NFL is just sports entertainment?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RaZon, Nov 28, 2021.

1. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    Apparently a lot of you think the NFL isn't legit, it's rigged. Refs more concerned with "their gambling buddies". Ok, those of you who think the league is more pro rasslin' than NCAA football convince me that yes the refs are dirty, and the games are rigged.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, the biggest change is the athletes involved, the game was never meant to be played by guys this big, fast and strong ,was never meant to be played on fake hard grass or 20 games in a season if playoffs.

Anyway....

Obviously the game started out legit, so when did it go from a sport to sports entertainment and rigged? Convince me the NFL is now rigged, you have the floor......

So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?

Jarv and Praxit like this.
  2. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    9,613 Messages
    8,759 Likes Received
    I recently met secretly with an NFL higher-up in a parking garage, and he assured me that the games are rigged. Then he said, "Follow the blue hair."

3. nyc-cowboy

nyc-cowboy Well-Known Member

5,629 Messages
    6,153 Likes Received
    1995 obviously...

4. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

3,309 Messages
    3,561 Likes Received
    If you read the NFL history books, when Marshall bought Washington, he introduced the concept of making rule changes with entertainment in mind. It started then.

P.S I think NCAA is a lot less pure from a rigging perspective.

Fastpitch Dad, CWR and Zekeats like this.
  5. Havic

Havic Well-Known Member

1,175 Messages
    1,828 Likes Received
    Remember, when the NFL testified before congress they classified it as entertainment instead of a sport. For real though, that Minnesota game convinced me the refs were trying to line up to Vegas odds. And its not like the refs trying to make a buck, it goes much higher imo.

Jarv, McKDaddy, Floatyworm and 4 others like this.
  6. TheHerd

TheHerd Well-Known Member

9,521 Messages
    10,336 Likes Received
    When the thousands went to millions went to billions. Money always corrupts. Always.

7. RaZon

RaZon Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    First post with no facts. Have a feeling that will be how this goes, nobody with anything.

thunderpimp91 likes this.
  8. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

28,807 Messages
    60,218 Likes Received
    No sane person believes that.

You'll notice you never get those threads when things are going well for Dallas. It's just a form of whining when folks don't like the results.

9. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

14,871 Messages
    18,716 Likes Received
    I dont think it's fully rigged, and no one can possibly present the evidence you're looking for, so you win.

But I do think the Hochuli family sees a national game as an opportunity to show the world they exist.

10. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

13,200 Messages
    25,407 Likes Received
    People that think the NFL is rigged are homers that just can't accept that their team just isn't good enough.

11. Setackin

Setackin radioactivecowboy88

3,469 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    What’s ur proof they have?

12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

41,895 Messages
    20,272 Likes Received
    The fans that think the NFL is rigged and that games are predetermined need to seek therapy. Can’t understand why fans would even bother to watch the games if they believe that. With all the scrutiny on officiating with cameras everywhere it’s ludicrous to believe games are rigged.

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,582 Messages
    3,777 Likes Received
    There’s a book from a former ref who says it’s massaged not rigged. His claim was they are asked to call certain games tighter than others. I can’t recall the name but he was an African-American man.

I’m surprised as I assumed they sigh an NDA but he may have pre-dated that?

I’ve watch football since the 70s and certainty have watched questionable games including the thanksgiving game.

14. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,281 Messages
    11,730 Likes Received
    Don't get your panties in a bunch cause your too brainwashed to have an open mind. 99% of crap on the TELL a Vision is fake, false or misleading.

15. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,426 Messages
    8,528 Likes Received
    I don’t think every game is rigged. I do believe they’ve micromanaged the sport so much with unnecessary rules and penalties that they have the ability to decide results of games without anyone noticing.

TheSkaven, bigE79, McKDaddy and 4 others like this.
  16. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

7,223 Messages
    7,454 Likes Received
    ..same thing that happened to the country. Change for the want of more, whatever it is that leads accumulation. Power, greed, attention ..etc.

Media the main culprit. The giant Megaphone screaming, "Look guys, what about this?". Whether its fact or lie. Football is smack in the middle. Spoon feeding us how much players make, what they can do or how they live their lives.

Like we care? Just play the damn game, stop complaining. Remember the players back then? Made a good tackle got up, high five couple of players...>>> then back to the play.

Now they make a play, take out a camera, run all over the field making personal gestures, break dancing. Society/Media eats it up>>>>> More consumer spending on NFL and its correlations.

Vandyr, bigE79, dueyhemlock and 2 others like this.
  17. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    10,449 Likes Received
    Do your own research. I'm not claiming anything, but lookup what Goodell said about football being entertainment.

Lastly, you can't prove anything to people who think the news tells the truth, and believe damn near everything they see and hear on TV.

18. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

17,891 Messages
    17,315 Likes Received
    i met with an NFL whistleblower , we are talking legit top of the top in the league .

he said Goodell has low IQ ... his tests came out .

McKDaddy likes this.
  19. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

20,269 Messages
    20,061 Likes Received
    I don’t think there is some grand conspiracy against the Cowboys, but officials are human and as such are susceptible to group think mentality. It’s very easy to fall in line with anti Cowboy mentality and/or disliking Jerry Jones etc. and for that to begin permeating the ranks. There is absolutely no way anyone can look at the number of egregiously bad calls against the Cowboys this season and not think it at least deserves some more looking into.

20. ArbynTX

ArbynTX Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    332 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    :lmao::lmao2: