NFL names Dak Prescott as Dallas Cowboys “unsung hero” of 2019 season

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree it’s amazing and thank you for that.

Fact is. It will be done. I feel it’s a good choice. You clearly don’t.

You have changed your argument. First. It was he only won more than anyone besides Brady because his team was so good. And even though he played the most important position on the team during that time he was not responsible and you had the stats to back your argument.

Then when he put up great numbers proving you completely wrong. You went another direction.

My stance has been the same. He’s the best and most realistic option. He’s a winner with the record to prove that and underrated by someone like you. That evaluates with, your now infamous, eyeball test. (Which doesn’t sound like a cop out at all)

I’d suggest basing an argument on some sort of empirical evidence. But you do you.

Also, I asked you a very straight forward question. I don’t ask you what you thought Jerry would do. I genuinely want understand this level of denial.

Do you think he will get the mega deal?

Dak will NEVER see a MEGA DEAL!

Does this suffice?

Section446

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Romo, and now i'm pulling hard for Dak to do well too. Because if he doesn't, we're right back where we were after Troy retired. I do think it's odd that almost all media outlets that I USED TO WATCH (ESPN, NFL Network talking heads, pregame shows, and about 50% of Cowboys fans in general) really always ripped Romo. It's like the fumble in the playoff game in Seattle was some sort of Scarlet Letter he was forced to wear for his entire career. And now we've had Dak for a few years, he's done alright, and he gets a lot of positive spin from all sorts of media outlets. Admittedly i watch much less NFL stuff than i did, but i don't recall seeing Dak getting any criticism at all (other than from about 50% of Cowboys fans i read on message boards). It's odd that it's flipped so much, and on the surface, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for it.
I didn't think Romo was a Super Bowl caliber QB and I know that Dak isn't one.

Blackrain

Reaction score
3 Field goals in an entire division deciding game against the Eagles. #noexcuses
And a fumble by Pollard at Eagles 25 along with a dropped TD by Gallup . 10 points left by people not doing their job would have won the game NEXT!!

Sydla

Reaction score
I have been critical of Dak and been called a Dak hater.

But I think he did a pretty good job in 2019. Certainly not "elite" but I think the criticism of his play is often overplayed.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dak will NEVER see a MEGA DEAL!

Does this suffice?

Can we agree 35 mil is mega? (Though it may be more)

If he does will you promise not to post for the length of his deal?

Please, I’m asking for a friend.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we agree 35 mil is mega? (Though it may be more)

If he does will you promise not to post for the length of his deal?

Please, I’m asking for a friend.

The issue isn't the money pretty much irrelevant as his talent level will remain the same at 35 million or 20 million...Below average!
Why pay this guy makes no sense at this point unless your goal is to beat Dog teams and fold like a cheap tent against playoff caliber teams!
We are the Dallas Cowboys not the Cleveland Browns its Superbowl or Bust for us!!!!

shabazz

Reaction score
And a fumble by Pollard at Eagles 25 along with a dropped TD by Gallup . 10 points left by people not doing their job would have won the game NEXT!!

"so many excuses, so little time". 8-8 and no playoffs in the worst division in football. Cant buy a TD in 60 minutes of football? A lot of us aint buying what your selling.

Reaction score
Great to see people around the league appreciate Daks work . Shows the agenda some bring to this forum to bash him when others around the league can see what real QB problems are and view Dak as a hero .

Really something how the rest of the football watching world can see all the different team problems we had this year and that Dak was actually the bright spot . Others understand that not being able to elevate a team with problems in all phases dose not make you the problem just not the total solution
Nobody hates Dak more than Cowboys fans.

Reaction score
This is idiotic. Please, name me the better WR groups in the NFL. Show me the amount of teams with two 1,000 yard receivers, Cobb had 800 yards himself. Just because a player was available =/= bad

Romo had T.O for 2 full seasons. Also, "HURR DURR JUST NAMING NAMES" - like Cooper isn't known league wide and Gallup didn't play well this year.

Romo didn't have Owens, Dez, and Witten all together on the same field at the same time, genius.

NEXT!
So the Cowboys had two 1,000 yard receivers and another with 800 yards. But the QB was terrible.

I guess these guys threw the ball to themselves.

Reaction score
Do people realize that without Dak this was probably a 4 win team at best. Look how poor our defense, and special teams were. If it weren't for Dak we would have been str8 trash. The fact we were even in playoff contention was a miracle. Poor defensive efficiency, no takeaways, worst field position in football (1 drive starting in opp side of field), terrible kicking game. Punter was worst in the league and we had to cut our fg kicker toward the end of the year. Our coaching was atrocious, our $100 million DE had 5 sacks. Our LBs were bad. Secondary sucked like usual. Dak couldn't even rely on the run game this year.

I think people here need to actually watch other games and not just redzone highlights. Btw coaching was terrible every pundit in the league said it from the rip about the cowboys staff hence they are almost all looking for jobs now. If they were so good and Dak was so bad they wouldn't have all been fired.
Agreed.

People hating on Dak as if he were the sole reason the team was 8-8 either have no idea what they are looking at or have an agenda.

Dak is far from perfect. But he is far down the list as to why the team finished where they did.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The issue isn't the money pretty much irrelevant as his talent level will remain the same at 35 million or 20 million...Below average!
Why pay this guy makes no sense at this point unless your goal is to beat Dog teams and fold like a cheap tent against playoff caliber teams!
We are the Dallas Cowboys not the Cleveland Browns its Superbowl or Bust for us!!!!
I’ll take that as a yes!!!! Thanks, I owe you one!!