL 2016 Redraft - Dak goes 1 to Rams and 4 still Zeke to Cowboys

erod

Reaction score
Adjusting for age and proven production, here are who I'd take over Dak if I was building a team today.

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Allen
5. Watson
6. Prescott
You would take Herbert and Burrow, too, in a nanosecond. Lawrence and Zach Wilson as well.

Especially if you had to pay $40+ million a year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Adjusting for age and proven production, here are who I'd take over Dak if I was building a team today.

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Allen
5. Watson
6. Prescott
A much more fair and reasonable list. Personally I think Allen, Watson and Prescott are of the same caliber but I can understand taking one over the other.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
You would take Herbert and Burrow, too, in a nanosecond. Lawrence and Zach Wilson as well.

Especially if you had to pay $40+ million a year.
Lawrence and Wilson haven't taken a NFL snap. Only 20% of first round QBs pan out, so no I wouldn't.

Herbert and Burrow, we've only seen a season or less of production at the NFL level, so no I wouldn't.

erod

Reaction score
Lawrence and Wilson haven't taken a NFL snap. Only 20% of first round QBs pan out, so no I wouldn't.

Herbert and Burrow, we've only seen a season or less of production at the NFL level, so no I wouldn't.
Herbert was spectacular for a rookie. Big time throws. Burrow was, too, on a horrible team until he got hurt.

GMs would gladly take Lawrence over Dak. 32 out of 32 of them. Most world take Wilson, too.

Dak is what he is, and he was losing mobility even before he got hurt. Clearly doesn't like to run anymore.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Herbert was spectacular for a rookie. Big time throws. Burrow was, too, on a horrible team until he got hurt.

GMs would gladly take Lawrence over Dak. 32 out of 32 of them. Most world take Wilson, too.

Dak is what he is, and he was losing mobility even before he got hurt. Clearly doesn't like to run anymore.
He was on track for 58 rushes before he got hurt, more than 2016, 2017, and 2019. Only ran more times in 2018.

Dak is what he is, a franchise QB.

Remove the contract factor and no team would take an unproven rookie over Dak.

Herbert and Burrow were spectacular for rookies, sure - Dak has been spectacular for 5 seasons now, and was more spectacular than either as a rookie.

erod

Reaction score
He was on track for 58 rushes before he got hurt, more than 2016, 2017, and 2019. Only ran more times in 2018.

Dak is what he is, a franchise QB.

Remove the contract factor and no team would take an unproven rookie over Dak.

Herbert and Burrow were spectacular for rookies, sure - Dak has been spectacular for 5 seasons now, and was more spectacular than either as a rookie.
He hasn't been spectacular since the league figured him out late his time season.

Good, but not great. He's a franchise-ish quarterback at $20 million a year. He's a liability at $40 million.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He hasn't been spectacular since the league figured him out late his time season.

Good, but not great. He's a franchise-ish quarterback at $20 million a year. He's a liability at $40 million.
We will never agree lol. He has performed extremely well since we got him a #1 WR in Cooper.

erod

Reaction score
Do you still think 32 of 32 GMs would take Lawrence over Dak?

We're paying him $75m this season, on top of a $66m signing bonus.
Absolutely, including Jerry in a second.

He just doesn't have that option, and he doesn't know what to do. So he'll sell more jerseys. That's all he knows how to do.

2 years for $80 million. Lol, Jerry just got beat on every point.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Absolutely, including Jerry in a second.

He just doesn't have that option, and he doesn't know what to do. So he'll sell more jerseys. That's all he knows how to do.

2 years for $80 million. Lol, Jerry just got beat on every point.
If the NFL shut down in January 2022, Dak will have been paid $141mn on this deal, if I a not mistaken....

So you could also view it as 1 year, $141mn.

Just to cheer you up bro... haha.

erod

Reaction score
You were saying? :lmao2:
What they did is even worse. Basically pushed it past Jerry's life expectancy because he's beyond desperate. Now, when the team has a chance to be good again, it'll kick in. Just more of the same imbecilic futility.

I don't expect you to understand this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What they did is even worse. Basically pushed it past Jerry's life expectancy because he's beyond desperate. Now, when the team has a chance to be good again, it'll kick in. Just more of the same imbecilic futility.

I don't expect you to understand this.
Is this your way of saying you had no idea what you were talking about? If so, I agree. You have absolutely no idea what your'e referencing. You're out of your league it seems.