NFL expected to eliminate all blind side blocks

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s a dirty and dangerous play. Sad you like to see guys injured unnecessarily.
it is, and should be,,, guys get payed millions and have a choice on rather or not to participate.
Its a gladiator sport, or at least once upon a time it was.
There once was a time when this game was actually played for the love of the game, and a lot of those players wore leather helmets at the time.

JayFord

Reaction score
You can’t play football and block without attacking someones blindside at times

I can see if it’s no where near the play....but let’s take Golden Tate/Lee hit......is Tate supposed to wait until lee sees him? Aslong as you’re a threat to make the tackle whether the hit is blindside or not should not matter

How about they teach fundamentals in the 20 years I’ve played peewee, middle school, high school and semi pro the first rule is keeping your head on a swivel

People who haven’t played football shouldn’t make rules

Last edited:

OldCoach

Reaction score
It gets flagged almost every time anyways. I think even when the defender is part of the play offensive players should be able to use better technique and not blow up the defender.

OldCoach

Reaction score
You can’t play football and block without attacking someones blindside at times

I can see if it’s no where near the play....but let’s take Golden Tate/Lee hit......is Tate supposed to wait until lee sees him? Aslong as you’re a threat to make the tackle whether the hit is blindside or not should not matter

How about they teach fundamentals in the 20 years I’ve played peewee, middle school, high school and semi pro the first rule is keeping your head on a swivel

People who haven’t played football shouldn’t make rules
Easy. Use your hands for the block and not your body.