NFL broadcast in 4k/Ultra HD?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I'm a UK based fan and lots of our sports are broadcast in 4k (ultra HD). Things such as football (or what you call soccer) and Formula 1 are examples.

I'm a huge fan of 4k and can't figure our why the NFL with their huge cash resource don't broadcast in 4k. it's not new technology as I've been watching 4k for a while now, 3 or 4 years I reckon.

Can I ask a couple of questions.....

• Do you get other sports in the US on 4k and just not NFL?
  • Is this something being talked about coming soon?

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm a UK based fan and lots of our sports are broadcast in 4k (ultra HD). Things such as football (or what you call soccer) and Formula 1 are examples.

I'm a huge fan of 4k and can't figure our why the NFL with their huge cash resource don't broadcast in 4k. it's not new technology as I've been watching 4k for a while now, 3 or 4 years I reckon.

Can I ask a couple of questions.....

• Do you get other sports in the US on 4k and just not NFL?
  • Is this something being talked about coming soon?

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts.
That’s a great question.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I feel a little like the teacher in Ferris Buellers Day Off............................Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

So I've done a bit of research and it's down to the technology is better here in the UK! Guess no American want's to hear their country isn't at the cutting edge of technology anymore but there you have it. Does seem really strange that none of the US networks have got on top of this given it's been common here in the UK for a good while now.

Given the speed of the NFL/ the close proximity of players on the field/ helmet wearing I reckon UHD would be better for the NFL than the sports I watch here in the UK. The clarity/ detail are superb and would be terrific in the NFL.

Anyway.............fingers crossed it comes soon, it's a game changer I promise!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I feel a little like the teacher in Ferris Buellers Day Off............................Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

So I've done a bit of research and it's down to the technology is better here in the UK! Guess no American want's to hear their country isn't at the cutting edge of technology anymore but there you have it. Does seem really strange that none of the US networks have got on top of this given it's been common here in the UK for a good while now.

Given the speed of the NFL/ the close proximity of players on the field/ helmet wearing I reckon UHD would be better for the NFL than the sports I watch here in the UK. The clarity/ detail are superb and would be terrific in the NFL.

Anyway.............fingers crossed it comes soon, it's a game changer I promise!

Sky have long been ahead of the rest when it come to new technologies regarding satellite tv and picture quality in general.
It’s noticeable though that since Comcast bought out BSKYB, the roll out of UHD has slowed down a bit… there’s been less cricket in UHD and fewer films in UHD.
One theory that was mentioned before on Sky News about the lack of UHD in America, was because in general their internet speeds are slower than the UK’s, mainly because of the sheer size of the country, and therefore people would be struggling with streaming UHD.
It’s a shame because the NFL and NHL would be amazing in UHD.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This will not kick in until the new TV deal.
It's not technology but contract language.
NFL Network has no 4K outlet but the other networks all have that ability.

Select college games already show in 4K on the same networks.

NFL games are all filmed in 8k.