News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to that. Reilly as HC, Zimmer as DC, and McCarthy as OC. That's a good set up. Then the question is, who becomes ST coach?

I see McCarthy getting of the other head coaching gigs. I bet DePodesta loves him, who's apparently set to take on a lot more control within the Browns organization.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm Jerry, I give McCarthy a weight that I want him to be at in training camp and it's written into the contract that he can't go under that designated weight.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can grow to like this. I think this is probably the most realistic candidate. Him and Marvin Lewis......he’s not the splash fans would want but he’s a credible coach who can lead men.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Former Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is another potential candidate for Dallas. Rapoport reports the organization is interested in Lewis, who served as a special adviser to Herm Edwards and the Arizona State football program during the 2019 season."

Is it April Fools already? That's an old Dan Snyder move there...:facepalm:

Rooney Rule.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm more angry at this than Garrett throwing our season away. All hope for this franchise has disappeared if we hire McCarthy or Lewis

Adreme

Reaction score
Sounds like Marvin Lewis is the Rooney Rule guy. McCarthy is the #1 coach available. His resume speaks for itself.

His resume is that Aaron Rodgers existed to carry his teams and yet despite having a generational QB talent he could only get 1 Super Bowl out of them. The best example of why McCarthy is not very good can be shown when you look at how the Packers are doing this year despite Rodgers having one of his worst years as a passer in recent memory. Rodgers is for the first time playing badly and they are winning more which just shows how useless of a coach McCarthy is.

CWR

Reaction score
Sounds like Marvin Lewis is the Rooney Rule guy. McCarthy is the #1 coach available. His resume speaks for itself.

One superbowl with perhaps the most talented QB of this generation. Im not saying I hate it, but Im not excited either. They were past ready when he was released from GB. The team looked terrible towards the end of his tenure. At least that's how I remember it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I see McCarthy getting of the other head coaching gigs. I bet DePodesta loves him, who's apparently set to take on a lot more control within the Browns organization.

Yeah, I could see that. And McCarthy may want a HC job. Though, my guess is maybe he'd be HC since we have Moore.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
If these reports are true then it seem Jerry and the rest of the NFL are looking heavily at experienced NFL coaches rather than college guys.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
"Former Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is another potential candidate for Dallas. Rapoport reports the organization is interested in Lewis, who served as a special adviser to Herm Edwards and the Arizona State football program during the 2019 season."

ROONEY RULE

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Marvin Lewis gets a tough break but he manages to consistently get into the playoffs and he didn’t have the best of teams. My main concern though is he’s the same voice as Garrett. Maybe he doesn’t clap as much but I don’t think that’s the right voice to hire after Garrett. Make no mistake though he can coach in this league. He knows what he’s doing. But I don’t think he’s the coach to get us over the hump we can’t seem to get over.

Status
Not open for further replies.