NFL and NFLPA joint agreement on pain management, potentially including marijuana

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can I come to the party if I can get a ride?
I'm trying to borrow a scooter.
I'm waiting on my buddy, Terrance, to call me back... lol.

If so, I'll be the big white guy wearing a beer helmet with more than a "dime bag" of weed
in my pocket and towing a trailer with a keg of beer. I'm also bringing a bottle for @Hennessy_King
as payment for services rendered.

We can all hit the strip club after the party. Henny's driving... lol.
Time and place I'm in there lol

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Long told Patrick:

“I certainly enjoyed my fair share on a regular basis through my career. If not for that, I’m not as capable of coping with the stresses of the day-to-day NFL life.”

“The league, speaking plainly, knows damn well what they’re doing. Testing players once a year for ‘street drugs,’ which is a terrible classification for marijuana, is kinda silly because players know when the test is. We can stop.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Long told Patrick:

“I certainly enjoyed my fair share on a regular basis through my career. If not for that, I’m not as capable of coping with the stresses of the day-to-day NFL life.”

“The league, speaking plainly, knows damn well what they’re doing. Testing players once a year for ‘street drugs,’ which is a terrible classification for marijuana, is kinda silly because players know when the test is. We can stop.

So they smoke marijuana to get "high" because they can't deal with the "stresses of the day-to-day NFL life"?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Would mortality rate suffice?
In Colorado...

"The 2013-16 period saw a 40 percent increase in the number of all drivers involved in fatal crashes in Colorado, from 627 to 880, according to the NHTSA data. Those who tested positive for alcohol in fatal crashes from 2013 to 2015 — figures for 2016 were not available — grew 17 percent, from 129 to 151.

By contrast, the number of drivers who tested positive for marijuana use jumped 145 percent — from 47 in 2013 to 115 in 2016."

Looks like mortality rates (vehicle accidents) caused by drivers under the influence of marijuana are starting to seriously catch up to alcohol based accidents.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/amp/

Sinister

Reaction score
So they smoke marijuana to get "high" because they can't deal with the "stresses of the day-to-day NFL life"?

"Cannabinoids are potent anti-inflammatory agents" -- National Institute of Health

"Although current studies suggest that cannabinoids are useful therapeutic agents in the treatment of various anti-inflammatory disorders further evaluation of the mechanisms that account for their anti-inflammatory properties is necessary."--NIH

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"Cannabinoids are potent anti-inflammatory agents" -- National Institute of Health

"Although current studies suggest that cannabinoids are useful therapeutic agents in the treatment of various anti-inflammatory disorders further evaluation of the mechanisms that account for their anti-inflammatory properties is necessary."--NIH

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614
Ok. So why not just prescribe it to those who truly need it?

Sinister

Reaction score
In Colorado...

"The 2013-16 period saw a 40 percent increase in the number of all drivers involved in fatal crashes in Colorado, from 627 to 880, according to the NHTSA data. Those who tested positive for alcohol in fatal crashes from 2013 to 2015 — figures for 2016 were not available — grew 17 percent, from 129 to 151.

By contrast, the number of drivers who tested positive for marijuana use jumped 145 percent — from 47 in 2013 to 115 in 2016."

Looks like mortality rates (vehicle accidents) caused by drivers under the influence of marijuana are starting to seriously catch up to alcohol based accidents.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/amp/

From the article you posted:
"Law enforcement officials, prosecutors and public policy makers concede there’s still too little information about marijuana and how it’s detected to understand just how much the drug is affecting traffic fatalities. Even coroners who occasionally test for the drug bicker over whether to include pot on a driver’s death certificate."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
From the article you posted:
"Law enforcement officials, prosecutors and public policy makers concede there’s still too little information about marijuana and how it’s detected to understand just how much the drug is affecting traffic fatalities. Even coroners who occasionally test for the drug bicker over whether to include pot on a driver’s death certificate."
Yet, the driving fatality rates of those under marijuana influence is drastically on the rise in Colorado. Almost as high as those alcohol induced fatalities. Coincidence? I think not. We can all see what is truly happening and why.

Sinister

Reaction score
Yet, the driving fatality rates of those under marijuana influence is drastically on the rise in Colorado. Almost as high as those alcohol induced fatalities. Coincidence? I think not. We can all see what is truly happening and why.

Articles are all anecdotal evidence until there are true scientific studies. Also that article you posted is two years old.

Sinister

Reaction score
Yet, certain states have been prescribing marijuana for several years now. Federal laws be damned.

Did you read the article, Doctors cannot prescribe marijuana and it differs from state to state.

"Federal court decision found that while a prescription for cannabis is unlawful, a recommendation is allowed..."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Articles are all anecdotal evidence until there are true scientific studies. Also that article you posted is two years old.
(In bold^^^) That should alarm you. The article is two years old, yet the stats undeniably show a drastic increase of marijuana-induced fatality rates from year to year (2013 - 2016) in Colorado alone. Can you imagine how much higher they are today only two years later?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you read the article, Doctors cannot prescribe marijuana and it differs from state to state.

"Federal court decision found that while a prescription for cannabis is unlawful, a recommendation is allowed..."
In California, Oklahoma and several other states, marijuana is allowed to be prescribed.

Sinister

Reaction score

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

States are not bound by a Federal court decision. Which is why many states are allowing the use of MJ. State rights apply.

Sinister

Reaction score
States are not bound by a Federal court decision. Which is why many states are allowing the use of MJ. State rights apply.

I'm sorry you are wrong, states are bound by Federal Court decisions, however; the Attorney General can decide if he wants to prosecute or not.