NFL is just sports entertainment?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dude, explain the plan, what plan, come on break it down, what plan?
You will end up with the same *** hats you always get...the teams that always get calls...Green Bay...KC....New England....Tampa Bay....the teams with the QBs the league can sell. It's not rocket science....

RaZon

Reaction score
The game is crap...you barely have enough QBs to run a league. You get Jerry Jones selling this clown Prescott as a franchise QB. I know he sucks...he's inaccurate...doesn't read a defense. ..but hey...go ahead sell this garbage because 90% will buy it. For me...I will continue to call it like I see it....it's a woke dumpster fire.

Dude, what are you watching? I don't see any of that and watching an exciting game right now, hell...INT!!!!

Totally disagree and something tells me you don't get invited to many parties.

RaZon

Reaction score
You will end up with the same *** hats you always get...the teams that always get calls...Green Bay...KC....New England....Tampa Bay....the teams with the QBs the league can sell. It's not rocket science....

Apparently it is rocket science since all you did was list some names. So tell us how this...plan...actually works, go ahead.

Dude, there is no plan don't be a fool.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dude, what are you watching? I don't see any of that and watching an exciting game right now, hell...INT!!!!

Totally disagree and something tells me you don't get invited to many parties.

Ravens 6
Browns 3.......barn burner:oldcouple:

Halftime...Lamar with 3 Ints...lol. But NBC will sell this right up until the end of the game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Working on my sixth football game in the last two days...

Michigan vs Ohio State
Alabama vs Auburn............amazing game!
BYU vs USC
Buc's vs Colts
Niners vs Vikings
Ravens vs Browns

....trust me the last thing on my mind is refs, they are a total......nothing.

Hell, I can't think of the name of any NFL ref have never paid any attention.

Getting all wrapped up with refs, nay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're better than me. Every three plays has a flag, A every big play we all wait for it.

I'm still a hockey fan, and I have become an Aussie football fan. Great action, tough players.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I guess for those who think the league truly is rigged, my question is why are you still here, and why do you still watch?
I guess I have trouble letting go. I've been watching for as long as I can remember. I really want it to be truly exposed. I hate that the game I've been watching since a kid is being manipulated by the referees.

RaZon

Reaction score
You're better than me. Every three plays has a flag, A every big play we all wait for it.

I'm still a hockey fan, and I have become an Aussie football fan. Great action, tough players.

Every three plays has a flag, dude, do I really need to show you how wrong that is? I can ya know.

Hockey has inferior athletes, don't fight it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Every three plays has a flag, dude, do I really need to show you how wrong that is? I can ya know.

Hockey has inferior athletes, don't fight it.
Inferior at things that matter to football. Hockey hand eye and ability to do things while, I don't know, skating, is superior. No one said football players aren't crazy athletes. They are freaks of nature. As are basketball players.

Thats not the question. The sport just doesn't do it for me like it once did. The rules and the over officiating have done it. It's just not very interesting to me, outside the Cowboys.

We can agree to disagree. I do watch more high school than I used to, andsome college now.

RaZon

Reaction score
Inferior at things that matter to football. Hockey hand eye and ability to do things while, I don't know, skating, is superior. No one said football players aren't crazy athletes. They are freaks of nature. As are basketball players.

Thats not the question. The sport just doesn't do it for me like it once did. The rules and the over officiating have done it. It's just not very interesting to me, outside the Cowboys.

We can agree to disagree. I do watch more high school than I used to, andsome college now.

A tiny little Asian ping pong player has superior hand eye ability. A 115 pound female gymnast can......

You got what I meant.

Well I am enjoying this football game as the crowd goes wild, see ya!

CWR

Reaction score
The fans that think the NFL is rigged and that games are predetermined need to seek therapy. Can’t understand why fans would even bother to watch the games if they believe that. With all the scrutiny on officiating with cameras everywhere it’s ludicrous to believe games are rigged.

I like how it goes from a biased officials to the game being predetermined. In true zone fashion it has to be polar, and extreme otherwise it doesn't exist.

RaZon

Reaction score
So here is a thread for all you....NFL is rigged.....gang to prove it, yet I see.....nothing.

Come on lets have some names, how it's done a few great examples of fixed games, Where is that at?

RaZon

Reaction score

shabazz

Reaction score
Since Al Davis went head to head with the NfL front office elites in the last 70’s, they have consistently remained the top penalized team in the league...both in volume and in situational circumstances

30 plus years of different coaches and different players and different cultures......but somehow, someway....they are at the top of penalized teams

Nothing to see here at all:rolleyes:

RaZon

Reaction score
So you really think Goodell got with the refs and told them....ok I don't like Davis so do what ya can, ok? And every one of those crews ....ok we will......come on man hahaha!!!!

RaZon

Reaction score
Anyone here know an NFL ref? Just who are these people, ah....crooks? Why do I doubt that?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Apparently a lot of you think the NFL isn't legit, it's rigged. Refs more concerned with "their gambling buddies". Ok, those of you who think the league is more pro rasslin' than NCAA football convince me that yes the refs are dirty, and the games are rigged.

Been into pro football since the late 50's, the biggest change is the athletes involved, the game was never meant to be played by guys this big, fast and strong ,was never meant to be played on fake hard grass or 20 games in a season if playoffs.

Anyway....

Obviously the game started out legit, so when did it go from a sport to sports entertainment and rigged? Convince me the NFL is now rigged, you have the floor......

So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?

This is just dumb.

It could be rigged and not be anything like the scenarios you laid out. Refs and gambling buddies????? Really?????

The refs take their marching orders from the office of the NFL in NYC.

Why do you say the game started out legit? Do you even know the origins of the NFL? Sounds like you don't.

Pro football started with about 7 owners, rich owners, that wanted to bet on their teams as a sport. Circa late 1920's. (this (dates and numbers) is off the top of my head, been a long time since I read all this stuff). Not so legit stuff.

You said: "So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?"

Why couldn't it just be 1 or 2 refs with instructions from NY? Just asking here. And instructions would be control the momentum of the game . . . that's all, doesn't have to include the over/under or spread. Just relaying a much different and easier to control scenario.

Dallas failed to cover the spread the first 7 games this year.

Despite your sarcasm refs fixing games is well publicized in the NBA. Obviously there is no "proof" in the NFL. Actual proof would be hard to attain short of written document drop from the NFL offices or several refs spilling the beans. But one only has to look at a grouping of games, not just the Dallas only games, and see that momentum can be managed. Sure Dallas and LV had an equal number of penalties but the Dallas penalties were much more damaging . . . all of them. I have no proof. I'm not a hysterical fan. I make no claims other than look at what I see regularly and draw my own thoughts out. I keep an open mind. But Grandpa always said "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining"!

I will turn the tables and say to you : Can you prove there is no outside interference or even a prejudice against certain teams/owners? Are you positive the world is pure and faultless and what you see portrays that? Do you feel that over the course of a season all the refereeing equals out for each team? Can you prove it. (It's not just a numbers thing but when, how, and what scenario calls are made in.)

Now, I took the time to respond with possibilities. I don't care who considers them. Flat Earthers are everywhere even though there's tons of clues (without looking at a satellite image) to at least consider that the Earth is round.

RaZon

Reaction score
This is just dumb.

It could be rigged and not be anything like the scenarios you laid out. Refs and gambling buddies????? Really?????

The refs take their marching orders from the office of the NFL in NYC.

Why do you say the game started out legit? Do you even know the origins of the NFL? Sounds like you don't.

Pro football started with about 7 owners, rich owners, that wanted to bet on their teams as a sport. Circa late 1920's. (this (dates and numbers) is off the top of my head, been a long time since I read all this stuff). Not so legit stuff.

You said: "So before a game the refs get together and try to do all thy can to get the winner and the betting line covered, right? Make sure the Steelers cover that 5.5.....right?"

Why couldn't it just be 1 or 2 refs with instructions from NY? Just asking here. And instructions would be control the momentum of the game . . . that's all, doesn't have to include the over/under or spread. Just relaying a much different and easier to control scenario.

Dallas failed to cover the spread the first 7 games this year.

Despite your sarcasm refs fixing games is well publicized in the NBA. Obviously there is no "proof" in the NFL. Actual proof would be hard to attain short of written document drop from the NFL offices or several refs spilling the beans. But one only has to look at a grouping of games, not just the Dallas only games, and see that momentum can be managed. Sure Dallas and LV had an equal number of penalties but the Dallas penalties were much more damaging . . . all of them. I have no proof. I'm not a hysterical fan. I make no claims other than look at what I see regularly and draw my own thoughts out. I keep an open mind. But Grandpa always said "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining"!

I will turn the tables and say to you : Can you prove there is no outside interference or even a prejudice against certain teams/owners? Are you positive the world is pure and faultless and what you see portrays that? Do you feel that over the course of a season all the refereeing equals out for each team? Can you prove it. (It's not just a numbers thing but when, how, and what scenario calls are made in.)

Now, I took the time to respond with possibilities. I don't care who considers them. Flat Earthers are everywhere even though there's tons of clues (without looking at a satellite image) to at least consider that the Earth is round.

Dumb is thinking the origins of the NFL started because of gambling, take a few minutes and bone up on what really happened . Football history buff here my man, and it goes back before the NFL.

Dude, was talking about others talking about..."their gambling buddies"....assumed that was obvious.

Stop with this...well the NBA....ok? This is the NFL with far more people involved, far bigger.

You really believe anyone actually cares about what teams do anything, really? Ah....why? So it's...get those Raiders.....get those Cowboys.....get those Patriots,...three of the most iconic franchises in the NFL.

There are no clues of any kind that anyone is fixing games, rigging games or treating any teams differently, not one name, there is nothing.

Common sense my man.....the NFL is being rigged, think about that. Do you honestly believe that could be kept a secret all this time, hell no it couldn't.

The NFL is a great game full of amazing athletes, the best in the world so I suggest ya enjoy the action, enjoy this great game and dump this silly.......all rigged,...speaking of dumb, there it is.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rules, the NFL gets that $$$$$$$$$$$$ from the TV deals, trust me all that dries up if anyone had a reason to investigate is the game legit. Nobody is stupid enough to mess with this sport, simply too big.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
Every NFL ref has a family, would guess a wife, kids, some are grand dads. Anyone really buy....."ok guys the play today is Raiders laying 6.5 so lets make it happen, ok:".......hahahaha!!!!

Come on people get real. A gang of refs all in their 40's and older all with other jobs trying to rig an NFL game......hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after the game and a returned fumble to score ruined that laying 6.5, one of the refs gets a phone call....

Benny the Bean Berruti....yo my man, what happened today?
ref.....sorry Benny, that fumble return, hey...
Benny....hmmmm? Don't want to see this again, got it?
ref.....got it Benny, sorry.
Benny....ok Thursday, Bears plus 8.5, don't disappoint, clear?
ref....clear!

Oh hell yes, just like that.

Last edited: