NFL expected to eliminate all blind side blocks

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I didn’t get to read the article last night, so I read it today and it seems that the coaches are the ones pushing to eliminate the blindside block.

Lots of belly aching in this thread

kskboys

Reaction score
Whatever Sherlock.
Strange response. Are you really that unaware of the structure of businesses? I mean, this one is really obvious. Are you so caught up in your hate for this obviously hired gun that you can't see the truth? Very strange stuff.

ESisback

Reaction score
Strange response. Are you really that unaware of the structure of businesses? I mean, this one is really obvious. Are you so caught up in your hate for this obviously hired gun that you can't see the truth? Very strange stuff.

He knows. He just doesn’t wanna admit you’re right! People don’t generally like a vague, undefined group of villains hiding in the shadows, behind smiles and fake smiles. They want a fire breathing, over the top, obviously evil Darth Hitler!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The game has to get safer to survive. There will be some missteps in those efforts but this is not one of them.

People better make peace with that. The long-term health of the game is in jeopardy. Insurance companies have refused to insure community college teams and Pop Warner leagues. Division II, III, and NAIA programs are in jeopardy because they are not high revenue creators.

If you love this game like I do, you're going to need to adjust to the idea that it is going to change some. Tackle football before the age of 12 is probably going to be gone within 10 years. You can call it wussification, and you may not be wrong, but it's the reality of the game's future.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I understand the chain of command just fine. I usually like your posts but you have a tendency to be pretty condescending at times. I kept my last post simple out of respect rather than blasting you for being a condescending azz clown.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I've been a football junkie my whole life.

Watched about 20% of what I normally do this year.

The product sucks.

This sums it up for me as well.

What a joke this league is becoming. If these guys want to play patty cake, they can go work at a preschool. Of course the pay is not as great.

Dre11

Reaction score
Sure it’s not a dirty play... it’s cheap and completely unnecessary and IMO should be emliminated from the game. 1 play is not worth the potential loss of a player long term.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Lee hit. You're there to do a job, Lee is making that tackle, you hit him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Not if you're coming from the side. Players do it all the time to push guys OB.

You're not pushing a player bearing down on a tackle, I've seen wrists broken in HS, and that isn't no where here the NFL.

Dre11

Reaction score
Someone bearing down on you to make a tackle will break your wrist if you use your hands to avoid it? Might as well eliminate the stiff arm now. Got to protect those wrists.

Lol...you don't know much football do you? Stiff arms are usually to the face mask or up around the helmet, throwing a block to the face gets you a flag,....lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're not pushing a player bearing down on a tackle, I've seen wrists broken in HS, and that isn't no where here the NFL.
You're not going against the force of the tackle though, you're going from the side of someone who isn't even looking in most cases, where much less force is required to block him. That's why they go down so much harder than most blocks, and why blindside blocks are dangerous.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they cant even officiate the game now with all the rules they have so lets ad some more

Dre11

Reaction score
You're not going against the force of the tackle though, you're going from the side of someone who isn't even looking in most cases, where much less force is required to block him. That's why they go down so much harder than most blocks, and why blindside blocks are dangerous.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I can go either way on this rule but the game for safety reasons has changed and I bet the 60's and 70's guys are saying something like "REALLY" why could this and all these other changes not happen when I played. Except the DB's back in the day they could maul a receiver to death compared to now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand the chain of command just fine. I usually like your posts but you have a tendency to be pretty condescending at times. I kept my last post simple out of respect rather than blasting you for being a condescending azz clown.
Curious why you don’t hold the Mob ( owners) more responsible than their hired Hit Man ( commissioner)??

Dre11

Reaction score
You're not coming directly from the side, you have to come from the front side of the shoulder to make that crushing block or it's a penalty anyways, we're not talking about the same block. You're hardly ever going to be able to come directly from the side. Most times you're at a angle front or back

Dre11

Reaction score
Also, are we now eliminating blindside tackles on a runner, because those are just as vicious. You start to increase the chances for more injuries because you got players now playing passively

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol...you don't know much football do you? Stiff arms are usually to the face mask or up around the helmet, throwing a block to the face gets you a flag,....lol
You have no sense of humor do you?