NFL expected to eliminate all blind side blocks

Dre11

Reaction score
You have no sense of humor do you?

Where was the humor in how you presented your post? " got to protect those wrists" with the stiff arm reference? If it was humor I apologize, but I didn't get it.
But back to the game, force the players to wear the equipment and wear it right will cut down on injuries from hard hits.

Dre11

Reaction score
When Tate blew Lee up, simply blocking him would've had the same result.

Lol....Lee would have absolutely ran his little a** over had he just simply blocked him, the problem with the block was bending down for leverage and using the head, if he simply runs through him, there's no issue

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I sure wish these fans would leave the NFL.

I’m tired of them driving up prices for a product they don’t enjoy watching anymore.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Also, are we now eliminating blindside tackles on a runner, because those are just as vicious. You start to increase the chances for more injuries because you got players now playing passively
I don't think it's going to include tackles, as runners are expecting (or should be) to get hit at any time, from any angle.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to include tackles, as runners are expecting (or should be) to get hit at any time, from any angle.

Same as a tackler, you're taught from midget football on up to keep your head on a swivel. And even as a runner you can be blindsided whether you expect it or not.

erod

Reaction score
You've been about done for years. When will your actions back your words?
It already has to a large degree. I watched a fraction of what I used to this year, and really didn't miss it.

This is just an another arbitrary rule that they can call "when they feel like it."

I do understand they're panicking because youth football participation is WAY down.

But this just isn't anything close to the league that the triplets played in.

Frankly, it's boring.

CPanther95

Reaction score
A “ dirty” play is a subjective description which doesn’t necessarily define illegal or flagrant foul/penalty.

True, it's a moral designation.

... and morally there's nothing wrong with performing a legal maneuver that can help you win the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is a worthwhile rule though. The blindside is one of the easiest ones to suffer devastating injury one. Think Jeff Heath nearly killing that Seahawks special team player years ago, or Golden Tate blowing up Sean Lee.

I don't agree. The Tate hit was illegal when it happened and no flag was thrown so that has nothing, at all to do with anything IMO. If you don't call the penalty, then what good is it?

Blindside blocks are part of the game to me and if you eliminate them, all you are doing is removing one more obstacle to slow down the rush. It essentially removes a threat which makes pinning your ears back that much more attractive IMO.

Football is not for folks who don't want to get hit. If you are one of those people, another sport is probably for you. I am not in favor of ruining this sport by making all of these rule changes that only serve to make it more difficult to play and officiate.

That's just my opinion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It already has to a large degree. I watched a fraction of what I used to this year, and really didn't miss it.

This is just an another arbitrary rule that they can call "when they feel like it."

I do understand they're panicking because youth football participation is WAY down.

But this just isn't anything close to the league that the triplets played in.

Frankly, it's boring.

Same.

I don't watch a quarter of the Football I used to. So much is about everything other then the actual game itself anymore, it just doesn't make me want to watch a lot anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True, it's a moral designation.

... and morally there's nothing wrong with performing a legal maneuver that can help you win the game.
True but by some it could still be described as “dirty” while being allowed or not prohibited by the rules.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d actually support a NFL with less contact.

I’m more interested and entertained watching the skillful artistry of the elite talent juking down the field with blazing speed and god given moves , throwing a perfectly spiraled ball with precision timing to a receiver sprinting or maneuvering across or down the field.

I have little interest in watching 350 lb overweight big bellies holding and bullying each other in the trenches but I do enjoy watching a good tackle or coverage with speed deflecting or deterring a ball carrier.

But a brutal hit is not why I watch the game. The only injuries IMO which should incur are with the limbs, neck, back or shoulder unless you happen to fall on your head. The NFL should take every measure to end the risk for head injuries and the lasting effects thereof.

The equipment , artificial playing surfaces , size and speed of athletes today present entirely too much risk to athletes which creates a liability to the long term health of athletes and in turn to the investment made by ownership to their most valuable asset.