NFL Championship Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Now the questions will come - is Rodgers that great? Sure after the SB win he was widely lauded as "elite".
But his overall playoff record is a pedestrian 10-7, take away the SB winning year, he's 6-7 in the playoffs. Not impressive. Joe Flacco isn't thought of as elite, but his playoff record is 10-5, take away the SB win he's 6-5, percentage-wise better than Rodgers.

Now Flacco had a great defense around him several years, Rodgers not so much. So that factors in, and it's not just playoff wins that get you to elite level, I get that,

And I'm not saying whether he's elite or not, just saying if he doesn't win more SBs or lots more playoff games, regardless of his overall performance, his reputation will tarnish in a lot of people's eyes...

Oneiros

Reaction score
Former Cowboys in the Super Bowl

Chiefs
  • Matt Moore
  • Anthony Hitchens
  • Damian Wilson
  • Morris Claiborne
  • Charvarius Ward
  • Mike Weber

49ers
  • Mark Nzeocha
  • Damontre Moore
Just shows you what a difference good coaching can make.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
God!! I hope the Chiefs can win this Super Bowl. Seeing the 49ers celebrate? Makes me...
giphy.gif

I’m going Chiefs all the way, want Reid to finally win the big one

Kwyn

Reaction score
Who wins multiple in today’s game? Other than the pats no ones a back to back participant let alone a back to back winner. You play to win one and go from there

yeah,
So Rodgers made some mistakes. Nobody’s denying that. They lost because of their defense.

the Packers offense scored 20 points, most of them way too late and honestly, if the 49ers weren’t so far ahead, I don’t think the Pack score more than 10-13 points in this game.

This was like the Ravens game when Lamar had a bunch of empty stats because the game was over before he got going and the defense was giving him plenty of room to operate.

If a team don’t even score until halfway through the third quarter you have problems. If Rodgers has been capable and able to put up some points early the game might have gone a different direction

in both playoff games Mahomes teams fell behind and then exploded on offense. Pack needed Rodgers to channel some Mahomes today and he couldn’t do it.

I originally said the packs defensive front and QB failed them so there’s certainly plenty of blame to go around. Just a poor performance by the entire team.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a great QB and one of the greatest to ever live. It was not all McCarthys fault as Ted Thompson contributed to the lack fo talent around him. McCarthys error was in his lack of change and keeping non producing assistant when they should have been let go. Hate him all you want. But if Aaron Rodgers was on the Cowboys, you would be singing a different tune. Vikings fans hated Favre with a passion but the minute he put on purple, you would have thought he was drafted and played with them his entire career.
Of course. I imagine the list of people who wouldn’t jump for joy if Rodgers was a Cowboy is very small and those are simply victims of their passion and not thinking with their heads :)

but today, he played poorly. It happens. Just tough for Pack fans that it happened in such a big game.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Just shows you what a difference good coaching can make.

I must have missed the big plays those guys were making today. Hitchens had a few tackles. Wilson had a decent game in a so so year.

most of the rest on that list didn’t even play today.

“being on the team” is not an indication of good coaching

johneric8

Reaction score
I watched Aaron Rodgers make some awful throws tonight! I heard here he was a elite and infallible...

what tonight showed, is the best quarterback on the field doesn't always win! It's a team sport and the better team and coaches have an advantage... End of the story goodnight.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I watched Aaron Rodgers make some awful throws tonight! I heard here he was a elite and infallible...

what tonight showed, is the best quarterback on the field doesn't always win! It's a team sport and the better team and coaches have an advantage... End of the story goodnight.
Not sure why fans thought Rodgers would play well against a very good D. He’s just not as great as fans think.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It is.

Remember when the 9ers went 3 and out on the first series, and then hit 2 big pass plays the second series?

What does that have to do with anything? They also ran it 25 straight times down their throat into a run defense averaging over 6 yards a carry

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? They also ran it 25 straight times down their throat into a run defense averaging over 6 yards a carry
Uh, the Packers never adjusted and overplayed the run. The 9ers ran into positive fronts the entire game b/c the Packers sat in nickel.

Honestly it was one of the worst defensive schemes and efforts I've ever seen. But it was because they got two explosive plays with the pass.

You pass to set up the run in today's NFL. You can win without running (Chiefs), but you absolutely can't win without a passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.