NFL expected to eliminate all blind side blocks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you don’t think the political correctness and gentler NFL comes from the top down you have not been paying attention.
That’s correct . But the top down begins with the owners. The Commish is just pushing their agenda.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It’s called evolving to keep up with the times. There’s more at stake now than just a football game.
LOL that is funny but you are probably right, kinda goes with the snowflake mentality of this me generation. someone might be offended seeing a guy get hit.

106.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol...good luck trying to use your hands on an athlete today bearing down to make a tackle and you'll come away with a snapped wrist....lol
Not if you're coming from the side. Players do it all the time to push guys OB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL that is funny but you are probably right, kinda goes with the snowflake mentality of this me generation. someone might be offended seeing a guy get hit.

106.gif
It’s not just that but the owners are intent on protecting their investment.

They have 100 million dollar guys who could be hit ending their careers, lessening the value of their franchise costing them tens of millions.

Not to mention potential lawsuits and sponsors not wanting to be associated with.

As always follow the money trail. That’s all this is about.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol...good luck trying to use your hands on an athlete today bearing down to make a tackle and you'll come away with a snapped wrist....lol
Someone bearing down on you to make a tackle will break your wrist if you use your hands to avoid it? Might as well eliminate the stiff arm now. Got to protect those wrists.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Roger is more than the patsy. That guy plays a big role.
He’s simply administering the owners wishes. His biggest role is shielding the owners from the blame.

Everyone hates him instead of the 32 owners he’s representing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Personally, I think the focus should be on the officials "ability" to call penalties. Can the handle anymore rules?

Last edited:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not just that but the owners are intent on protecting their investment.

They have 100 million dollar guys who could be hit ending their careers, lessening the value of their franchise costing them tens of millions.

Not to mention potential lawsuits and sponsors not wanting to be associated with.

As always follow the money trail. That’s all this is about.
Well obviously didn't read the details of what they plan on calling but deliberate excessive blocks - maybe but for light to moderate (majority) of blindsided blocks are needed, I mean what you supposed to do? Yell "hey look at me before I hit you!!"?

They need to fish out a good number of penalties and take the refs out of the game. Right now, as we saw last few years, too many games decided by penalties

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well obviously didn't read the details of what they plan on calling but deliberate excessive blocks - maybe but for light to moderate (majority) of blindsided blocks are needed, I mean what you supposed to do? Yell "hey look at me before I hit you!!"?

They need to fish out a good number of penalties and take the refs out of the game. Right now, as we saw last few years, too many games decided by penalties
It is what it is. There’s no going back unless you take the money out of the league.

conner01

Reaction score
Agree..it's 9 times out of 10 an unnecessary block to begin with..just a reason to blow a guy up.
As long as they allow you to block but eliminate blowing the guy up
If you just stand there and let defend run into you that shouldn’t be a penalty
Blocking can be very effective just getting in a guys way
The ideal is for safety and I get that

kskboys

Reaction score
As long as they allow you to block but eliminate blowing the guy up
If you just stand there and let defend run into you that shouldn’t be a penalty
Blocking can be very effective just getting in a guys way
The ideal is for safety and I get that
When Tate blew Lee up, simply blocking him would've had the same result.