Twitter: NFL Draft Insider Mockingbird Draft (6 Jan 2017)

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Has us losing the SB and drafting Edge Demarcus Walker, FSU @31st overall.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Not a bad pick. Appears to be RKG and I saw an interview with him. He really likes football I got from the interview.

The Realist

Reaction score
Walker and Harold Landry were the most disruptive DL in college this year. I know we need a more pure speed/bend RDE but I would take Walker at 32 no problem. Anyone who thinks he will fall to bottom of 2 are out of there minds unless there is an off the field issue.

Jack Crawford has started 10 games at RDE for us and he's mediocre at best. I would start Walker at RDE and kick him inside on nickel next to Collins. There's more than one way to rush the QB and immediate pressure in his face with nowhere to step up is great. Our DE's would benefit greatly from having two quick inside pass rushers.

1st: Lawrence Collins McClain Walker

2nd: Irving Crawford Thorn Mayo/Tapp

Nickel: Irving Collins Walker Mayo/Tapp

RandyOh

Reaction score

bodi

Reaction score
that safety could be on the team Kavon Frazier

Frazier garnered second-team All-MAC recognition in his senior season (led team with 108 tackles

Strengths Has the physical build of a grown, NFL man with broad shoulders and muscular frame. Classic, height/weight/speed prospect. Comes downhill looking for work in run support. Explodes through his target as a hitter and looks to make statements. Has experience high and low as a safety. Good stop-start foot quickness for a big safety

SLB Brandon Bell, OLB, 6-1 #235 Penn ST

RandyOh

Reaction score
that safety could be on the team Kavon Frazier

Frazier garnered second-team All-MAC recognition in his senior season (led team with 108 tackles

Strengths Has the physical build of a grown, NFL man with broad shoulders and muscular frame. Classic, height/weight/speed prospect. Comes downhill looking for work in run support. Explodes through his target as a hitter and looks to make statements. Has experience high and low as a safety. Good stop-start foot quickness for a big safety

SLB Brandon Bell, OLB, 6-1 #235 Penn ST
Possibly. I like Frazier. Was the only one talking about him the draft chat last year. Maybe we keep Church on a short contract and continue to develop Frazier. His pro comp is Barry Church with more athleticism. Mine as well let him keep learning from his own pro comp.

I keep seeing you mock Brandon Bell. I need to look him up.

ghst187

Reaction score
Walker and Harold Landry were the most disruptive DL in college this year. I know we need a more pure speed/bend RDE but I would take Walker at 32 no problem. Anyone who thinks he will fall to bottom of 2 are out of there minds unless there is an off the field issue.

Jack Crawford has started 10 games at RDE for us and he's mediocre at best. I would start Walker at RDE and kick him inside on nickel next to Collins. There's more than one way to rush the QB and immediate pressure in his face with nowhere to step up is great. Our DE's would benefit greatly from having two quick inside pass rushers.

Totally agree. I love Walker. Would love him more in the second but he won't last that long. He isn't that pure speed rusher but he is versatile and will get to the QB from any position along the DL. Bottom line, the guy is a stud.

visionary

Reaction score

Agree
Just get pressure players on DL who also okay the run

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This guy has become one of my favorites in the draft. I'm afraid with a good combine performance he may shoot up boards and not fall to the Cowboys.