NFL expected to eliminate all blind side blocks

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Shoot -- it's gettin' to where they can't even play dirty anymore without gettin' in trouble! They're taking all the fun out of it . . .:thumbdown:

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do feel the targeting rule is necessary and should be enforced better but the blindside? It is the responsibility of the defender not to get blocked and being concerned with blindsides takes the edge from the offense and gives it to the defense. If the blindside is not with the helmet or at the knees, see targeting rule, that's football.

kskboys

Reaction score
Completely agree. The roughing the passer garbage ruins the game. Cam Newton is 250 pounds. How do you not hit him hard and expect a player like that to go down?

Roger G is a cancer on this game. Will it eventually ruin the league? Maybe.
Goodell? What's he got to do w/ this?

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve said this so many times

Cam Newton is bigger than most defenders outside of the dline

How is a corner coming on a blitz who’s 180 pounds supposed to get this man to the ground using little to no force?
Form tackling.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Exactly. They will eventually try to eliminate tackling. How does anyone believe these new “rules” will be enforced well when you see the garabage they pull to protect QBs? The answer is not changing the rules constantly the answer is making the fines huge for dirty plays. That will reduce the dirty plays. This new rule will be another disaster.
The NFL protects their income, their profits, they could care less about the individual player, unless of course that player generates millions in revenue for the NFL on name sake.
If Brady, Roth, Rodgers, etc were to get hurt and have to end their career, the NFL would loose huge money.
Don't think for one minute that this is some sympathetic league, this is just business.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Now you can’t block, can’t hit the QB or land body weight on him, can’t touch WR, what’s next???? Gimme a break!!
Just change it to two hand touch. It’s supposed to be a man’s game!! Instead it’s a sissy league every sense the concussion law suit.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That rule makes more sense than the ticky-tak illegal contact rules called against defensive players. Can't wait to see some of the flops by players with this rule.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree. It’s a dirty play and I’m all for it being eliminated from the game.

It's not a dirty play. If a player is going to tackle your player and he happens to not be looking tough, are you suppose to allow him to make the tackle? Away from the play? Yes I'm all for banning that.

Dre11

Reaction score
Easy. Use your hands for the block and not your body.

Lol...good luck trying to use your hands on an athlete today bearing down to make a tackle and you'll come away with a snapped wrist....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been a football junkie my whole life.

Watched about 20% of what I normally do this year.

The product sucks.
So, whatcha watching instead?Or are you just spendin more quality time with family or pick up a new hobby. Ha

Dre11

Reaction score
It gets flagged almost every time anyways. I think even when the defender is part of the play offensive players should be able to use better technique and not blow up the defender.

There is no technique when these big strong athletes are moving fast but to try and run through them. Otherwise you'll end up hurt.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's not a dirty play. If a player is going to tackle your player and he happens to not be looking tough, are you suppose to allow him to make the tackle? Away from the play? Yes I'm all for banning that.

Sure it’s not a dirty play... it’s cheap and completely unnecessary and IMO should be emliminated from the game. 1 play is not worth the potential loss of a player long term.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I want blood and guts on the field ,limbs mangled and players paralyzed. Now that’s Football. Lol

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Another thread for the game has lost me as fan crowd.

You say you’ll leave

But....
funny how people turn it around on people who legitimately complain about what THEY consider important to the game as they see it.... as if opinions such as yours supersedes theirs or something :cool:

WAY too many rules already, this is just another one that takes away from the game.

and although I myself haven't "left" i most certainly don't watch the game anywhere close to what I used to. I used to go to bars, friends, search for links on internet, and any other means to watch not just our cowboys but multiple teams play. Now I will miss even Cowboys games that are broadcast in my area if I have something else to do. I just will catch the highlights and scores later.

The game is so watered down now. Like cars of today, it is just a shell of itself compared to yesterday's NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
funny how people turn it around on people who legitimately complain about what THEY consider important to the game as they see it.... as if opinions such as yours supersedes theirs or something :cool:

WAY too many rules already, this is just another one that takes away from the game.

and although I myself haven't "left" i most certainly don't watch the game anywhere close to what I used to go to bars, friends, search for links on internet, and any other means to watch not just our cowboys but multiple teams play. Now I will miss even Cowboys games that are broadcast in my area if I have something else to do. I just will catch the highlights and scores later.

The game is so watered down now. Like cars of today, it is just a shell of itself compared to yesterday's NFL.
It’s called evolving to keep up with the times. There’s more at stake now than just a football game.

And this threat of leaving is just to encourage others to join in their misery. If you want to leave. Please do but don’t expect everyone to follow. Some fans tolerate the watered down version.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry football purist but the NFL hasn’t been just a football league for a very long time. It’s evolved into the greatest Sports Entertainment entity in the world.

And we’ve all contributed to it. The powers that be are simply protecting their investment.