NFL Network coverage of combine has turned into garbage

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It's definitely gone downhill since they started it. Much less focus on what's going on vs. talking heads doing just that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
A lot more talking and commercials. I've been watching for 1/2 hour and I saw one guy bench press. No drills. They can talk the rest of the offseason, show the players please.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Seems the same to me.

Way more commercials...And player interviews.

I don't give a crap if a guy got stuck on a plane(Clowney). I want to see players run...and workout. Is that so much to ask for? A commercial free combine....If ESPN was smart they would televise this w/ no commercials and kick the NFL Networks butt in ratings.

CashMan

Reaction score

I don't give a crap if a guy got stuck on a plane(Clowney). I want to see players run...and workout. Is that so much to ask for? A commercial free combine....If ESPN was smart they would televise this w/ no commercials and kick the NFL Networks butt in ratings.

go to the local gym... but seriously, since the nfl draft became mainstream like 3yrs ago, it has become a joke.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
DVR it and fast forward the commercials. It's still good coverage of all the drills.

Nirvana

Reaction score

I wonder how much the NFL would sell it to ESPN for though, they own NFL Network. If it's run with no commercials that's quite an investment with no return on it for how long? I know I'm in the minority but I like listening to Mayock.

dogberry

Reaction score
Does NFL Network have exclusive rights to the live telecast? I don't have cable, so my ignorance is vast.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I got Time Warner and they don't offer NFL Network, something about the fees they would have to pay are too high....................sounds like I am not missing much other than commercials.

CashMan

Reaction score
I got Time Warner and they don't offer NFL Network, something about the fees they would have to pay are too high....................sounds like I am not missing much other than commercials.

I think they are merging with comcast, so there might be some relief soon.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would like to see them time the commercials better. There is a lot of dead time during the event. It is a made for TV event. Have one group run and then take a commerical break. There are plenty of times you can find 2 minutes to break where you don't miss the 40 or drills.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would like to see them time the commercials better. There is a lot of dead time during the event. It is a made for TV event. Have one group run and then take a commerical break. There are plenty of times you can find 2 minutes to break where you don't miss the 40 or drills.

I like that idea a lot!!!!