News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm starting to come around to the possibility that we could see Riley as HC with Zimmer as DC if he's let go in Minnesota.

Here's a crazy thought: What if the Vikings traded Zimmer's rights to Dallas in order to keep Stefanski, who is then shuffled to a DC/assistant HC position?

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Reilly as HC, Zimmer as DC, and McCarthy as OC. That's a good set up. Then the question is, who becomes ST coach?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Their first interview is an offensive guy. There's a legitimate debate about whether they go offense for their QB or defense to get that side of the ball seriously addressed. I don't know which I prefer.
I am not so sure I am impressed with the little posse of coaches that McCarthy has supposedly in his back pocket: Jim Haslett, Frank Cignetti, Jr. (McAdoo’s quarterbacks coach with the Giants), and Scott McCurley (started with McCarthy fetching coffee).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, he is a significant upgrade over Garrett. Dude ain’t going have that deer in the headlights look with the game on the line.

He also has fell in love with analytics since leaving GB. Clappy has no dam idea what we are even talking about here, lol.

So, I guess he would be ok, not my first choice but we could do worse. cough, Zimmer, cough.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Pathetic jerry and family

Marvin Lewis?

O19uuwm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.