NFL names Dak Prescott as Dallas Cowboys “unsung hero” of 2019 season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wrong.

Replace Dak with any of 30 other quarterbacks in the NFL, and the Cowboys would have finished 8-8 or BETTER.

He didn't do anything special whatsoever this season. I can only think of 4 or 5 plays all year that were truly impressive. Everything else was run-of-the-mill stuff and garbage time stat paddings.

LOL...……….he only led the league in passing and led the #1 offense in the NFL. How many other QB's in the NFL did that bozo?

ONE yard shy of the highest passing total in Cowboys history.

And that includes all your games where the Cowboys offense didn't do diddly.

Those two facts alone make your claim that he did nothing special whatsoever nothing more than a laughable joke.

And lets not forget that many of the things he did this year individually were all things you claimed he WAS NOT CAPABLE of doing.

Which further makes trolls like you look more silly than it otherwise would.

Anyone with half a brain could deduce that since:

1. Dak led the NFL in passing
and
2. Led the #1 offense in the NFL

That the cause for the 8-8 debacle of a season would lay more in the hands of positions other than Dak and the offense.

Such as: Coaching, defense, special teams. Both defense and special teams were obvious from not only watching the NFL, but analyzing their stats. And of course the fact that the horrid Garrett got fired should clue you into the blame in that department.

Any other silly comments you need correcting on?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong.

Replace Dak with any of 30 other quarterbacks in the NFL, and the Cowboys would have finished 8-8 or BETTER.

He didn't do anything special whatsoever this season. I can only think of 4 or 5 plays all year that were truly impressive. Everything else was run-of-the-mill stuff and garbage time stat paddings.
:hammer:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Wrong.

We were having to drive 75 yards about 95% of the time with most 1st down runs not gaining more than 2 yards. Constantly behind the chains. Like I said go watch other quarterbacks. There's no way you would be saying that if you actually watched other qbs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We were having to drive 75 yards about 95% of the time with most 1st down runs not gaining more than 2 yards. Constantly behind the chains. Like I said go watch other quarterbacks. There's no way you would be saying that if you actually watched other qbs.

When Dak was sacked 58 times last year and was fumbling, all they talked about was how Dak was horrible in the pocket and it was HIS fault for the sacks. Sacks were all of a sudden a QB stat. LOL

Yet here we are just one year later and Dak miraculously wasn't fumbling much anymore and he was only sacked 28 times. I don't hear any of the trolls giving Dak credit for less sacks?

Its because sacks are a oline stat and the Oline finally got healthy and played much better. Which was obvious, and they were all told as much last year.

ONLY to lose ANOTHER argument on the laughable Dak hatred front.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The litmus test is, "Is the QB improving the offense, hurting it, or not making a difference one way or the other?"

This division was a layup. The easiest division in football by a mile. The Cowboys should have won it in their sleep.

Did Dak play well in critical moments? Were there any games you could say he carried the team? Did Dallas win any games that they couldn't have won with pretty much any typical NFL quarterback?

The answer to those questions is a resounding "no."

So why dump $200 million on a run-of-the-mill QB?
You don’t like Dak at $450k per year, why are you now focusing on a high salary? He could play for vet minimum and you wouldn’t be satisfied.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How do you explain Drew Brees in all the horrible years he has had and all the big games he couldn't win on his own through his Saints tenure?
lets not try and compare Dak to Brees :muttley::lmao2::facepalm:

Brees has had like more 5k yard seasons then anyone, had had 2-3 years with 40plus tds, won a SB , even in those years he had great stats and not watching every game and remembering none it does not matter to me..
HOF first ballot..how much did brees play for last season? 23mil? Dak asking for 34? wont accept 32/33 is a big issue for a players who done NOTHING yet..

Brees career
77,416-I believe first overall
547 TDS! I believe first overall now..

The issue here with a lot of Dak Critics is what his latest salary demands are to what fans who watched every snap hes made and given this year I saw with my own eyes he regressed and had chances to win more games and he was the cause in 3-4 that he directly lost..its what we witnessed first hand against NE, BUFF, CHI, Rams and PHilly game 2

Dakl was very inaccurate not just somewhat he looked horrible and now wants more then most of the HOF players are making..this is the issue he so far from Hero its not even witnessed by the Hubble Scope..

Ive seen dak have these bad stretches before but he had some valid excuses but this last season finish the team did not let him down, the defense played well, zeke , ran well in all games but one in that stretch but found found a rhythm in the 2nd half of the philly game like the rest of the team sans dak, I mean he had time and missed so many open Receivers it changed my mind about him..

I was all for getting his deal done and him being our QB for long time but that was just bad..all on him IMO I witnessed it , we all witnessed it and the handful of blind supporters use excuses where this time there are none..

Golfzilla77

Reaction score
I was a big fan of Romo, and now i'm pulling hard for Dak to do well too. Because if he doesn't, we're right back where we were after Troy retired. I do think it's odd that almost all media outlets that I USED TO WATCH (ESPN, NFL Network talking heads, pregame shows, and about 50% of Cowboys fans in general) really always ripped Romo. It's like the fumble in the playoff game in Seattle was some sort of Scarlet Letter he was forced to wear for his entire career. And now we've had Dak for a few years, he's done alright, and he gets a lot of positive spin from all sorts of media outlets. Admittedly i watch much less NFL stuff than i did, but i don't recall seeing Dak getting any criticism at all (other than from about 50% of Cowboys fans i read on message boards). It's odd that it's flipped so much, and on the surface, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wrong.

:hammer: not sure about any of the 30 but a lot of them yes..truth

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dang, so much GREATNESS and no new contract to date for Dak.
The Dak-Trolls are out in full force once again and baby their desperation is showing big time!!!

62c914349e188f99e5bf5ef8fd531616-original.jpg
Can you put your comedy routine on hold for one second and, in a straight forward way, answer one question?

Do you believe Dak is not getting a new contract? A giant mega contract. If you don’t think he is I’m worried that you’re in denial. And I’m being literal about the psychological condition.

It’s very clear that it will happen. It’s a matter of time.

But my questions stands. And please try to drop your routine. Do you really think he won’t?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Romo, and now i'm pulling hard for Dak to do well too. Because if he doesn't, we're right back where we were after Troy retired. I do think it's odd that almost all media outlets that I USED TO WATCH (ESPN, NFL Network talking heads, pregame shows, and about 50% of Cowboys fans in general) really always ripped Romo. It's like the fumble in the playoff game in Seattle was some sort of Scarlet Letter he was forced to wear for his entire career. And now we've had Dak for a few years, he's done alright, and he gets a lot of positive spin from all sorts of media outlets. Admittedly i watch much less NFL stuff than i did, but i don't recall seeing Dak getting any criticism at all (other than from about 50% of Cowboys fans i read on message boards). It's odd that it's flipped so much, and on the surface, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for it.
I wonder if it’s less mistakes in big moments?

I too loved Romo. Most underrated QB all time imo.
It wasn’t fair, but that’s the picture they painted of him. Ignoring all his 4th quarter comebacks.

shabazz

Reaction score
3 Field goals in an entire division deciding game against the Eagles. #noexcuses

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you put your comedy routine on hold for one second and, in a straight forward way, answer one question?

Do you believe Dak is not getting a new contract? A giant mega contract. If you don’t think he is I’m worried that you’re in denial. And I’m being literal about the psychological condition.

It’s very clear that it will happen. It’s a matter of time.

But my questions stands. And please try to drop your routine. Do you really think he won’t?

Dak is not worthy of a mega-deal as his talent base does not warrant for one.
Now if the worst GM in the NFL (25 years of incompetence) Jerry Jones wants to pull a Jim Jones and commit Cowboy suicide giving him one you never know as the J.Blue is strong in them veins?
Personally I see Dak's best scenario being the tag or having to compete either with a rookie or a new vet QB like Rivers for his Job in 2020.
What I find so amazing is you and others here stating your Cowboy loyalty and love and trying to sell us daily here and chain us with such an inept QB as Dak?
?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now if the worst GM in the NFL (25 years of incompetence) Jerry Jones wants to pull a Jim Jones and commit Cowboy suicide giving him one you never know as the J.Blue is strong in them veins?
Personally I see Dak's best scenario being the tag or having to compete either with a rookie or a new vet QB like Rivers for his Job in 2020.
What I find so amazing is you and others here stating your Cowboy loyalty and love and trying to sell us daily here and chain us with such an inept QB as Dak?
?
Troll.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
?
I agree it’s amazing and thank you for that.

Fact is. It will be done. I feel it’s a good choice. You clearly don’t.

You have changed your argument. First. It was he only won more than anyone besides Brady because his team was so good. And even though he played the most important position on the team during that time he was not responsible and you had the stats to back your argument.

Then when he put up great numbers proving you completely wrong. You went another direction.

My stance has been the same. He’s the best and most realistic option. He’s a winner with the record to prove that and underrated by someone like you. That evaluates with, your now infamous, eyeball test. (Which doesn’t sound like a cop out at all)

I’d suggest basing an argument on some sort of empirical evidence. But you do you.

Also, I asked you a very straight forward question. I don’t ask you what you thought Jerry would do. I genuinely want understand this level of denial.

Do you think he will get the mega deal?

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I just can’t believe some think Dak won’t get that mega deal. I mean, do you follow this team? The sport? Any sport?

Whether you like it or not It’s getting done and it’s next even a little close.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Wrong.

Again your allegiance to Romo clouds your judgement as you continue to watch games hoping Dak fails and can never see the good he dose or what he has to overcome . H King went over all the facets of the game that we were the worst at in an earlier post so I wont revisit , Roy went over the fact that Dak lead the NFL in passing .

But you and the rest of the gridiron challenged group continue to dismiss all the normal MEASURABLES that the unbiased football world uses to grade a QB plus the intangibles that Dak brings to this team that we have not had in years

Keep reading The Kings post over and over till you gain some perspective on what Dak had to overcome this year try . Put the Romo fanhood on the back burner and separate yourself from the 3rd world One Line football annalists on this forum you are better than that .

Hadenough

Reaction score
Only Dallas fans find ways to make an 8-8 season sound like the QB had nothing to do with it. The thing that puzzles me is how so many people can be fooled by his poor performance through long periods of time by 4th quarter garbage time stats.

Blackrain

Reaction score
lets not try and compare Dak to Brees :muttley::lmao2::facepalm:

Brees has had like more 5k yard seasons then anyone, had had 2-3 years with 40plus tds, won a SB , even in those years he had great stats and not watching every game and remembering none it does not matter to me..
HOF first ballot..how much did brees play for last season? 23mil? Dak asking for 34? wont accept 32/33 is a big issue for a players who done NOTHING yet..

Brees career
77,416-I believe first overall
547 TDS! I believe first overall now..

The issue here with a lot of Dak Critics is what his latest salary demands are to what fans who watched every snap hes made and given this year I saw with my own eyes he regressed and had chances to win more games and he was the cause in 3-4 that he directly lost..its what we witnessed first hand against NE, BUFF, CHI, Rams and PHilly game 2

Dakl was very inaccurate not just somewhat he looked horrible and now wants more then most of the HOF players are making..this is the issue he so far from Hero its not even witnessed by the Hubble Scope..

Ive seen dak have these bad stretches before but he had some valid excuses but this last season finish the team did not let him down, the defense played well, zeke , ran well in all games but one in that stretch but found found a rhythm in the 2nd half of the philly game like the rest of the team sans dak, I mean he had time and missed so many open Receivers it changed my mind about him..

I was all for getting his deal done and him being our QB for long time but that was just bad..all on him IMO I witnessed it , we all witnessed it and the handful of blind supporters use excuses where this time there are none..

You say you watched every snap and the team didnt let Dak down . Did you watch the Philly game Dak had his arm shot up twice to play and yes he had some errant throws but did you see the balls to Witten , Cooper and Cobb in there hands that they flatout dropped and a sure TD to Gallup in his hands in stride DROPPED . Did Dak fumble on the Eagles 25 no that was Pollard . Daks team let him down when his arm had him compromised let be honest